It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There MAY have been a war in Iraq...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You know, I just finished reading 1984 again, and thought, they TALKED of wars in that book, but no one knew there was a war. Does anyone REALLY know there was a war in Iraq?

Could our government just been killing soldiers to convince the public there was a war, so as to get more votes either for the left or the right...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
My SIL is there and is getting a purple heart for getting a concussion in a recent attack, there is definitely a war going on there he came home for a short emergency leave and told us about the war, its real. This is not wagging the dog in the sense that there is no war anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Massacre of Iraqis..

And your goverments lies about WMDs..

And yes there was a war..

AND STILL IS.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
A good friend of mine works for SkyNews and just returned from Iraq. Yes, it's really going on. He even took some shrapnel the first time he went.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was just acting paranoid and fishing to see if anyone would take the bait

And of course there was a war. And we, what, Massacred those poor, innocent Iraqis whose only crime was shooting at our soldiers in a war. Those poor, poor victims. At least they killed some of those evil americans...(That was sarcastic, btw)

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
You know, I just finished reading 1984 again, and thought, they TALKED of wars in that book, but no one knew there was a war. Does anyone REALLY know there was a war in Iraq?

Could our government just been killing soldiers to convince the public there was a war, so as to get more votes either for the left or the right...

That question almost made me sick to my stomach. Have you any idea how many soldiers are over in Iraq???? I guess when they come home they will all be lying when they say they were there and fighting. Im sorry, but that was completely ludicrous. Not only that, but insulting to those who have been there to fight, who have come home, who have been wounded, and who have been killed.

Living in your own little world inside your mind feeling as if EVERYONE in the world is out to get you, and covering something up must be terrible. How do you manage in day to day life???

I am editing this to say that I didnt see your last post, thankfully. For a second I had lost all hope that society could continue to survive.........

Well, you have my opinion anyway on whether or not there is a war.

[Edited on 12/30/2003 by Seapeople]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No there isnt a war...You're right...They flew me above the skies of Mexico, told me to jump out when we got there. But before I did they taught everybody to speak a western Arabic dialect, dressed them in middle eastern garb, and gave them AK's. Now that I think about it I was wondering why all the buildings I saw were 2D and painted. I think the govt got the idea from watching the last 30 minutes of Mel Brook's Blazing Saddles..... After reading your post I wanna

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Read my follow up post

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Read my follow up post

I saw it. I still think when you saw how many people started to think you were a jackass, you said; "Oh, heheh. I meant to do that..."

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Fulcrum,

what about the innocent civilians killed by terrorists?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm sorry you think that, I never meant to offend. If you doubt the sincerity of my follow up post, read some of my previous posts. Hopefully from those, you'll come to understand that I really do believe there was a war there, and I support it, as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm sorry you think that, I never meant to offend. If you doubt the sincerity of my follow up post, read some of my previous posts. Hopefully from those, you'll come to understand that I really do believe there was a war there, and I support it, as well.

You support it? From a military standpoint, I think it's one of the DUMBEST things we have ever done! King George the first should have listened to Stormin' Norman Schwartzkopf and took care of all this crap during the first invasion. But no, of course King George the Second had to impress daddy and the voters and take the guy out of office that his daddys croanies put in office. What a joke! I cant believe my time was wasted on that conflict, I could have been doing something a lot more worth while like putting my crank in a vice......

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So you don't think the Iraqi people were helped at all by our invasion? Should we just have backed off, and let them be? Dod you get to see any of the killing fields? Do you have any idea what kind of evil we stoped?!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   

So you don't think the Iraqi people were helped at all by our invasion? Should we just have backed off, and let them be? Dod you get to see any of the killing fields? Do you have any idea what kind of evil we stoped?!

Like I said, we should have done it all the first time. But yes I have seen things first hand that you could only have nightmares about. I wont be lectured about all the evil crap these people have done, especially to some of the Marines I knew who were captured. A good portion of the Iraqi people didnt want us there AT ALL. Or maybe they shot at us and threw rocks at us because they love us with all their wee little heart.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Massacre of Iraqis..

And your goverments lies about WMDs..

And yes there was a war..

AND STILL IS.

Yes, Fulcrum, let's not forget that there were hundreds of thousands of Iraqis slaughtered, but thanks to the Allied forces, the monster has been removed from power and now taken into custody.
Yes, I know that is not what you meant, but I figured I'd make a little sense of your nonsense.

top topics

join