It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicist Says: Scientific Proof That God Does Exist!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
According to this physicist there is scientific proof that God does exist. no real proof is shown on the clip but his comments are cover on this news clip.

But now a physicist from New Orleans says he has definitive scientific proof that God does exist.

Frank Tipler, Ph.D., is a professor of math and physics at Tulane University. He says he can prove that god is real. "It's coming out not of paleontology or religious mysticism but that of hard-nosed physics, which is what I like."

cbs11tv.com...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
OK...too lazy to watch the clip, but based on what Tipler has said in the past, God or a Godlike being is highly probable. Think about it-the ultimate way to encourage good behavior is to CREATE heaven and hell. Highly advanced civilizations with access to other planes of reality would be able to do this and probably have.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Quantum mechanics is based on probabilities. How is that "hard nosed physics?" The universe operates on a system of dialectics, and quantum mechanics. Physicists have used this form of mathematics to "prove" everything from parallel universes, to string theory, to the extreme abscence of god. Not to mention that einstein's general THEORY of relativity operates on the assumption that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Quantum singularities have already been theorized, by black holes and the big bang theory. This guy just claims that quantum singualrities prove that god exists. Sounds like a christian physicist to me. You can claim that your theory proves anything you want. But until it is substantiated by universal proof you are left with nothing but a theory. Sorry but this proves nothing.

I am a believer in god myself. I believe that it is manifest in wave mechanics, and that which we can not visibly see, but whose effects we can observe. Those who believe need no other proof than the world around them, and the faith that keep them going day after day. I am not religious, but I am spiritual. I am also a metalurgy major, which required three levels of physics to complete, including modern physics. And a year of physical chemistry. That much calculus usually makes people hate god, or turn into atheists.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think everyone needs to read Frank Tiplers' "Physics of Immortality" before they start jumping up and down about this. He equates God with a mathematical equation basically.

While, yes, he does believe in God, it's probably not in the same manner that I or many other spiritual people believe in God.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
well, where is the scientific paper and subsequent scrutiny? i'm no physicist, but i could look over it and give me a few years and i'll understand it.

also, this guy is going from theoretical physics, where something takes decades to develop properly. just look at the hawking paradox, that's still unresolved and it actually has papers that take an experienced physcist months to decipher. if this was real physics why isn't this a bigger concept?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
After a post I made I see a lot of this peer review stuff or nothing holds any weight.
well a lot of what is known as good theory is bogus.
it takes time to see this...
God or Mother Nature is talking...and the theorist are not there.
So this peer review process is only so good.
paradigms take almost 40 years to get into the public consciousness even with peer review

boyd bushman of lockheed martin says it best

I believe Mother Nature does not speak English.
Mother Nature tells us what must be honored, and has been talking to us on many domains, and we have dataset's we're still trying to understand. I cannot talk to all the theoretician's because there are no theories were I am. What we have is wonderful, and it comes from miracles occurring, but that what we see will not be that what we have. To listen where languages are not taught and verbalization is not used.
But we have to learn its language

I tell my team, don't talk to me about things, you know, they have all that in production. Talk to me about things that we can only think of in dreams
We are alone in our walk but it is fullfilling.

The evidence of the separation of the galaxies is evidence of dark energy and antigravity.

Two equal weights. One made up of two North Pole magnets that oppose each other. Iron filing tests show that this showers out a magnetic plane. We wanted to see how this magnetic plane intersected with gravity. When dropped from a height, the duel North Pole magnet will land last.
They have refined, a device that as it charges will lift, because it is losing weight.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yeah...and we should listen to Physicists?

All they know how to do is come up with Scientific equations for things we hardly care for. Thats why Science and Religions can never co-exist.

They can't even come up with a formula to cure a common cold, how can hey prove God doesnt exist?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
physics prove god exists?

well i guess now I HAVE to believe

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If any of you want to examine REAL evidence for the existence of a universal mathematical paradigm that embodies the nature of God as described in the sacred geometries of three world religions:
Judaism-Kabbalah
Taoism-I Ching
Hinduism-Sri Yantra
visit
smphillips.8m.com...
and study the 42 research papers (PDF) listed there. Dr Phillips has discovered how ancient mystical traditions 'contain' the same mathematical structures as that displayed in superstring theory. Moreover, their geometrical representations provide information about truly holistic systems. This is because they are different cultural realisations of a profound mystical insight into the nature of reality as the manifestation of Divine Ideas. Article 40 provides all the connections between these geometries but, in view of this body of work being a series of continuous developments, it is advisable to begin study with the early papers.

You will find that they provide astounding evidence of the existence of a universal blueprint that is common to different esoteric traditions separated in origin by thousands of miles and years and which reveals the Divine Mind in all its beauty and perfection.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Why would one need to rely on complex calculations of physics, in order to see the self-evidence of the Intelligent(Kabbalists take note) Principle(s) that guide and direct the interdependent nature of all phenomena?

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Greetings micpsi

Indeed, the contemporary materialistic cynical-skeptic "scientist", is converting this planet into a living hell, so to speak.

The Great Rebellion

...Among people there is great indifference. This is the coldness of that, which has no importance, of that which is superficial.

The masses believe things of no importance to be important. They suppose that the latest fashion, the newest model car or the question of basic salary is the only serious matter.

They call “serious” the daily newspaper, a love affair, a sedentary life, a glass of alcohol, horse racing, bull fighting, car racing, gossip, slander, etc.

Obviously, when the modern human beings hear anything about esoterism, they respond with terrible coldness, or they simply sneer, shrug their shoulders and indifferently turn away. This is because it is not in their plans, it is not of interest within their social circles, nor is it sexually titillating enough.

This psychological apathy, this frightening coldness is based on two things: first, the most tremendous ignorance; second, the absolute absence of spiritual inquietudes.

...When a human race loses all interest in Solar ideas, the Sun destroys it, because it serves no purpose in its experiment.

Since this present race has become unbearably lunar, terribly superficial and mechanical, it serves no further purpose for the Solar experiment: more than enough reason for its destruction.

In order for there to be continuous spiritual disquietude, it is necessary to transfer the Magnetic Center of Gravity to the Essence, to the Consciousness.

Unfortunately, people hold their Magnetic Center of Gravity within the personality, in the cafe, in the canteen, in banking transactions, in brothels or the marketplace, etc.

Obviously, all these belong to the personality, and the corresponding Magnetic Center attracts these things. This is incontrovertible, and anyone with any common sense can verify it directly for him or herself.

Regrettably, reading all of this, the scoundrels of intellect, accustomed as they are to constant argument or to remain silent with intolerable pride, prefer to throw away this book with scorn and read the newspaper.

A few sips of good coffee and the daily paper are splendid nourishment for rational mammals.

Nevertheless, they feel that they are very serious.

Undoubtedly, their own pseudo-knowledge has deluded them, and the Solar matters written about in this insolent book offend them greatly.

There is no doubt that the bohemian eyes of the homunculi of reasoning will not dare to continue with the study of this book

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A link to some excellent quotes on Supreme Mathematics, or Pythagorean Mathematics:

Link:

"The student that wants to elevate himself to the world of Intuition must be a Mathematician, or at least have notions of Arithmetic..."

"...No one was admitted into the school of Pythagoras if they were not knowledgeable about mathematics, music, etc."

All the world's greatest Mathematicians were very Religious/Spiritual.

Because the Grand Architect of the Universe is the Supreme Mathematician.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
Not to mention that einstein's general THEORY of relativity operates on the assumption that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.

"The last treatise of physics that expresses the most profound sort of scientific religious thought has never been written in any corner of the universe, and if, perchance, Einstein would reincarnate in some galaxy of antimatter, he would have to astonishingly recognize that he is an ignoramus!"

See also the following ATS thread:

Newton, Hawkings, Einstein

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Why would one need to rely on complex calculations of physics, in order to see the self-evidence of the Intelligent(Kabbalists take note) Principle(s) that guide and direct the interdependent nature of all phenomena?

because those arguments (especially as made famous by ray comfort and kirk cameron) are absolutely empty. nothing about this universe has some sort of self-evident intelligence behind it.

All the world's greatest Mathematicians were very Religious/Spiritual.

Because the Grand Architect of the Universe is the Supreme Mathematician.

or it could be that they were indoctrinated by a system of belief without a real intellectually fulfilling alternative because they lived before darwin.

[edit on 5/26/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Comparing(by implication) Darwin to the Immortal Pythagoras, one of the Greatest Masters the West ever saw?

Please, show more respect.

No contemporary profane "scientist" can even hold a candle to Pythagoras.

Nor can he hold a candle to any other authentic Initiate of Occult Science.

Einstein, although not an Adept, lived after Darwin; and he saw the self-evidence of the Divine Intelligence.

Please see the links in this thread: Newton, Hawkings, Einstein

If there were no Divine Intelligence(Neter/Nature) that directs and guides all of Nature(Neter), we wouldn't even be able to sit here and have this discussion.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Comparing(by implication) Darwin to the Immortal Pythagoras, one of the Greatest Masters the West ever saw?

actually... pythagoras didn't necessarily come up with everything he's credited for. much of it is more readily attributed to the pythagorians, his almost cult-like followers.

Please, show more respect.

you should too... darwin figured out the greatest riddle in biology.

No contemporary profane "scientist" can even hold a candle to Pythagoras.

einstein. he hasn't been gone for even 50 years.

Nor can he hold a candle to any other authentic Initiate of Occult Science.

that's an oxymoron. the occult is something that is inherently unscientific.

Einstein, although not an Adept, lived after Darwin; and he saw the self-evidence of the Divine Intelligence.

no, he didn't. why do i have to keep quoting this?
straight from the mouth of einstein:

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

emphasis added.

Please see the links in this thread: Newton, Hawkings, Einstein

alright, einstein studied things integral to jewish culture... because he didn't want to abandon it. it's called secular judaism. going through the religion for the cultural aspects.

If there were no Divine Intelligence(Neter/Nature) that directs and guides all of Nature(Neter), we wouldn't even be able to sit here and have this discussion.

can you prove that statement?
the laws of nature are just there
matter is just there
they work together by just being there
we don't need anything intelligent to make things happen.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
actually... pythagoras didn't necessarily come up with everything he's credited for. much of it is more readily attributed to the pythagorians, his almost cult-like followers.

I never said that he did.

I'm well aware that he was Initiated into the Sacred Mysteries of the Khemetians, Persian Magi, Samkhya Philosophers of India, etc.

can you prove that statement?
the laws of nature are just there
matter is just there
they work together by just being there

Prove the self-evident?

we don't need anything intelligent to make things happen.

Obviously not:

None-the-less, without the Supreme Intelligence that operates the interactions of the Neutrons, Protons, Electrons, the division of cells, beating of the Heart, etc.; the "intellectual animal mistakenly called Man" would not be able to perform any of his unconscious and self-destructive actions.

But, if he would learn how to tap into the Divine Intelligence and submit his mind to It, then perhaps he could become a real Man, instead of a mechanical "homunculi of reasoning".

Sorry, but your beloved vulgar "scientists" are the ones greatly responsible for things such as in those images.

They'll never be able to produce vulgar gold out of lead, as they are trying to do.

Only the Spiritual Gold of the Philosophers can save this race of humanoids, the latter of which has already failed miserably.

[edit on 26-5-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I never said that he did.

but you did say he was greater than darwin.

I'm well aware that he was Initiated into the Sacred Mysteries of the Khemetians, Persian Magi, Samkhya Philosophers of India, etc.

alright, but that means crap when it comes to science.

and i see you dropped my entire quote from einstein. nice job ignoring me when i catch you attempting to rewrite history.

Prove the self-evident?

nothing is self evident.

None-the-less, without the Supreme Intelligence that operates the interactions of the Neutrons, Protons, Electrons, the division of cells, beating of the Heart, etc.; the "intellectual animal mistakenly called Man" would not be able to perform any of his unconscious and self-destructive actions.

and again, that's a statement that fails the falsibility test

occam's razor cuts out the existence of the supreme intelligence. it's not REQUIRED for the universe to operate, it adds nothing to our understanding.

But, if he would learn how to tap into the Divine Intelligence and submit his mind to It, then perhaps he could become a real Man, instead of a mechanical "homunculi of reasoning".

Sorry, but your beloved vulgar "scientists" are the ones greatly responsible for things such as in those images.

alright, so science is responsible for bad things. whoop dee f'in doo.
science is like fire, it all depends on how it is used. fire can be a tool or a weapon.

They'll never be able to produce vulgar gold out of lead, as they are trying to do.

actually, those were the alchemists, the spiritually inclined scientists.

Only the Spiritual Gold of the Philosophers can save this race of humanoids, the latter of which has already failed miserably.

yes, because philosphy feeds starving children.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
More esoteric nonsense from Tamahu, I see.
Anyway first the sarcastic response:'Good Lord! A physicist says that God exists!? Now all we need is a biologist to say 'Evolution is wrong' and we'll be set.'

Also I'm going to bring up this little gem there is no proof (for God's existance). Ah well there goes the burden of evidence.

Originally posted by Judaz_Escariot
Yeah...and we should listen to Physicists?

Hmmm I don't know. Nuclear, gravity, space, motion, time etc theories just appeared out of nowhere, I guess. Ah well, if we can just say either 'Goddidit' or 'Devildidit' we really don't need to advance our understanding of the world.

All they know how to do is come up with Scientific equations for things we hardly care for. Thats why Science and Religions can never co-exist.

Well I do kinda care about mechanics, motion etc. Also I highly doubt that religion is 'something to care for'.

They can't even come up with a formula to cure a common cold, how can hey prove God doesnt exist?

Could it be that they aren't biologists?, and probably have little to no understanding of the structure of the aforementioned virus? It's like saying 'Man Geneticists are useless. I mean, they haven't even discovered perpetual motion'.

Also may I remind you that Pythagorus had one of his followers executed for mentioning a non-whole number?

Damn you scientists for polluting the globe/creating nuclear weapons!

Tamahu 'vulgar scientists' never intended to create pollution/have nuclear weapons used. What about advances in genetics? Or medicine? Or physics?
Tamahu, unless you want to continue to sound like a hypocrite I suggest you turn off the computer at this very moment, as the science behind it was probably created by evil, materialist, vulgar scientists.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
*Edit*

[edit on 27-5-2007 by Tamahu]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join