It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zooming Dr Steven Greer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
HEY, This is my very first post here. Whole reason I have joined up is , in researching about Dr Greer and the DP, I camne across some really interesting threads here-------------------though short posts
...........my ones can go on a bit

i KNOW there are LOADS of threads about Dr Greer, but I couldn't find any really recent, and I wanna be recent

And can we stick with it, and keep keepin on goin so as to get to the bottom of it?

I am flexible. I am aware of being challenged and being open to being challenged and trying not to become a fundy about anything. it can be disturbing, but it has to be done. I am a real Xplorer

OK---------What do you make of Dr Steven Greer. For the last few weeks I have been singing his praises at various forums dedicated to 9/11 Truth. And my mission had been to try and encourage the coming togther of 9/11 Truth and DP. Ie., seeing DP as being going to the bones of the problem, because it implies radical suppressed technology, and a big part of 9/11 is about oil

But this latest video I have seen of Greer 'UFO Disclosure Project - Dr Steven Greer - Hidden Truth Forbidden Knowledge, has him seeming like some kinda New Age guru, and I aint mad on the New Age. So much of it is Bull#e, and patriarchal, and racist. Obsessed with 'purity' and 'positive thinking'.

I aint even seen the video to the end yet, but am making notes as it goes.

IF Greer sees this subject as THE most important issue EVER, and the 'whole cosmos is watching'---------------hmmm buit cheesy that. HOW COME he is charging massive charges for his seminars and expeditions and making people sign NON disclosure pledges?? It don't make sense.

I dont want to write a book, so i will leave it there for now. Please join in

[edit on 5/31/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoomein

i KNOW there are LOADS of threads about Dr Greer, but I couldn't find any really recent, and I wanna be recent

There are SEVERAL recent threads. Just go in a couple of pages and you'll find them. And please DO gmake an effort to go find them and read them, before starting this all over again.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hello and welcome zoomein,

And can we stick with it, and keep keepin on goin so as to get to the bottom of it?

Well, not really. A lot of Greer's claims are backed up by witnesses and documents and evidence - but unfortunately many are not. So it seems there are many people who are waiting on Greer to provide more evidence before they will really get behind him and TDP - which is tragic IMO as some of these issues are extremely urgent.

But this latest video I have seen of Greer 'UFO Disclosure Project - Dr Steven Greer - Hidden Truth Forbidden Knowledge, has him seeming like some kinda New Age guru, and I aint mad on the New Age. So much of it is Bull#e, and patriarchal, and racist. Obsessed with 'purity' and 'positive thinking'.

Well, 'New Age' is a very loaded term, just like 'Cult'. Unfortunately many people have that sort of programmed, conditioned response where as soon as someone mentions things like meditation or consciousness or telepathy, they completely dismiss it as "New Age Nonsense" without even making any kind of effort at investigation or exploration. (Which is ironic because these concepts have been around for thousands of years, they are hardly "New"!)

I don't think that Dr. Greer is trying to be a "New Age Guru"; I think he is merely trying to prepare people for not only the technological, but also the cosmological and spiritual paradigms that contact with ETs will inevitably introduce.

For example, if we were to discover that ETs are very familiar with things like telepathy and remote viewing and telekinesis, and they have actually figured out the science of how those things work, and they even have technologies that interface directly with consciousness and enhance those abilities.... is that "New Age Spirituality", or is it Science? Or both?

You see, there will come a point where Science and Spirituality merge. The Science of spiritual experiences and abilities will be discovered, and technologies will be developed that are very Spiritual in nature. We are not there yet, but we will get there eventually....

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If he had anything worth anything, there are only two possibilities.

A) He has nothing

B) Men in Black said no, you can't

The UFO situation is so much bigger than people realize or can comprehend. You're dealing with limitless technology, time travelers, etc. They were here millions of years ago.

Disclosure will happen not from "us", but from them, and not until they are ready.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It is interesting..............I believe he is part of the Bahai religion, and I checked it out--at wikipedia. It believes in a 'God' and 'manifestations of God', like 'Jesus' 'Abraham' Buddha' etc etc, and that it also preaches about a one world government!!!

So it is like he is pushing his religion onto the UFO phenomena. He just comes out with things too.
In that video I gave the title of abover he is saying that when he was younger he was meditating 6 to 8 hours a day.............? OMG
And says he levitated 3 feet and moved some few yards. Are we supposed to BELIEVE this cause he says it? Are we that gullible? And how do these statments affect other stuff he claims?

I have seen TM people claim to 'levitate' and what they do is kind of bounce offa their lotus positions on a big bouncy mattress. They also harp on that focussed meditation gonna change the world. Errr sorry I cannot see the evidence!!

Thing is with this stuff, if your honest, you can feel a need to WANT to believe. You are aware what a pile of # everything is, and need HOPE. SO it is easy to be seduced by unsubstantiated BS.

But I want this thread to really fearlessly explore where others may have trailed off

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
IMO, Greer was a sane person some years ago, until he was 'flashed' by MIBs.

Now is a good time to ask for disclosure on disclosure project itself. What are their intentions?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
IMO, Greer was a sane person some years ago, until he was 'flashed' by MIBs.

Now is a good time to ask for disclosure on disclosure project itself. What are their intentions?

Can you reind us what MIBs are?

And YES, really good what you say "a good time for disclosure on disclosure project itself. what are their intentions?

So, can I be bold---being a newbie here and everything. But encourage this happening here, in the thread? To stick with it here and really analyze what is going on with it?
All I ask is noone underestimates me, us. As though we are 'little people' who have to wait around for errrm 'big people' to do this. Can we start really exploring the DP here? from every angle, including Greer's favourite mythology. I have looked at mythology, so I can see where he is coming from with that, regarding his Bahiai belief system and Eastern Advaita vedanta flava

You see thing is. OK, the disclosure project website is SO inaccessable. there is no forum, and really in this interactive time now, what with places like Youtube and so on it is VERY passively retro!! Passive in that we, the people, cannot interact WITh DP.....!! And that aint cool. Because we are told by Dr Greer that this problem we are in, which is O U R problem, is SO important that the "cosmos is watching". YET we cannot even get to discuss about it on his precious disclosure website. Wassup??

The other day I eventually thought I would ask the info person there, Debbie a question I had been dying to inquire about for quite a while. I had noticed for example that some Crop Circles designs are very Illuminati looking. Ie., the symbolism is freakily like the symbols you see Jordon Maxwell and co presenting as Illuminati symbolism. And I wanted to inquire HOW Greer can tell the difference? Of COURSE one cannot get an audience with Greer EVER, so I had to rely on his info Dept., and I got this one sentence reply saying 'They are so good now, it is hard to tell the difference' JUSt that!! I mean what a lack of effort! It just seems so half arsed. What with no user interface as it is

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It is interesting..............I believe he is part of the Bahai religion, and I checked it out--at wikipedia. It believes in a 'God' and 'manifestations of God', like 'Jesus' 'Abraham' Buddha' etc etc, and that it also preaches about a one world government!!!

So it is like he is pushing his religion onto the UFO phenomena.

Yes he did start out in Bahai. But he has also talked about people being "screwed up by conventional religiosity".

The concept of "One"-ness is more important here than any religious dogma IMO. Essentially, all matter, energy, space, time, life, and consciousness, are all One - are all totally interconnected, are all different facets and manifestations of the One being (God), the One Mind.

And, according to Greer, this is not just a mystical or spiritual concept, but something that also has a scientific basis where you can eventually work out the physics of it and actually develop technologies that make use of that Oneness. So eventually, Science and Spirituality will merge and there will be no need for "religion" at all! Because that Oneness or "cosmic consciousness" is something that everyone will be able to experience and know for themselves....

In that video I gave the title of abover he is saying that when he was younger he was meditating 6 to 8 hours a day.............? OMG
And says he levitated 3 feet and moved some few yards. Are we supposed to BELIEVE this cause he says it? Are we that gullible? And how do these statments affect other stuff he claims?

Well, again, that's something that's been reported for thousands of years, not just the current era - but of course most people don't have 6-8 hours a day to spend on meditating in order to do it!

Should we believe it just because he says it? No. And actually, I wish he would keep quiet about things like that, even if it did really happen to him, because there are much larger and more urgent issues that people should be focusing on, like NWO and the suppression of technology, and the weaponization of space and wilful targeting of ET spacecrafts, etc. And talking about levitating is only going to turn people off, at least for now.

Thing is with this stuff, if your honest, you can feel a need to WANT to believe. You are aware what a pile of sh-- everything is, and need HOPE. SO it is easy to be seduced by unsubstantiated BS.

You are right in that the world desperately needs some hope right about now!

And that is something I like about Greer. While many others are preaching the xenophobic and militaristic scenario of the "evil aliens" out to get us, Greer is the one guy talking about a peaceful and positive future for Earth, in harmony with the ETs and the rest of the galaxy, and how we can get there!

Of course, you can spin such a thing as Greer "seducing" gullible people who "want to believe and need hope". And indeed there are those on here who like to portray him as a Cult leader and so on. But, by those criteria, ANY great teacher/leader who inspires and teaches a message of hope could be considered a Cult leader!

[edit on 25-5-2007 by millerman]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
When Greer started the Disclusure Project out, it seemed pretty good. Alot of his witnesses (not all) were sound and legit, and the original goal was to get congress to subpeona willing witnesses who would not otherwise testify due to security oaths.

However, Greer has long gone off the rails of the crazy train, and has turned into another feel good new age nut who has ignored or rejected alot of UFO evidence and cases because they do not bolster his feel good attitude that aliens are benevolent beings here to save us from ourselves. I no longer consider him a serious figure in legit Ufology. Its a shame too, because it really has turned what used to be a promising disclosure project into another contactee convention.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I enjoy reading the stuff Greer has to say. Most of it sounds logical,
and provokes thinking deeper into the subject.

Do I believe everything he says ? No. Without proof, statements just fall
flat for me. Others might believe him, wholly. That's their right.

I just find him interesting.

To ask a question of another poster :

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt

The UFO situation is so much bigger than people realize or can comprehend. You're dealing with limitless technology, time travelers, etc. They were here millions of years ago.

Disclosure will happen not from "us", but from them, and not until they are ready.

How do you know this, and can you provide proof of your statements ?

"Because I just know" doesn't really cut it with me.

I, and our dear readers (I'd think) would really like to figure out how some
people seem privy to such information.

Thanks in advance,
Lex

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Another Greer thread? Do we really need it?

Greer is a Cult Leader who fakes experiences to dupe his Cultists.

Greer has posted pictures of moths on his website and claimed that they were alien energy beings. This is PROOF of how fake he and his Cult are.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
When Greer started the Disclusure Project out, it seemed pretty good. Alot of his witnesses (not all) were sound and legit, and the original goal was to get congress to subpeona willing witnesses who would not otherwise testify due to security oaths.

However, Greer has long gone off the rails of the crazy train, and has turned into another feel good new age nut who has ignored or rejected alot of UFO evidence and cases because they do not bolster his feel good attitude that aliens are benevolent beings here to save us from ourselves. I no longer consider him a serious figure in legit Ufology. Its a shame too, because it really has turned what used to be a promising disclosure project into another contactee convention.

This is a common view.

It's unfortunate that Greer is so closely associated with the process of Disclosure, that when many people give up on Greer - they give up on Disclosure! When what is needed is the exact opposite, is thousands of people working together on it....

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Greer is a Cult Leader who fakes experiences to dupe his Cultists.

Where are all the people he has conned? Like taken out to the desert only to vector NO UFOs but only look at moths and insects? Where are all his "victims"? Have you ever found one?

In my years of researching this and watching this site, I've never seen such a person - only people who claim to have been on these expeditions and seen UFOs.

And then there's Greer proudly declaring in his interviews that there are now thousands of people around the world doing this, being Ambassadors of Earth so to speak and initiating peaceful contact with ETs.

And making absolutely no other effort to prove himself, as if he already has..........

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by millerman
Where are all the people he has conned?

Leader Greer tried to con me when he put moth pictures on his website, claiming them to be real alien energy anchor beings.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by millerman
Where are all the people he has conned?

Leader Greer tried to con me when he put moth pictures on his website, claiming them to be real alien energy anchor beings.

So, like always, you are unable to answer my question.

Since CSETI has been operative for over 15 years, where are all the hundreds or thousands of "victims" who have been out on these expeditions and saw NO UFOs? Why can't you find them and produce some compelling evidence of them?

If you can't answer my question, that would seem to indicate that you are wrong about Greer conning people.........

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think Greer got his idea from the Simpsons. It'll take more than the promise of hoverbikes to repair the damage he is doing to people!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by orthisguyoverhere
I think Greer got his idea from the Simpsons. It'll take more than the promise of hoverbikes to repair the damage he is doing to people!

Kang and Kodos have more credibility than Leader Greer and his Cult.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by orthisguyoverhere

Where are the people who have been "damaged" by Greer? Can you provide some compelling evidence of some? Or if you just mean the people that actively follow the progress of CSETI and TDP and SEAS - how are we "damaged"?

Kang and Kodos have more credibility than Leader Greer and his Cult.

It's funny that the chief Greer-hater of them all, can't seem to provide any compelling evidence of Greer's actual "victims"!

Clearly you have an agenda to spew Greer-hatred in every single Greer thread - even if you can't answer my questions or provide evidence....

Where are all the hundreds of people who have been out on these expeditions and saw absolutely no UFOs? Why does Greer make absolutely no effort to prove himself, as if he has already been proving himself for over 15 years.....?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I aint mad on the New Age. So much of it is Bull#e, and patriarchal, and racist. Obsessed with 'purity' and 'positive thinking'.

I would like to address this comment.

First one must understand what positive thinking truly means. First of all it has nothing to do with anything anarchal. Secondly when one fully utalizes positive thinking to a complete degree, that one is being pure, clean of negative thoughts and actions, hence positive thinking.
The closest example I can think of right now would be a buddhist monk.

And last but not least when we talk about 'purity' and 'positive thinking' we are extending into our very being and utalizing our soul which is pure and also has no race differentials. One day we will all be able to except this as reality and put it into practical use. Then truly we will have evolved as a whole(all races) species.

Thank you and truth be with you.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

OK---------What do you make of Dr Steven Greer. For the last few weeks I have been singing his praises at various forums dedicated to 9/11 Truth. And my mission had been to try and encourage the coming togther of 9/11 Truth and DP.

And what do they have to do with one another ? No offence and glad your here but that's the biggest gap ive ever seen in two subjects . Again ,
glad your here !

[edit: fixed quote tags]

[edit on 26-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join