It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

david seredas "the case for nasa ufos" film

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
well, i just watched david seredas documentary "the case for nasa ufos"....

the first part, at least, and a little bit of the second part.
i have to say that i have seen a ufo in the past, so i am very open minded about these things. this film shows the very famous NASA footage, the tether incident, the ufo formation over africa, and the video which is most frequently used in ufo documentaries, the one where we can supposedly see a ufo making a very sharp right angle turn, and is then followed by another ufo. i cant find a link for that video right now, but im sure its out there. anyway, those of you who saw the documentary will probably know what im talking about.

ok, so the thing is, sereda used the original footage, and i noticed that all the videos on youtube and other sites are either cropped versions of the original footage, or enlarged versions. so what i noticed in seredas videos, is that, ironically the ones he used to prove that ufos are real, are the best ones for proving that those are clearly not ufos, but something normal.

for example, the video in which a ufo makes a right angle turn above earth at what seems to be high speed, is obviously an effect caused by the movement of the camera, because it zooms out in that moment. and i noticed that for the first time in this documentary, because the footage is original and un-cropped.

and the tether "incident", which he uses as his best proof, by the way, well, thats just completely wrong interpretation of the video! i have a telescope at home, and when you view a star out of focus through it, you will get the exact image, and everybody knows that... and why are all the "ufos" two dimensional?

there are some interesting things on those videos, but almost all of them can be explained... this has made me much more skeptical.

its a shame that people dont do their resarch a little better before making a documentary, because things like these really hurt the credibility of serious ufo researchers.

i just wanted to share my impression with everybody.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You haven't listened to the whole thing?
They use digital cameras so the focus is identical, no matter the distance.
They are not optical cameras. You see what you want to see. I see clear pulsating dematerialised ships, with a big black, light sucking whole in the middle.
You have to see the full 2 hours video to really get the whole picture.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
look, i saw that he used his keys to prove that its not objects near the camera, because his keys and the tree in the background are in focus. but that proves absolutley nothing! he should have zoomed on the tree and then put the keys in front of the camera, and THEN they would be blurry. try it.

the camera on the shuttle was zoomed in on the tether! because of that the small particles in front of the camera are out of focus. i dont see why theres even a debate about this.... you see the camera zoomed out, lots of flying dots in the frame, then the camera zooms in and you get lots of disc shaped optical illusions. simply.

and even IF i was somehow wrong on this, why are all the disks two dimensional? are they all seen from above or what?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The objects are flying behind the tether.
And they are pulsating.
That's all I need to know to understand they are ETVs or ship of some sorts.
I'm not going to debate this with you.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider
and even IF i was somehow wrong on this, why are all the disks two dimensional? are they all seen from above or what?

Yeah, I wondered the same thing when I saw these videos.
What are the odds of every "ship" being at the same angle to the camera?
Seems kind of odd to me, unless it's some kind of effect from the "gravity engine".

That fella sure knows his math, though.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You haven't look closely enough.

Some of them have a tilt. And you can see the tilting happening over the width of the screen. Look closely.

If these objects are circular or oval shaped(similar to a football) then rotating will most likely give you the same projected shape.

In computer graphics, if you project an object from 3d space to 2d space, you lose one dimension. That 2d representation of a sphere or oval shape object wil give you the same shape, no matter when rotation the object has.
Now, these object are "Quantumized" and are semi-transparent. So if the black hole we see in the object is in the middle of the craft, you will see it no matter what orientation the craft has.

You can take a football and spin it on it's main axis to understand what I mean.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
OH, BTW, the objects are not physically visible.
They are in the UV Spectrum. Now, that even more difficult to explain.

[Fixed typo]

[edit on 25-3-2007 by tock]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
the objects are not invisible at all. The crew even say they can see alot of debris in the foreground.

im no expert but logic would dictate when a fibre rope explodes theres going to be a fare bit of debris.

David sereda is full of SNIP, his nasa ufo clips are the worst ive seen in the history of ufology- and theres alot of competition for that title.
[edit on 25-3-2007 by yeti101]

Mod Edit: removed censor circumvention
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
yeah, its much more likely that the objects in the video are "Quantumized" transparent alien spherical trans-dimensional vehicles made out od light, and not out of focus space shuttle garbage..

think about that.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Tock's on target with this, IMO. His reasons are quite logical; you shouldn't be so dismissive.

There's a good post on the Serada tether incident here.

NASA astronauts and mission control describe the show as "debris" and "a couple of star-like things and a lot of things swimming in the foreground." Since we know that the tether is 12 miles long and can clearly see that many of the UFO/entities pass behind the tether, and fall in and out of focus with the tether itself, we can estimate the diameter of the largest at 2-3 miles across.

For those skeptics who would argue that these images represent the "airy disk" phenomenon of optical refraction, here is a very clear piece of video from the mission showing both the airy disk effect and the entities in the same frame. Apparently, the cameraman/astronaut here purposely creates the airy disk phenomenon while recording the "spheres" to allow comparison and to foreclose exactly this explanation.

Here's the link to the video showing both airy disks and the "critters."

The NASA talk is intentionally misleading, and the mention of "a couple of star-like things" is the slip that gives the game away.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
ok, the video you gave a link too is the same one sereda uses in his film.

i am 99% sure we are seeing dirt on the lens in that case. these things are not moving and are very transparent, which means that they are REALLY close to the lens, like small dust particles... the objects in the tether video are more far away from the camera, and a little bit bigger, so they appear more solid, when in fact its just out of focus dust and ice or whatever.

but of course, everybody can believe whatever they want, as far as im concerned...

look, im not saying that there are no ufos.... in seredas film there are quite a few things that are flying around, and i would sure like to know what they are.

but the tether thing, its just wrong....

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Let me see if I got this.
You can see the tilt......

Originally posted by tock
Some of them have a tilt. And you can see the tilting happening over the width of the screen.

....but you see the same shape regardless of it's rotation.

That 2d representation of a sphere or oval shape object wil give you the same shape, no matter when rotation the object has.

I'm having trouble seeing how you can have it both ways. If the view is the same at any angle, how would you see the tilt?

Just trying to get it straight.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
nightsider,

You're not thinking through the implications of what you saw and are saying. The video clearly shows that the "airy disc" photographic effect and the "critters" are separate phenomena.

If they were ice particles or dust, they couldn't exhibit the coherent structure and movement common to all the critters, nor could ice particles or space dust clearly pass behind the tether and be registered by the camera at over a hundred miles distance.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
yeah, i know that it LOOKS like the object is passing behind the tether, but that is because they are both out of focus. notice that the tether looks really thick, but in reality it isnt. the tether reflects more light than the particles near the camera, so in the video, which is really low quality, the tether is, lets say, "more white" than the particles, and that is why it looks as if some pass behind the tether...

i dont usually debunk ufo videos, but this one is most commonly used, and it discredits ufo researchers when they use it without really thinking about what they are seeing...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The tether was ionized, so it was basically acting as a filament.

This is a very interesting aspect of the whole question; if you believe these are not dust particles we're seeing--and here we'll just have to agree to disagree--then the critters are being attracted to the EM receptor--much as you see in other STS/UFO vids, where similar critters are attracted to thunder storms.

Since they're only visible in the IR spectrum and look essentially like living, pulsating plasma cells, you could argue they're feeding off the electricity.

In any event, exceedingly strange stuff. Or just bunk, if you think all these vids show space dust.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Let me see if I got this.
You can see the tilt......

Originally posted by tock
Some of them have a tilt. And you can see the tilting happening over the width of the screen.

....but you see the same shape regardless of it's rotation.

That 2d representation of a sphere or oval shape object wil give you the same shape, no matter when rotation the object has.

I'm having trouble seeing how you can have it both ways. If the view is the same at any angle, how would you see the tilt?

Just trying to get it straight.

If I remember correctly, there is 2 or 3 objects, at leas 2 or 3 KM large, that goes from left to right, and have a tilt on them, a Vertical Tilt or Near Y axis rotation.

Some other object rotates on their Z axis, or screen axis.

X axis been left right, Y up and down and Z is in depth.

And obviously, some don't rotate at all.

These objects are seen going Behind the tether. So the tether can be use as a Giant 12KM long ruler

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider
yeah, i know that it LOOKS like the object is passing behind the tether, but that is because they are both out of focus. notice that the tether looks really thick, but in reality it isnt. the tether reflects more light than the particles near the camera, so in the video, which is really low quality, the tether is, lets say, "more white" than the particles, and that is why it looks as if some pass behind the tether...

i dont usually debunk ufo videos, but this one is most commonly used, and it discredits ufo researchers when they use it without really thinking about what they are seeing...

They are not out of focus at all, they are perfectly defined object. With fairly sharp edges. You cannot have one object out of focus and other ones not been out of focus, as explained by M. Serada. You can probably do a bit more research and see for yourself on the NET.

Note the pulsation in them too. A frame by frame analysis reveals some amazing information too.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by tock]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
The tether was ionized, so it was basically acting as a filament.

This is a very interesting aspect of the whole question; if you believe these are not dust particles we're seeing--and here we'll just have to agree to disagree--then the critters are being attracted to the EM receptor--much as you see in other STS/UFO vids, where similar critters are attracted to thunder storms.

Since they're only visible in the IR spectrum and look essentially like living, pulsating plasma cells, you could argue they're feeding off the electricity.

In any event, exceedingly strange stuff. Or just bunk, if you think all these vids show space dust.

I think they are on the other end of the electromagnetic spectrum, Gottago, in the UV. But I would have to listen again, to confirm this.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
the thing is, EVERYTHING is out of focus! the tether and the "objects".

notice how the tether appears very thick. its obviously out of focus. did you see the footage when they launch the satellite and the tether from the shuttle?

its a cable....

if the tether isnt out of focus, it would have to be AT LEAST a few meters in diameter, and its not... its simple.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
tock,

I may be wrong on that, I posted from memory, but I do recall the linkage (was it Sereda?) made to a DoD satellite that could "see" into that spectrum, and which was picking up these weird water-holding membranes which were impacting the troposphere at a fairly regular rate.

It had all the near-space science community scratching their heads to explain it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join