It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very Cute kid with her friend behide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
check it out~ one of the Japanese home video~~
just click " Play " and you can watc hit~
click here to watch

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Wow, pretty creepy.

It's hard to catch because it's narrated in Japanese but at first she appears to be waving, and then she is right behind him..

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Reminds me of "The Ring" (1&2)... Girl. Black hair. Can't see her face. (Another film it reminds me of is The Grudge. Both Japanese films originally.) I wonder what's up with the Asian kids & ghosts video clips these days?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Gemwolf i was just thinking the same thing it does look like the girl of that movie.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
look carefully in slow motion when this 'friend' is first shown... you will notice that this figure is not tracked well (movement of the figure does not follow exactly the movement of camera)

it's a fake...

[edit on 29-3-2007 by untilted]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
yeah that was creepy but looks kind of fake..still cool though

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The guy narrating this sounds like the man narrating the one with the weird reflection vid and a couple other of the Japanese ghost clips floating about... are these from the same show? Any one who lives in Japan care to enlighten us?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
the japanese are obsessed with green little kid ghosts! I knew i would see one of those b4 i hit play. I dont trust any japanese ghost videos, they all look the same.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Reminds me of "The Ring" (1&2)... Girl. Black hair. Can't see her face. (Another film it reminds me of is The Grudge. Both Japanese films originally.) I wonder what's up with the Asian kids & ghosts video clips these days?

Reminds me of the Grudge or the Locker. I wonder what the deal is with all of these strange videos coming out of Asia as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ok. I'll give you guys a few screen caps to analyze since it's annoying to have to watch the video over and over just to see a second or two of "paranormality".

First appearance:

Second appearance:

Questions & Speculations:
1. What the hell is up with all these asian (mostly Japanese) ghost films that feature characters that look like this:

(The Grudge)

or this:

(The Ring)

A little cliche, don't you think?
2. The ghost is way too opague which means it could've easily been staged using an actress (or two).
3. Why does the video stop right after the sighting? Like the last Japanese Ghost Video of the girl looking in the mirror, it always ends right after! Just an observation.

What do I think of it?? FAKE! The fact that it's so cliche just ruins it for me.

Good find though. It was entertaining. I've watched this video like 10 times.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I thought it looked almost real, but then they went into the slow-motion part. Thats when it looked 100% fake.

A ghost waving to the camera?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
1. What the hell is up with all these asian (mostly Japanese) ghost films that feature characters that look like this

That's how the traditional ghosts, Yurei, of Japanese folklore are described.
en.wikipedia.org...

Today, the appearance of yūrei is somewhat of a uniform, instantly signalling the ghostly nature of the figure, and assuring that it is culturally authentic.

* White clothing - Yūrei are usually dressed in white, signifying the white burial kimono used in Edo period funeral rituals. In Shinto, white is a color of ritual purity, traditionally reserved for priests and the dead. This kimono can either be a katabira (a plain, white, unlined kimono) or a kyokatabira (a white katabira inscribed with Buddhist sutras). They sometimes have a hitaikakushi (lit., "forehead cover"), which is a small white triangular piece of cloth tied around the head.

* Black hair - Hair for a yūrei is often long, black and dishelved, which is a trademark carried over from Kabuki Theater, where wigs are used for all actors. Hair was believed to continue growing after death, which helps to account for the unnatural length.

* Hands and feet - A yūrei's hands dangle lifelessly from the wrists, which are held outstretched with the elbows near the body. They typically lack legs and feet, floating in the air. These features originated in Edo period ukiyo-e prints, but were quickly copied over to kabuki. In kabuki, this lack of legs and feet is often represented by the use of a very long kimono, or even hoisting the actor into the air by a series of ropes and pullies.

* Hitodama - Yūrei are frequently depicted as being accompanied by a pair of floating flames or will o' the wisps (Hitodama in Japanese) in eerie colors such as blue, green, or purple. These ghostly flames are separate parts of the ghost rather than independent spirits.

Not really original, but that seems to be the reasoning.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Paresthesia, do you believe in anything paranormal? I have read a couple of your posts on paranormal threads and you seem to imply that you think it's all a bunch of crap.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It was bugging me that the picture of Sadako was from the american ring and not the origional film. And looking at the stills it does look like this exact shot from the film...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yup~ Atsnn ppl are cool` really can tell fake or not~
i feel sorry to the cute kid in the movie~ why have to use a cute little girl?
she knows nothing but being used~

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't put much credence into japanese photos or videos of paranormal events. There seems to be a cultural attitude over there that such captures of ghosts and the like are intended for the amusement of the viewer and not up for serious scientific debate. So thus, blatant fakes like this one are shown along with the "real" deal.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
personally I think it's just a girl creeping up behind a kid, nothing paranormal about it.
The first appearance of the 'ghostly figure' isn't in the slow mo bit that is shown, but when she ducks in and out quickly in background before that.

now if the footage had continued on instead of stopping at the point that it did, and the girl had vanished, then it would have been more convincing, but conveniently it finishes and we don't see what happens next. I think someone is simply taking advantage of the camera angle and the spooky effect it produced.

top topics

join