It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: "JeanLucPicard" member banned.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Are you sure that this was the only identity he came back under this time?
Is it possible that there is another version of him still here? He strikes me as that type.

BG

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Some people just don't give up...:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My vote is cut him down. He so much as pops his head up, knock it off. He comes to our board, we go to his. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. I'm sick of his #ing bull#.

DE

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
My vote is cut him down. He so much as pops his head up, knock it off. He comes to our board, we go to his. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. I'm sick of his #ing bull#.

DE

"An eye for an eye will just make the world blind" -Gandhi

We should show him that we aren't to be messed with, but we should keep it within limits so as not to ruin our image.

I still the best solution is to ignore him. I mean, he just wants attention!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ahahahahaha! he claimed to be right into politics then started one of the most stupid politics threads seen in a long time.

Bye bye tithead.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Man you guys are all just jealous that he loves me the best...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The new member, GovConpiracy is this same person who has been DavidBieniek, JeanLucPicard, and GlobalMind.

He's been saying some pretty mean things about ATS around the Internet.

Members? What say ye?

why am I not surprised? I had a feeling it was him because of all of the one line thread starters , just JLP's style. I didn't like to say at the time incase I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1

have him debate one of our members and his result dictates if he styas or not

Hi all!!

Now there's a funny thing... I was *totally* unaware that GC/Joe had been JeanLuc/ Dr David et al and was also unaware that this thread was still running. So much for *me* denying ignorance...

Folks, as the person who debated against Joe, can I say I found him 100% ok, as I'm sure you'll agree from the debate we had? The feedback from the judges was good for Joe too and, for me, I'd like to see him "stay", although I'm also unaware of any "bad mouthing" that he might have been involved with around the internet as such.

I felt it only right to put in my observations on this, as I'm sure you'd agree I should.

Thanx - and sorry to enter this discussion late in the day (again, as I thought it was "dead and buried" ages ago...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
mabye we should start posting sentries !
we shouldnt underestamate this guy even a guy with a little intelegence is bad news

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Why did you allow him to return?? how do you decide whether or not to allow "certain" people not to return??I am personally interested in this process.......

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti Why did you allow him to return??
Got through the cracks. No biggie. Once you're banned, it's not that hard to re-register with a new e-mail account. On many occasions, banned members learn form their mistakes, return under a new account, and end up being contributing members.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
just ban his IP and mac addreess but like i can change mine in under 3 mins...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think Genya despatched this entity so severely in the recent debate, that it caused me to question whether GC and JLP were one and the same creature. I never saw DB at all, missed all that. *

But maybe I hadn't see Genya in full flow. On a positive note, I hope G. hasn't peaked too early.

* alternative ID acronyms'r'us

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Again, an interesting topic. Lets say an individual is becomming a real nuisance, and just
keeps comming back. The idea is to have this activity cease. Assuming SkepticOverlord
does basic "hit" logging on port 80, his IP is recorded. If he is on a randomly assigned
IP or a proxy from a master IP server, this is still a legitimate IP or range of IP's that
can be easily looked up. Ergo, his internet access comes from somewhere. If the lowest
level of IP access is not cooperative or cannot be reached, simply try the next tier up.
Here is how you would impact the abuser :: Have the admin here send a very politely
worded, but short, complaint letter to the servicing ISP. Repeat for the next offense and
and more complaints. IE, now use a few of your staff to word complaints separately.
This should be sufficient to have his account cancelled, as all ISP's nowdays have
conditions of use as part of their contract service to their users. While one or two complaints
may place one of their users on probation, a multitude (more than three) means they simply
cancel his account for violations of THEIR conditions of use. If he is using internet access
from an organization, employer, government, etc, he risks losing his Job. If you are concerned
that he is a hacker, 99 percent of hackers are indeed Skript Kiddies, and the above measure
works even better if the ISP is made aware of any "hacker" attempts. I seriously doubt the
other 1 percent of hackers would ever be a problem for you. Sure, you say he just goes to
another provider and comes back. But he will have a limited choice, and will the response be the same?
Its a bit of work, but worth it if the level of abuse is intolerable.

/\/ight\/\/ing

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join