It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to all Masons present

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystic_monk
Most of the "belly boys" in my area read on a 4th grade level so it's hard to imagine them effective as anything other than a barrier to the power hungry. One cannot deny the benefits of the craft and I appreciate their function as the guardians of our republic (Plato's Republic) At one time a man was proud to be a mason. Immoral characters were admitted and have caused the majority of moral men to exit leaving the blue lodge with its current roster of ill-reputes.

Well this is not the information given to me by the hundreds of American Masons i converse with, quite the contrary.

Like some of the other guys here I am a UK Mason. But being a very active member of a number of forums, US , Canadian, UK. I have to say that I have no concerns over the future of Masonry.

As the Brits say, the cream always rises to the top.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conquistador

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
Didnt ALbert Pike proclaim that Lucifer is God and the like and thats where alot of the anti masonic stuff comes from???? If you read the stuff Pike wrote, like that Lucifer is the grand archetect of the universe etc its pretty obvious people would think masons worship satan.

I would not be in such a hurry to believe everything written or accredited to Albert Pike. As the man is no longer living, I will only say this : He is and was not the fountain of all wisdom and truth re: Freemasonry. I personally believe at best he had a wicked sense of humour.

Well, I'd like to say a few things. First of all, as Masonic Light already indicated, the whole Pike / Lucifer thing was a hoax by Leo Taxil. Pike never said any such thing.

Secondly, you're right, no Mason has any kind of obligation to listen to anything Pike said. Pike himself said so.

Third, as an individual Mason, I think Pike was a genius. If one actually reads Morals and Dogma rather than skimming it with a highliter pen so that one can pick out scentence fragments which, when misinterpreted, one may disagree with, I think one will find it to be a brilliant work full of love of humanity and God. For his (very few) faults, Pike was an amazing man, a man of tolerance during a time of intolerance (I believe he was the first white honourary native chief in North America) and I think that many Masons would benefit a great deal by studying his work.

If I sound snippy, by the way, I'm sorry. I'm very very tired of Masons slagging Bro. Pike because they can't think of a better way to counter the stupid Taxil hoax argument.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i think M&D is a pretty good book as well; i am a little surprised as to why so many allusions are made to the ancient land of KMT, and not directy stated frankly as so many other civ.'s are; but i assume there is much to be stated in silence of the tongue.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

Pupp taken from your website.

I cant make out if your an anti semite , or your anti anti semite.

Maybe you could clear taht up please.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Greetings all,

I've been tardy with this thread, and have neglected to follow what I started!

I've just read through all the posts from start to finish, and just want to extend a hearty thank you too all the brothers (and one or two worshipful brothers!) who aided in correcting a few things.

Fiat Lux indeed!

B

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Use the ATS Search button to find more topics from throughout 2003 and before.

Many people take the words of Albert Pike and Manly Hall as some Masonic gospel.

ATS is not necessarily the forum to defend or promote Freemasonry. There are many self-appointed conspiracy theorists who lap up without discernment. There are also many people with an in-built curiosity who seek ready and easy answers to unanswerable questions. They have only one path to the answers, but most will not embark on it. No sad loss is it?

I had a great argument with Ma-Ha-Bone about Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma WAY back...probably before most of you were even here
Hell before my first banning

If you dig that up you'll see some good stuff

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
hi to all too,
well im a new member to in this most respected
online discussion forum for alternative and conspiracy topics
and i find some if not all of what some has written about freemasonry are impulsive and has no relation to the real truth what so ever and im from lebanon the land where free masons begun or originated in tyr "south of lebanon" the land of the kan'aanites" from which our M:. originated...
and i find all of what is written is shamefull and truthless
thank u very much for letting me give out my opinion
and by the way no mason can ever give out any secret even if he is out of the freemasonry organization
your brother alex

[edited quote -nygdan]

[edit on 22-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingSolomonThey're doing a one day ritual this summer down in San Diego. You could get all three in a Saturday.

Don't do it. I've yet to meet one brother who came in through a 1-day class that didn't regret it.

Anything worth having is worth waiting -- and WORKING -- for. Things achieved quickly and easily are rarely appreciated.

My free advice is GUARANTEED to be worth at least 100x what you paid for it!

DD

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystic_monk
Most of the "belly boys" in my area read on a 4th grade level so it's hard to imagine them effective as anything other than a barrier to the power hungry. One cannot deny the benefits of the craft and I appreciate their function as the guardians of our republic (Plato's Republic) At one time a man was proud to be a mason. Immoral characters were admitted and have caused the majority of moral men to exit leaving the blue lodge with its current roster of ill-reputes.

I have found that the Great majority of the men I met in the lodge were highly moral, much more so than those I know outside of the lodge. Also, all of the Masons I have know were very proud of being a Mason, myself include. So, I asumme that you are either trying to arouse anger or you are very much misinformed.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by lost in the midwest]

[edit on 15-11-2005 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Pupp
Why are you so full of hate for your fellow man that you would show a picture of Hitler and say a mason would be proud of him?

Hitler killed masons as well as Jews. That is a know fact. Hitler was a conspiracy theoretic against masonry.

So why are you so full of hate towards masonry? Is it that you would not be accepted into a lodge by the very hatred you expose?

Cug

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
pssssssssss the posts you're responding to are over a year old.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
pssssssssss the posts you're responding to are over a year old.

Ha Ha Ha

This shows the timelessness of Above Top Secret...

But late than never

Take it easy

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuPP
enoc,

Bush is related to the Windsors and some like David Icke consider them to be reptilians which I tend to agree with as I have had many experiences with these people.

Blue eyes is the key to the bloodlines.

benjj...do you have BLUE EYES?

Oh my god. This is so stupid! Blue eyes? Then ten of my great grandmother's 11 children must be illuminati! So is my dad. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are millions of poor, blonde, blue eyed people in the world that are part of no bloodline. Not only that, there are many non blue eyed people in high positions of power.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have a question, the catholic church hunted down the templars,being that they were a secret organisation how would they have known that they were templars? also the whole of europe is a large place to find wanted people (nowadays everyone is on a computer register so it would be easier now),only having scotland as a place to hide.so how would they have found them?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stmichael
I have a question, the catholic church hunted down the templars,being that they were a secret organisation how would they have known that they were templars? also the whole of europe is a large place to find wanted people (nowadays everyone is on a computer register so it would be easier now),only having scotland as a place to hide.so how would they have found them?

The Poor Fellow Soldiers of Jesus Christ and the Temple of Solomon (aka the Knights Templar) were NOT a secret organization. They had secret meetings but they were VERY prominent in society. They operated the first international banking system...they protected the properties of many leaders. They were extremely powerful (and rich which is why they were disbanded...greed) In a time when Princes & Kings ruled, the Templars answered ONLY to their Grand Master (President if you will) and their Grand Master answered ONLY to the Pope himself.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
thanks for the reply Senrak,
Because anything secret is fascinating and everyone likes to know,why has there not been more masons exposing or have the exposers printed words been removed?
I used to belong to a secret organisation(the most famous in the world),i never revealed any secrets even now,due to respect, but there were members who were revealing secrets.That was one of the reasons why i left.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

thanks for the reply Senrak,
Because anything secret is fascinating and everyone likes to know,why has there not been more masons exposing or have the exposers printed words been removed?
I used to belong to a secret organisation(the most famous in the world),i never revealed any secrets even now,due to respect, but there were members who were revealing secrets.That was one of the reasons why i left.

Actually there've been tons of so-called Masonic exposures starting in the early 1700's. Most of these are still in print (from Masonic sources no less) and serve as very important historical documents. There is no specific Masonic ritual, per se. It varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction so it would be impossible to expose THE Masonic ritual. In some U.S. States (Kentucky for example) there is no set ritual...it's all "mouth to ear" memorization and there are no official "Lecturers" who deliver the specific ritual. Consequently there are dozens of variations within the Commonwealth of Kentucky alone.

BTW...I thought Masonry was the most famous...

Regards,

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Secrets is not the basis of the masons just part of it, the organisation i belonged to is secret, though there are masons there.i missed out a letter on purpose, find the missing letter then you have the clue.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Senrak,when you join as a mason, you were ignorant (ie, lack knowledge) and then over a period of time you become enlightened,
the organisation i belonged to ,you HAD to be enlightened BEFORE you joined.
An oak with a hundred rings has many branches over the orb each leaf is as important as the tree,no leaves ,no tree,there are many different trees, but only ONE oak.

[edit on 20-11-2005 by stmichael]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

[snip] the organisation i belonged to is secret, though there are masons there.i missed out a letter on purpose, find the missing letter then you have the clue.

Well, I sometimes appreciate a game of cloak and dagger and I certainly don't mean to be snotty, but I'm not overly interested in this "most famous" organization that you purportedly belonged to because it has nothing to do with the topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join