It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H2H: Looking To Debate? This Is Your One Stop Shop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I would defiantly be interested in getting into a debate here; I’m good for social, religious and open to pretty much anything. I would defiantly be down with going head to head with Semperfortis about the legalization of narcotics.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Mr Mxyztplk, I wouldn't mind debating among those subjects. I'll send you a u2u.

ON TOPIC: I am all for a debate. If someone were to contact me that would be great!

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Review the rules guys, see what you guys want and don't want, then either post in this thread and/or u2u me with the information.

Something along the lines of:

"Subject"

Pro - Member Name
Con - Member Name

And then etch out a list of what you want and don't want. If I need any clarification on anything, I'll respond. But if everything is on the up and up, I'll author the thread immediately and have the Fighter status awarded to those who are ready to throw down.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would like to read the debates because learning is what it is about! Thanks for the input Chissler.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
hehehe
just kiddin' I'm soooo not that really bold, nor educated!

But I'd like to participate. I guess my subjects of interest (but not expertise) would include:

Religion, God, Christianity, etc

Social issues, ie: abortion, pro-life, pro choice, women's rights, welfare, declining morals, etc

911 -the American threat to America, etc

The American media and entertainment industry

I'll consider taking any side of almost anything proposed to me, I'm just not that creative in coming up with a subject myself, and do not have an extensive education or knowledge of history etc. I clearly am not a subject matter expert.

Actually, I've never taken a debate class or been on the debate team or actually participated in a formal debate at all, however I have enjoyed some of the respectful disagreements I've had with others which gave opportunity to really dig in and express my side of an issue, (a taste of blood as it were) and would love to find someone equally as unqualified to be here, to debate with.

In other words, I'd like to learn from experience if someone is willing to learn with me, or teach me. I don't mind being schooled in public, I am willing to be a punching bag for the more experienced who find themselves without an opponent. Consider me "practice" while you wait.

I'm more of a writer than a fighter though...will someone give me the writer title if I get a fighter title here?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Maybe this will be easier if I do this...

I want to debate the Mexican Invasion...
(I want the borders closed and all illegals transported back where they came from)

I want to debate the conspiracy to eradicate Christianity and Judaism and the placating of other religions.
(I think it is time to make ALL religions equal)

I want to debate why I think it is a bad idea for Government to get involved in Gay Marriage...
(Self Explanatory)

Now someone jump on and get whipped!!!

Oh Yeah, please don't place to tight a restriction on posting times... Most know what I do for a living and at times it is difficult to have the time to sit and compose a thoughtful response.. Thanks

Semper

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Mr Mxyztplk and I have agreed to debate.

EDIT: We are going to be debating about the legalization of drugs. He is for the complete legalization of drugs and I am against it.

He said he's up for it. Chissler.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
2l82sk8

do you want to debate pro-life vs pro-choice with me. (Im pro choice by the way)

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hey chissler, me and Mr Mxyztplk want to debate. Do you think that you could let us debate on the subject that we want to debate about?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Come on people!!!!

Someone jump in here...

I promise to take it easy on you.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just want to flex my debate muscle..

Semper

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I would like to try a debate sometime in the future, but I was reading the Chissler v Semper debate and was thinking that I don't have all those great writing skills and big
words.

Would that make you look dumb if you wrote how you would to a family member?

EDIT: One more question.

Once two members have a debate on a subject, is that crossed out? Or can there be another debate on the same subject, with two different members?

[edit on 6/4/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't think so...

Not at all my friend...

I think the debates are set by the authors...

Those big words don't really mean a hill of beans as long as you are passionate in getting your point across..

Go for it!!!

Semper

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Come on I want to debate I already have my gameface on! Really can we start soon?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Seems that nobody wants a piece of me, either.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
Seems that nobody wants a piece of me, either.

Guess not. Maybe we scared them away.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Semporfortis. I would welcome a debate with you. We share many of the same beliefs though. Let's try to find a topic that we have differing views on. Here are a couple of things I'll throw out into the ring.

1) Yes I do believe that Marijuana should be legalized - JUST marijuana - no other narcotics.

2) Racial profiling. Yes, I believe in it.

3) Rights of a murderer, rapist, pedophile - I believe they lose their rights the moment they commit the crime.

These are just a couple of things. You have any ideas?
Oh by the way - you don't need to "go easy on me". I can stand my own ground my friend.

Up for the challenge? By the way, I am glad that you are not bound into time constraints. I fall into a similar category regarding time.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Enjoies, my friend,
Anything in particular you'd like to debate upon? I am not the greatest writer, debater, however I am truly passionate in my beliefs. I think you are as well. You're allright in my book.
Look forward to hearing from you.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Number 3 my friend...

I can readily debate with you on that....

How about this as a title...

"Murderers, Pedophiles and Rapists Should Lose Their Rights"

You take the Pro
I'll take the Con

U2U me and we can work out the kinks and then U2U chiss...

Semper

ps... I have no doubt you can hold your own, I've read your posts, I'm probably in for it now... HAHAHAHAHAHA But I love it..

S

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hey Semperfortis,
U2U on the way. No. 3 it is. I really do believe that those that commit these types of crimes lose their rights.
I've followed your posts as well, and I look forward to the challenge that I know I will be up against.
See you soon.

"Let's Get ready To Ruuuuuuummmmmble....."

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Its going to me vs Enjoies. The topic will mist likely be cap. punishment. Enjoies will be pro, and i'll be con. We're just working out some details now. But this should be fun.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join