It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming: The earth spiralling towards the sun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prokurator
Why is it that the very plausible explanation for global warming, namely that the earth is spiralling towards the sun is not being publicly discussed? Possibly, scientists that are measuring this possibility don't wanna provoke mass hysteria.

Actually,Prokurator, I posted a whole thread on earth's changing rotation. Link here: Earth's Changing Rotation

We really couldn't figure out whether the earth was rotating towards or away from the sun. The charts seem to be giving contrasting views.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
For Earth to spiral inwards towards the Sun - our Sun has to swell up into Red Giant ((and even than the scenario in which Sun lose some mass - Earth could spiral outwards....if it loses nuff mass Earth might be even far enough - for dragging in Sun.))

For Earth to change orbit or rotation - mass must be expelled from the Earth or some force outside the Earth applied.

Something about CONSERVATION OF MOMENTUM:

sit in a swivel chair equipped with casters. Now, without touching the floor or anything outside the chair, try to get the chair rotating. Try to move it across the floor. Its just about impossible (that you can do it at all is due to a small amount of friction between the chair and the floor.) The principle here is called conservation of momentum. While in the chair, you are an isolated system. You had zero rotational momentum to begin with, and zero linear momentum, and regardless of what you do, zero they stay. What little motion you impart to the chair results from there being some friction in the casters and swivel, so that you do interact very slightly with the floor. An astronaut floating free in space without a safety line or propulsion would be utterly helpless to reach safety even a few feet away. He would have no way to acquire momentum. Nothing acting solely from on or within the Earth could change its orbit or seriously alter its rotation.

**"ONLY INERNAL PROCESSES CAN CHANGE THE RORATION OF A PLANET - BY CHANGING ITS MOMENT OF INERTIA!!!

**These processes do produce measurable variations in the Earth's rotation.

**These processes are far too feeble to affect the Earth's rotation significantly."

[edit on 22-4-2007 by blue bird]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird

For Earth to change orbit or rotation - mass must be expelled from the Earth or some force outside the Earth applied.

If you go to my thread, you will see that NASA has already said that the earth's rotation IS changing. This isn't just what may be occurring, it IS occurring.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

If you go to my thread, you will see that NASA has already said that the earth's rotation IS changing. This isn't just what may be occurring, it IS occurring.

NASA is looking to the changes inside Earth dynamic system: atmosphere, hydrosphere, geodetic areas.

NASA

That is pricelessly what is in my previous post :

# "ONLY INTERNAL PROCESSES CAN CHANGE THE RORATION OF A PLANET - BY CHANGING ITS MOMENT OF INERTIA!!!

# These processes do produce measurable variations in the Earth's rotation.

# These processes are far too feeble to affect the Earth's rotation significantly."

........................and is something completely different from 'spiraling toward Sun".

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i think of this particular problem in the "earth is flat" mode.

we make a lot of assumptions based on what 'science' tells us, but unfortunately, no matter what our equations tell us, science is a very limited medium. i do not suggest an alternative to science...only alternative questions of the imagination:

why do we imagine that the SUN'S gravity pulls US in?

how do we know that the EARTH does not hold the sun in IT'S grasp? (or in terms of the original topic: how do we know that the earth is not "letting go" of the sun?)

have you heard of the black sun?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sounds like a load of #e to me
even with my limited physics, i know enough to know that that just ain't on.

a more reasonable explanation would be that we are at a narrow point of our elliptical orbit

unless there was an anomaly, Captain.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
i think of this particular problem in the "earth is flat" mode.

we make a lot of assumptions based on what 'science' tells us, but unfortunately, no matter what our equations tell us, science is a very limited medium. i do not suggest an alternative to science...only alternative questions of the imagination:

why do we imagine that the SUN'S gravity pulls US in?

how do we know that the EARTH does not hold the sun in IT'S grasp? (or in terms of the original topic: how do we know that the earth is not "letting go" of the sun?)

have you heard of the black sun?

And you know, I imagine, how biiiiig is Sun, so...
Centripetal force: Sun pulling Earth inward - This force is gravity

Newton ( there is also Kepler who can thank Tycho Brahe
)

Orbit:

Imagine a planet moving sideways with respect to the Sun. Newton’s first law says that it will continue to move sideways. But the law of gravity says that it will also be pulled towards the Sun. The result is a combination motion, in which the planet falls towards the Sun, but misses. This is an orbit.

Gravity:

According to Newton’s third law, just as the Sun exerts a force on the Earth, the Earth exerts a force on the Sun. However, since the Sun is so much more massive, it doesn’t move much. But if the Earth were more massive, the Sun would move. In fact, both the Sun and the earth circle a common center of mass.

(also Kepler 3rd law wich is not quitw complite...)

What about 'blac sun'?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You are now entering the Twilight Zone

www.tv.com...

Opening Narration
Narrator: "The word that Mrs. Bronson is unable to put into the hot, still, sodden air is 'doomed,' because the people you've just seen have been handed a death sentence. One month ago, the Earth suddenly changed its elliptical orbit and in doing so began to follow a path which gradually, moment by moment, day by day, took it closer to the sun. And all of man's little devices to stir up the air are now no longer luxuries - they happen to be pitiful and panicky keys to survival. The time is five minutes to twelve, midnight. There is no more darkness. The place is New York City and this is the eve of the end, because even at midnight it's high noon, the hottest day in history, and you're about to spend it in the Twilight Zone."

[edit on 22-4-2007 by kameuh]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
If we were "spiraling toward the sun" then our year would be getting shorter ... and noticeably... by days.
...and so forth.

Was I just dreaming it ... or didn't we change the time on our clocks ahead an hour at least 2 weeks early this year??? They told us that it was to save on energy costs...but was it really???

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
Was I just dreaming it ... or didn't we change the time on our clocks ahead an hour at least 2 weeks early this year??? They told us that it was to save on energy costs...but was it really???

No big conspiracy
for beginning of the summer time (DST) in US:

Date change in 2007

On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday in March and end the first Sunday in November. The Secretary of Energy will report the impact of this change to Congress. Congress retains the right to resume the 2005 Daylight Saving Time schedule once the Department of Energy study is complete.

Europe always started between March 25 and March 30.... Last Sunday in March

Worldwide summer time

[edit on 23-4-2007 by blue bird]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prokurator
Why is it that the very plausible explanation for global warming, namely that the earth is spiralling towards the sun is not being publicly discussed? Possibly, scientists that are measuring this possibility don't wanna provoke mass hysteria.

The orbit of earth is very erratic, not as you see in TV… it goes from circular to elliptical meaning, that you will get closer to the sun for sometime and then be pushed away, therefore the ice ages every 100k years.

There is no secret conspiracy, that’s just how it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by inklosed

The orbit of earth is very erratic, not as you see in TV… it goes from circular to elliptical meaning, that you will get closer to the sun for sometime and then be pushed away, therefore the ice ages every 100k years.

Ahem, ice age occurs every ten thousand years, not 100 thousand. we are over due for one actually.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join