It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION: ATS Bloggers!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Excellent news!! I've been over at Blogger.com and, well, let's just say it 'ain't no ATS!'...

Can't wait for the new blogging system to come on-line!!

Thankyou for putting in the time and effort to get the blogs back up and running!! If you are looking for volunteers to test the new system, let me know. I would love to help out.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There is one good thing about blogger.com though and I dont know if it is available here on ATS blogs or not so maybe a MOD can tell me.

Can you point a domain name to the ATS blog that you have? If the answer to that is yes well then ATS blogs is the best ever!!!

It's still a great blogging system though. Being able to name catagories for your posts to go into is awsome! Blogger.com can't do that and I really miss that.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
OK, this is a good time to ask a question or three about blogs. I gather that a purchase must be made at the store, right?

Also, is there a tutorial somewhere on ATS that will instruct a person in the fine art of actually getting it up and running?

And from reading this thread, I have gathered that there are ways to generate filthy lucre with a blog. Is this covered in the instructions that I haven't found?

And if there is some $$$ to be made, how does one "send" readers to that blog?

I realize these questions aren't exactly on the topic of the new system, but I'm ready to start, when things are in place, and now would be a good time to read the "how to" fine print in this area.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

the old system cost 1000 ATS points. you then applied to google adsense and put banners and whatnot on your blog and you stood to make money. I made a total of 3 bucks and they won't send money out unless you go over a certain amount. the blogs got all screwy and that was the end of that.

there was a stellar tutorial on setting up the blogs as well as using the adsense advertising models. I think it was z to the three (Zeddicus) who put the tutorials up. Umbrax might have had the adsense one up. Both were good enough that I had a blog with adsense running and I am about as techno dumb as they come.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks C, for the input. I will do a search for 'tutorial' and the names in a few minutes.

I had to laugh about the three bucks profit.
That sounds about like my future at it. I wasn't counting on more than bragging rights to the wife when she says "You sure waste a lot of time on the computer", I could answer with "Yes, but sometimes I make money doing that".

Oh well.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What?! The blogs might come back?! If that's not proof that there is a God, then I don't know proof.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Any updates? Been a loooong two weeks without any word on the status of the ATS blogs.

Still looking forward to them coming back....

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Zed's been working hard on this and we are hoping to see something soon, very soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've been thinking about creating a blog, but I've realized that the page (blog.abovetopsecret.com...) is corrupt.

Any updates/news?

I also have another question, does anybody read the blogs at all? Should I create one or no?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I point folks at blogs that are....... not entirely junk. My favs are at NASA. I enjoy some here. The "fire and desire" for blogs and pods seems to have a base of embers. Is the fire goin' out? Is the "fresh" factor worn off? Last one out turn off the lights... save energy.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Any updates/news?

No news yet that I am aware of. I would be pretty sure that any news regarding when will the blogs come 'back on-line' will be posted in this thread or maybe a U2U blast to all active members.

Originally posted by TheoOne
I also have another question, does anybody read the blogs at all? Should I create one or no?

I would say yes, quite a few folks read the blogs - in fact, when the blogs were up and running, there was quite a little 'blogger' community going on. And if you take the initiative and get your blog listed in some of the list sites, such as technorati, you might very well have traffic from outside ATS.

Should you create a blog? I would say yes - give it a try.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
three people read mine. Wait, 2 not counting me.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I see Zed is the one who's working on blog issues.

I guess I will give it a try once it gets up and running perfectly.

Thanks for the replies.

Hope it won't be too long to wait.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I forgot how to log into my blog.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
…quite a few folks read the blogs - in fact, when the blogs were up and running, there was quite a little 'blogger' community going on…

Stop DC. You’re getting me all nostalgic... But those were fun times indeed... (And all for the price of a PSP... [/sarcasm]
) Wow. It's been down for over 5 months. And it's been almost two years since the blogs (r)evolution.

Originally posted by DCFusion
Should you create a blog? I would say yes - give it a try.

I'll second that... Even if nobody reads it, it's a great way to express yourself. You know just get the creative juices flowing...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It's been down for over 5 months?

Doesn't sound like it will be all fixed anytime soon...

[edit on 18-10-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I forgot how to log into my blog.

I'd be willing to bet that everyone has!!

Originally posted by Gemwolf
But those were fun times indeed...

Yep, they sure were. Once the new blogging system is up and running hopefully there will be another great blogging community...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Fellow bloggers unite!!! I must admit I miss our little get togethers. Indeed, those were the days. I actually tried moving my blog to Blogger, but it just didn't have the same heart and soul.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see our core little community is still intact.
I can hardly wait to get up and running again!!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Any news?

If the blog thing won't be fixed anytime soon, then perhaps consider it removed and shut down, then...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Please be patient Theo. I'm pretty sure that after the Revolution begins, the blogs will come back in full force. We just need to give them time to get all of this new stuff organized. Patience is a virtue.

See ya during the 5th celebration!!

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join