It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did extraterrestrial's spark life on earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've wonderd this question for some time now. I have seen too much evidence that suggests we haven't been alone here on earth for ages.

From carvings in ancient egypitan tombs, the vimanas in India, to the renaissance paintings depicting strange objects in the sky. If closed minded people are saying the UFO and exterrestrial phenomenon is a hoax then how is it logicaly possible for this "hoax" to last thousands of years? It's not, and your left with only one conclusion, we are definatly not alone and haven't been for a very long time. Just how long?

This is where I became confused and would like to have some input. Say an archaic group of exterrestrials came to earth about 200,000 years ago. This alien race would observe/study earth and its inhabitants. Realizing the evolution of this planet has produced spectacular organisims and a plethera of diverse life. However, they saw the monkey's and ape's of this world and thought they held promise to become something more than what they were. They abduct one special ape and implant a DNA/Gene mutator of some kind. They saw that this had the effect they wanted and decided to "help" the rest of this particular species evolve quicker than the rest of the beasts. Over time these special apes became modern humans.
That is one scenario, here is another logical hypothesis. "Seeder" exterrestrials came here before life on earth billions of years ago and jumpstarted this planet into what we know today.

Questions still remain however and will always without hard proof or outright disclosure by the alien's themselves. A question that has plauged me ever since finding out the world isn't what it appears to be, why are typical aliens bipedal and look mostly like us? If that question is solved we will have our answer to the genesis of life on earth. Are there really aliens out there that want us to become more like them? and if so what plans to they have for us? Do they want humans to join the intergalatic community, or do they just want something to rule over?
Just my thoughts........

[edit on 2-6-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

mod edit: title clarity

[edit on 3-6-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think not.
I think that life and its creation is a mystery about God that permeates the universe.

I have many times considered that we have been alien seeded but most alien stories say other wise.

Also I have questioned that Yeshua was a hybrid.
I think not but its certainly possible.

In the end with the UFO Literature and bible stories and ancient books that we have I would say we have been visited for a long time.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Personally I think that they did.

They need to have something to DO besides just fly around all the time don't you think?
They needed to get some kind of creature down here on this planet to gather the cattle together for them.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
A question that has plauged me ever since finding out the world isn't what it appears is, why are typical aliens bipedal and look mostly like us?

Gosh, I hardly know where to start so I'll just dive in. What do you mean about finding out the world isn't what it appears? It seems to be what it appears to me. Are you SURE you've made a discovery about the world, rather than having deluded yourself? Belief systems do have a way of making everything seem to be "colored" with the trappings of that belief system (hence, aliens are not only involved w/ our government, but with life itself, etc, etc..)

And might I suggest that "aliens" are bipedal and look like us because they're not real and we imagine all sort of creatures (and always have) as looking like us because that's a convenient way to picture other hypothetical intelligent creatures. Gods, angels, aliens, whatever.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Considering the massive biological makeup of the earth, which includes millions of different species, I would have to agree with the argument that life was sparked by aliens. Earth is like a zoo, it is perfect in so many ways. It's almost as if the aliens are running a massive experiment called Earth.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So I guess the question that naturally follows is, if life didn't originate here on Earth, and was seeded here by aliens, where and how did alien life originate? Some distant planet, perhaps? Okay, then why would it be more likely for life to have arisen on some alien planet, and not this one?

The answer is that it wouldn't. And if there was an equal chance of life arising on Earth as it might on a distant planet, then I guess we don't need to hypothesize about the distant planet at all. No need to look any further than your own back yard.

As for aliens manipulating monkey DNA to create human beings, why did they take millions of years to get it done? Any alien with any skill at manipulating genetics should be able to pretty much instantly go from monkey to people in one generation. Or in another scenario, they could have loaded a bunch of monkeys on a space ship, selectively bred them for a few thousand years in space, then returned to Earth with fully evolved humans and just replanted us. An alien space ship moving at relativistic speeds could simply bypass a lot of Earth time to make the change seem instantaneous.

But there are plenty of proto-hominid fossils to be found. There is no quick jump from monkey to man. Which would indicate that we human beings evolved the good old-fashioned, hard way. By surviving and being naturally selected on a planet going through some fast and nasty climate changes, as indicated by fossil and ice core records. We evolved fast because we had to, and because a few of our ancestors were lucky enough to be smart enough to figure out some pretty clever ways of surviving in some very extreme conditions.

No aliens necessary.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
That is completly legit Sophismata.
I am only looking for answers, I cannot prove anything. The only thing I cando is follow the evidence path to different logical conclusions. NONEof us know anything about anything, we can only guess. How have you grownn up? did you have delusions about your life? My guess is yes. The only thing you can do to "undelude" yourself is to gain knowledge, good, bad and both sides of everything. After veiwing things from all angles you must come to some sort of a belief system, otherwise you are empty and shallow.

theRiverGoddess
Absolutly! That is great, I love the way you think. After mastering the universe what the hell else is there to do, very nice!

Thanks guys.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Earth is like a zoo, it is perfect in so many ways. It's almost as if the aliens are running a massive experiment called Earth.

Beautiful Vipassana!
I love the way people are treating this seriously, thats great! I appreciate everyone putting their thinking caps on.

Great question's SuicideVirus.
So many to choose from.....I like this one.

As for aliens manipulating monkey DNA to create human beings, why did they take millions of years to get it done?

My guess is....If the aliens' goal was to have us become one with life in the WHOLE universe, then they would have to gradually do it over time. If they did it all at once then what would we learn? If we were instantly human then we would still have the insticts of an animal and, most likely try to harm our "friends" or try to eat them. They needed for us to become spiritualy/mentaly ready for interaction between other intelligent lifeforms. With that being said, it would take discovery, in other words time, to get us "ready" for that event.

And again these are guesses, NOBODY has THE answer. So things like this forum are impletments of discovery.

Thanks all.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm quite sure that any discoveries in the area of the origins of life on Earth will not be happening on Internet message boards.

I have a feeling we'll all be long dead before an answer is known. That is if the answer is knowable at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Am I wrong when saying that when someone posts something, anything on a message board it opens people's minds to different possibilities. Even if the person is a crazy nuttjob and absolutely wrong he's still contributing to the discovery as a whole by giving that topic one more twist. If a simple twist in someones' thinking is all that is needed, then who is to say that someday someone figures it all out and credits ATS for the inspiration. Then you would have to admit in that situation a stupid message board would be partly responsible for a major discovery of unimaginable magnitude.

However, you are probably right when saying we won't find the answer in our lifetimes. But we will contribute to the whole. That is a fact!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
By all accounts, God is an extraterrestrial.
For an entity to create an earthlike Planet, the entity must be from another place than the Planet Earth, ie. extra-terrestrial.

Also, the Extraterrestrial created us human beings.

All that manipulating going on by God in the Eden laboratories, transplanting ribs and stuff is a dead giveaway.

This message isn't even subtly coded in the Bible, but smack in the face.

(This admittedly isn't an earth-shattering first post,
but everyone starts small.)

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would say all life is extra terrestrial, in a sense. I think there is a lot to be said for the panspermia theory. Also it may suggest that similiar patterns of evolution COULD be possible on other worlds with similiar enviroments. IMO.
Anyone remember the red rain? Searching for 'our alien origins'
That's a different theory than the one presented, I understand but you can see the potential for all life to be alien. The question is, has human evolution been interfered with? It's possible. Genetics is still very new to us and the writing is on the wall that we will one day take conrol over our own genetics and it's evolution. Others may have already done this.

Or we could be the lab rats.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Considering the massive biological makeup of the earth, which includes millions of different species, I would have to agree with the argument that life was sparked by aliens. Earth is like a zoo, it is perfect in so many ways. It's almost as if the aliens are running a massive experiment called Earth.

I don't see that as an argument. Every niche on earth has a species, its normal evolution and makes sense.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by osaitax
By all accounts, God is an extraterrestrial.

No doubt in the minority on this site, feel my God created all life, and is a great mystery for everyone.
The jump from the monkey family to us is silly, no matter how hard some try, as is the "stargate" folks feel aliens seeding the planet is just as amazing, but very interesting, for me. Very smart people, and respect their feelings.
I feel we have been visited, but an alien life form is not the end all answer, and just might have as many questions as we do.
A recent battle with a nasty cancer has made me look at many things in a different light from my younger days.
Enjoy the effort all who try to find the riddle.

[edit: fixed quote tags]

[edit on 2-6-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well the majority of alien contact information says they are looking for God.

They are interested in Mankind as Life is a universal phenomanon and the secret to understanding God is in understanding creation.

They are not the creators.

Also there would be EBE and EDE (dimensional)
to consider in either paradigm I believe.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Think about this. At this point in time of humanity, we have begun to understand the composition of life and how to manipulate it. We now have the cloning of animals, the hybridization of animal/human organs and tissues, we have even begun to learn how to grow meat in a laboratory!

Now, consider the accounts of creation based on Ancient Mesopotamian writings. Sumer and such.

It would make sense that if a civilization has advanced far enough, specially in genetics, and space exploration, that they would create...how would you say it...a species like itself but different.

For example, let's say I am a group of grays and I am just entering a new solar system and discover a planet that contains resources crucial to my survival. At this point I have limited resources, and to travel back to the home star systems, or even the nearest conquered ones, would take some time. Due to my lack of physical strenght, and the conditions of the planet, I, and my gray colleagues would not be able to succesfully extract those resources, beacause we would not be able to survive on the planet, and also because we are weak, physically.

What do we do? We manipulate our genetic makeup and create a type of "slave race" that would do our bidding, and our labor. We probably would take advantage of life forms existing in the planet or we probably use lifeforms found on other planets, whether they wer living under similar conditions or not.

In order to preserve that this slave race continues to do what it's purpose is, we instruct the slaves on becoming "civilized" to a certain extent. In order to control, we must create some type of fictional reality and belief system for them like religion and such. We must also enstate fear, because fear is crucial to control.

So yes, it could be that extraterrestrials might have sparked life, at least human life on earth.

Suicide Virus,

Take a look at this article. The new revolution of human evolution. This finding makes me wonder why is it that hominids suddenly acquired cognitive abilities. Maybe when extraterrestrials manipulated DNA?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
to the OP follow your heart and intuition

IMO the bible has many accurate lessons/stories but is manipulated to a high degree

some people need a god as a source of *stength* for there belief systems

for others like myself i think GOD was really GODS and that when the ancient sumerians inhabited there extra-terrestrials they logicall saw them as GODS

creation is so great and complex and the creation force and life force is amazing look if i gave you a car and then in another room i gave you all the pieces that made up the car (imagine them all laying there all the pieces and nuts and bolts) you would say that is so complex who could ever build such a thing

creation is like that so amazing , life on this planet evolved very selectively and slowly producing over millions of years very complex changes combined IMO with life from other Planets (which may well be OLDER than ours) so logically life advanced more there, eventually came to our planet and used on US, the same scientific breakthoughs we have today (genetic engineering)

keep searaching for the answers and everyone else keep searching for strength WITHIN yourselves ( if you are hesitant due to dogmas) find a way to *creatively* choose a word that allows you to maintain the god strength of your belief system but give yourself the option of adding and transforming that with a word like CREATION force of light that is all encompassing all knowing) just an option and you can transform and then slowly add this beleif overtime at your own pace (which is the only way a transformation like this can go)

peace

[edit on 2-6-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 2-6-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The notion that aliens created humans is along the lines of intelligent design. That has extremely limited evidence of its truthfullness. I believe that life occured naturally, but other forms of life have been in existance or have visited our planet for many thousands of years.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Did exterrestrials spark life on earth?

Probably. But then .. who sparked the life of the ETs on THEIR planet?
(and so on .. and so on ... ) At some point there was an initial creator. - IMHO

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

seen too much evidence that suggests we haven't been alone here on earth for ages...carvings in ancient egypitan tombs, vimanas in India...renaissance paintings depicting strange objects in the sky...how is it logicaly possible for this "hoax" to last thousands of years?...we are definatly not alone and haven't been for a very long time...Say an archaic group of ETs came to earth ~200,000 years ago...alien race would observe/study earth and its inhabitants...Realizing evolution...produced spectacular organisims and a plethera of diverse life....saw the monkey's and ape's of this world and thought they held promise to become something more...abduct one special ape and implant a DNA/Gene mutator of some kind...had the effect they wanted and decided to "help" the rest...evolve quicker than the rest...Over time special apes became modern humans....another logical hypothesis. "Seeder" ETs came here before life on earth billions of years ago and jumpstarted this planet... question that plauged me, why are typical aliens bipedal and look mostly like us? If...solved we will have our answer to genesis of life on earth. Are there really aliens out there...and if so what plans to they have for us? Do they want humans to join the intergalatic community, or do they just want something to rule over?

Why are human evolution and the origin of life inextricably linked in your mind? I don't see the connection. In fact, I anticipate that within the next year a viable model depicting the origin of life will be presented to the scientific community firmly putting to bed such nonsense of a creator/designer/deity! Of course no model is plausible unless it can occur spontaneously under natural environmental conditions so don't even bother trying to tell me that just because a scientist observed, documented and analyzed the process, that makes her a designer/creator somehow.

Sorry but humans are most definitely a product of natural evolution. It's little wonder how little sense anatomical changes observed in the fossil records make in the context of a tree-top to savannah change in lifestyle. There is a rather lengthy collection of characteristics indicating a semi-aquatic transition in our past such as the loss of hair (consider where we kept it!), upright mobility, reflexive breath-holding in infants (not to mention how our youngest infants respond in the water), the shrinking digits on our feet (fingers--> toes; what do they look like?), etc. In this case, politics is causing scientists to shoot themselves in the foot. Right concept (evolution), wrong process (ignores selection pressure on changes in morphology; a central tenet in evolution). No wonder some are having a hard time understanding it!

Why would spending so much time in the water make us so intelligent? Consider the phrase, "You are what you eat." Eating mollusks for example would stimulate the exploitation and shaping of rocks for smashing, splitting, spearing (fish), etc. Seafood is loaded with nutrients like Omega-3-fatty acids; brain food! Anyone who's ever had to eat a lot of shellfish can appreciate the oral dexterity required for eating certain items... In the context of a strictly land-bound evolution, human morphology is counterintuitive-- until you add water! Would you put baby's cradle in a tree or out on the predator-laden savannah? Not if you wanted to see them grow up you wouldn't! The brain needs protein to grow and subsisting off of vegetation and rare scavenging isn't enough either!

Finally, I do admit to having suspicions about the accuracy of civilized history. I have not yet drawn any conclusions definitively but any hypotheses I construct regarding this topic will be steeped in science only; no religion, fables, myths or prophesies.
They are untestable distractions and my credibility requires reproducibility.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join