It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurovision Song Contest 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The winner of this year's Eurovision Song Contest is...

Serbia

This is the first time Serbia is participating, and they won. Ukraine came second and Russia got third. I didn't see the show this year. This song is not in my taste, but congrats to Serbia anyway. I bet they are celebrating in Serbia tonight. Next year's ESC will be held in Serbia.

BBC: Serbian ballad wins at Eurovision

Eurovision 2007 Serbia (Winner) - "Molitva"

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
aww i thought are UK entery was going to get better as its just so cheesy lol

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here are the previews of the songs from the semi-final, Friday (yesterday) - Lots of weird stuff...

Eurovision Song Contest 2007 Semi-final Preview

And here are the previews of the songs from the final (minus those who qualified from the semi-final)

Eurovision Song Contest 2007 Final Preview

To those unfamiliar with this contest: Some countries were automatically in the final, and didn't have to qualify in the semi-final.

[edit on 2007/5/12 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
None of Eurovision 2007 entrants seem to have captured the sheer audacity and attention that Lithuania garnered in last years competition.

Last year, Lithuania certainly grabbed more than their share of attention with their entry "We are the Winners of Eurovision".

The Lithuanian entry was certainly musically simplistic but given that LT United, the Lithuanian group, was an erzatz group composed of members of several top Lithuanian pop groups, their intent was risky but obvious. They wanted to put Lithuania on the map, musically speaking. In this effort, they certainly were successful. I think that most would be hard pressed to recall that Finland actually won (except for Hellmutt).

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
the eurovision is full of worthless music

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Years ago it wasn't so bad, but now it's horrific, complete
!

I used to work with a guy who was the head of the Bucks Fizz Fan Club, it wouldn't surprise me if he was on ATS somewhere.

Mind you he thought I looked like one of the boys from Westlife
One too many falls on ones head one thinks!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Serbian winner apparently made a salute which offended many Bosnians from the Yugoslavian civil war. She made this sign (three fingers) when Serbia received 12 points (top score) from Bosnia-Hercegovina. For some people, this sign is similar to a nazi salute. Others see it as an anti-muslim symbol. I wish they wouldn't make this contest so political, but I guess it's always been a political contest (more or less)...

Photo: NRK

Photo: Jean-Philippe Ksiazek/AFP

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Has no one noticed a trend that seems to be happening at the moment in the eurovision song contests-how poorly England are doing in the competition, makes me laugh really, just goes to show how popular England are in Europe these days. I am from England and am proud of it so not slating them at all.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that popular music in Europe is as corny and banal as it is in the States.

To me it looks like the Latin American countries are the only ones with any
soul and guts left.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
ESC 2008 - Belgrade, Serbia

The Eurovision Song Contest finale 2008 starts in 1 hour and 35 minutes from now.

top topics

join