It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sick and Tired of Anti-Homosexual People.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
78.4% how dd you come up with that lol.

But there are alot of parents who disown their children, even though he doesnt have any kids you cant really say that he would think diff. if he did. Bodrul I dont want to force you to believe anything you dont want to, I really just want to better understand your position and try to educate you.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Would you still disown your child for being a homosexual, if you found out for a fact its not a choice?

what is it with these hypothetically questions?
if i answer truthfully i get laid into by people

on second thoughts hypothetically i would still kick them out screw what others say

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
Bodrul I dont want to force you to believe anything you dont want to, I really just want to better understand your position and try to educate you.

good luck we have had many debates at school and college and i have not budged from what i belive at all so i doubt anyone can make me change my view, sorry

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I didn't ask the original question, so I won't take responsibility for bringing it up. In this case, I'd expect the most reasonable answer would be to acknowledge since you've never been a parent, you didn't have a framework for response. At least don't be so damn sure.

Let me just suggest this. Think about the people who have been closest to you in your life and for whom you've felt the most love. Parent, sibling, grandparent, whatever.

Now multiply those feelings by a factor of 100.

Still doesn't come close to the feelings you'll have for your own child. If you're normal.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
@ Bodrul: Thats basically the same as kicking your own child out for finding out they had diabetes or something.

Actually, thats very similar to racism, discriminating against someone for something they cannot help. I'd put that in the same boat as racism honestly.

Oh the world we live in. :shk:

[edit on 4/26/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Now multiply those feelings by a factor of 100.

Still doesn't come close to the feelings you'll have for your own child. If you're normal.

well untill the time comes and hypotheticall questions
i will only have one answer for it now.

and please dont use the normal BS

now lets just stop this argument because i wont stand down
before we go into insults.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

@ Bodrul: Thats basically the same as kicking your own child out for finding out they had diabetes or something.

Actually, thats very similar to racism, discriminating against someone for something they cannot help. I'd put that in the same boat as racism honestly.

Oh the world we live in. :shk:

[edit on 4/26/2007 by Kacen]

one thing its not like dabetes or anythingso dont compare it to ilness unless you count being gay as being ill?

and this is my last reply as you know my stance

so ask for everyone to stop using the word your not normal and other insults

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I related diabetes to my hypothetical truth about homosexuality because its something that cannot be helped (well one of the types of diabetes, ether type 1 of 2 I forget so I'm talking about whichever one your born with/can't be helped).

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
well untill the time comes and hypotheticall questions
i will only have one answer for it now.

As long as you recognize it's unsupportable.

and please dont use the normal BS

Ah. Normal people loving and accepting their children is BS. I see.

now lets just stop this argument because i wont stand down
before we go into insults.

You're probably right. I think most of us see what's going on here. And may you find peace with it.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
As long as you recognize it's unsupportable.

naa you dont say (sarcasticly)

Ah. Normal people loving and accepting their children is BS. I see.

i just BS because i find it bs that your calling peope not normal because they wont accept a gay child

You're probably right. I think most of us see what's going on here. And may you find peace with it.

whats that suppose to mean.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

whats that suppose to mean.[edit on 26-4-2007 by bodrul]

Actually I have no idea what that means ether. Care to enlighten me?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The way I see it...

Homosexuals have no choice in their sexual preference, just as we have no choice other than to be straight. So anyone trying to attack them, on the stance that it is wrong, wether in the eyes of society, or religion, should shut up, plain and simple.

Those who try to state that gays cannot marry, who are you to say that? So you're tiny little religious group says that it's wrong, who are you in the face of the rest of the world? Nothing.

Civil unions are a legal system, plain and simple, let the gays have it. If you want to get into wether a religious ceremony should be held, fine, tell them they can't have one with your religion, they're better off going to a religion with less opressive values anyhow. There's other religions, and countries who DO condone gay marriage, they don't need you. If your religion can't adapt, it's obsolete, let it die.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I know its a cliche topic but I have to get this out...

Snip....

And before anyone says anything, I am actually a 100% straight male. (Also I think this is the longest thread I ever made on ATS...)

Interesting, by your avatar, I thought you were a lesbian. My bad.

I have a problem with some of the books that are showing up in school which teach the kids that being gay is a norm, which I don't think it is. Granted that some gays might be genetically inclined, but I don't think it is normal. JMO

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have a question for all the people who don't think being gay is normal or a biological issue: How many gay people do you actually know? How many have you spent real time with? I don't mean someone you say hi to once a week, or a friend of a friend you had a beer with one evening, but actually spent time getting to know?

Half the people in my building are gay. One of my best friends is a drag queen (we used to get done up and go out in drag together, and let me tell you it is seriously fun to go out as a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman and having everyone's eyes wiggle when they hear your voice). Gay is not a choice.

Why would anyone CHOOSE to be something so reviled by such a voiciferous segment of society? The answer is they don't.

With the world so overpopulated now, did anyone ever stop to think homosexuality might be nature's way of addressing human reproduction? Loving and being loved is necessary to human sanity and health, so it seems to me homosexuality is an interesting way of addressing this problem of love without reproduction.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invader

I know its a cliche topic but I have to get this out...

Snip....

And before anyone says anything, I am actually a 100% straight male. (Also I think this is the longest thread I ever made on ATS...)

Interesting, by your avatar, I thought you were a lesbian. My bad.

I have a problem with some of the books that are showing up in school which teach the kids that being gay is a norm, which I don't think it is. Granted that some gays might be genetically inclined, but I don't think it is normal. JMO

I suppose its not "the norm", but regardless I don't see it as threatening to society or anything. So I don't get the big deal people make over it.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good,God, this thread is still motivating around? :shk: I have no more to say on this subject.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So you're a male feminist AND you like the gays? Are you sure you're a straight male?

[edit on 27-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

So you're a male feminist AND you like the gays? Are you sure you're a straight male?

[edit on 27-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

Yep. If I wasn't straight, I'd probably have two guys kissing in my avatar wouldn't I?

I've never found men attractive.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think people should be allowed to live their lives the way they like it as long as they do not force others into it, be it homosexual, heterosexual, bi-sexual or poly-sexual.

Our sexual choices/lifestyles/perference are our own, it should be personal, I do not think people should go around promoting/advertising/converting their sexual lifestyles/choices onto anyone.

I feel that it is wrong for homosexuals to promote their sexual lifestyles in parades and it is wrong for the heterosexual to try and correct/force/convert homosexuals.

Maybe being bi-sexual or poly-sexual is the key to creating less friction between the homosexual and the heterosexual.

I do not mind heterosexual, homosexual, bi-sexual, polysexual people as long as they do not try and force their lifestyle onto me.

Me? I am old school, heterosexual. It is just the way I am.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
I think people should be allowed to live their lives the way they like it as long as they do not force others into it, be it homosexual, heterosexual, bi-sexual or poly-sexual.

I feel that it is wrong for homosexuals to promote their sexual lifestyles in parades and it is wrong for the heterosexual to try and correct/force/convert homosexuals.

I like your respectful acceptance of others' rights, and for the most part agree with your post. But, the one thing I don't see the same is the parade point. If a group has been outcast and called 'abnormal', or 'evil', or 'deviant', for so long, there may be a need to express their right to exist until that is no longer questioned. If no one felt gay people were any different than straight, then I see little need to have a parade. Someday maybe that will be the case, and gays will just be people, and not reviled so widely as they have been.
I have only seen straight people trying to force their sexuality onto gays, and never seen a gay person try to convince someone to become gay.
Have you?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join