It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H2H: Looking To Debate? This Is Your One Stop Shop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
Its going to me vs Enjoies. The topic will mist likely be cap. punishment. Enjoies will be pro, and i'll be con. We're just working out some details now. But this should be fun.

Cool. I look forward to this one. I respect Enjoies as a friend, and agree with his pro Cap punishment views. I've caught you around the board as well, this should be a good one. By the way - dig the avatar.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

2l82sk8

do you want to debate pro-life vs pro-choice with me. (Im pro choice by the way)

Actually, I am pro-choice too, but I am willing to debate for the sake of a debate, especially my first real debate! Besides, it looks like everyone is starting to pair up, so we might as well jump in.

So sure, I'll take the be pro life stance-it isn't really a stetch for me I guess, as I am passionate about life.

Now, I guess since you are challenging me, and you are pro-choice, the debate is titled and begins with your stance of pro-choice, right?

So, should the debate be titled:

"Abortion: Every Woman's Right to Choose"

Pro- ImpliedChaos

Con-2l82sk8

(You can title it any way you want, but if I got to take the pro-choice stance I'd write it like that, but since I've never done a debate-I dunno! I'm learning as I go here!!)

We'll stick to the rules and guidelines as already put forth, so we needn't change anything and know what we are doing-sound good?

Chissler- Dear Sir, you copy that? Do we have your approval? Whate next?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I guess you really get around ImpliedChaos!

UM, do you still plan to debate me too? Before, after, or during your other debate?

Maybe I should check my u2u for your challenge retraction.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2l82sk8
I guess you really get around ImpliedChaos!

Im sorry but that made me laugh. I didnt know if you still wanted to debate when enjosies u2u'ed me. But I would love still debate you. prob after the other debate though, if thats okay with you

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
OK, did get your new u2u ImpliedChaos...I guess we cross posted and cross u2u'd there. Maybe we can debate on down the line then.

Now, nothing against ImpliedChaos here, but should we set forth some debate etiquette that states if you challenge someone, in public and/or u2u, then you should not challenge another, nor accept another's challenge to debate, until you... finish what you've stearted so to speak?

I'm jealous of the other subjects agreed upon too-criminals loss of rights and capital punishment etc. I'd have done either one of those.

Anyone else still looking for an opponent for anything? A punching bag? I just need to have some knowledge or an opinion on something and I'd go for just about any subject then.

2l82sk8

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
With reagrds to debate etiquette I completely agree.

BTW i am sooooooooooooooo sorry. I feel bad now.
And i hope you find someone 2 debate with.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

With reagrds to debate etiquette I completely agree.

BTW i am sooooooooooooooo sorry. I feel bad now.
And i hope you find someone 2 debate with.

Well you should be sorry Chaos! You should feel bad! I bet you do hope I find someone else to debate with because you are afraid to go H2H with me! Admit! I scare you silly!

I am sure you and many others here are quite intimidated by my lack of expertise, inferior intellect, and extensive inexperience in debating.

btw Chaos, appology accepted.

2l8

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Jaw dropping to log in and have that many u2u's waiting for me.

I've received all of the requests for the debates, and I will author the threads shortly. Everyone will be awarded the Fighter status, if they have not been already, and it should be noted that you can not post to the H2H forum until you have the status.

I'll update this thread when I create the threads.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks alot Chissler.

Good luck to everyone.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Actually EDIT: I'll post right away to get the first post over with. I'll make it count.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Looks I have the weekend all to myself. No challengers for me. See you all on Monday.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'd be willing to, as long as people are very patient with me. Debating, rebuttles, etc... are not amongst my strong points. Interests would be:

1) Historical.

2) Social Issues, particularly crime and punishment, victims rights...etc...

There might be something else that perks my interest...

Just be gentle...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
ha ha, that's so awesome that we get to debate with other people. Wow I never would have debated with ANYONE on this site if it were two years ago when I was a lurker. Times sure have changed.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Who won our debate?

Chissler?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would love a debate. I don't rightly care what about.
Ill take any side on any issue. So someone test me out eh? This should be fun.

Anyone up for a debate against someone that is completely insane?

Ok looks like Justin Oldham is taken who wants to take on old What U? anyone anyone?

[edit on 4/7/2007 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
(BTW do we get fighter status for the debates or is that something else?)

Debates

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Who won our debate?

You were forced to forfeit the debate. The external quote tags were something we did not discuss before hand, so it was a non issue when the other member used them. I don't like to see that much of a post consist of text from other websites, and we will address that in future debates, but the one golden rule that can not be broken is editing our posts. Once you hit that post reply button, the post stands. In the list of rules & guidelines, that was the one rule that I bolded. It was bolded for a reason as it needed to stand out.

From here on out, if members wish to participate in a H2H debate, I'm going to politely ask that we read the rules at least once.

Incidents like this should not happen.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The Next H2H Installment.

Head-2-Head: The Need for Internment Camps for Illegals in the U.S.

Pro - xpert11
Con - Justin Oldham

Good Luck!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Who won our debate?

You were forced to forfeit the debate. The external quote tags were something we did not discuss before hand, so it was a non issue when the other member used them. I don't like to see that much of a post consist of text from other websites, and we will address that in future debates, but the one golden rule that can not be broken is editing our posts. Once you hit that post reply button, the post stands. In the list of rules & guidelines, that was the one rule that I bolded. It was bolded for a reason as it needed to stand out.

From here on out, if members wish to participate in a H2H debate, I'm going to politely ask that we read the rules at least once.

Incidents like this should not happen.

It was my fault.

I read the rules but missed that one.

I'd like to have a rematch so that I can redeem myself.

What should I do so that I can have a rematch topic?

[edit on 7-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join