It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: "JeanLucPicard" member banned.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
So who is gonna fix this simple problem? Any ideas Simon?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   
He has already been banned and can not access the board.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
And you aren't worried about any hacking programs of any kind? I do believe his IP is blocked if I'm correct.....

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   
He knows a BIT about comps. All he has to do is use a proxy and hes in. This whole thing is messed up.

Edit...and even if his IP is blocked he can still use a packet overloader and take down this site indefinantly.

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Sweet. Nice work, good job, case closed.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

and even if his IP is blocked he can still use a packet overloader and take down this site indefinantly.

I don't think so...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Just as a general comment, I haven't updates the Pocket Book/Encyclopaedia of banned members in a while for time pressures.

I refrained from doing little updates when controversial members were exited from the community. I will update the thing in a couple of weeks, but I actually think William & Simon's position on stating when banning occurs and why can be a positive and serve as notice to all of what is clearly not acceptable for members. Good job.

Farewell to the captain.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
dreamlandmafia

Some people can't accept rejection. But he wouldn't be able to take the site down, unless he have a hundred of pc-zombies at his orders...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia Edit...and even if his IP is blocked he can still use a packet overloader and take down this site indefinantly.
That's been tried before. We have countermeasures for just such an event.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Banning is more of a ceremonial thing anyway, its a big fat
"your not welcome here" Its more of a slap in the face than a security measure.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Some people here seem to like getting slapped Nerdling
they keep coming back for more...

Who was "Mike" from DarkGovernemnt on this board?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Who was "Mike" from DarkGovernemnt on this board?

I'm pretty sure he was 'thebladerunner'.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is from Mike....Maybe truth..could be lie...: ya know what, I cant even remember the user name I used?, it was just some combo of letters and numbers, I was thinking bladerunner or maybe...just maybe DR.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You shouldn't be pointing people because of cloudy assumptions.

DR might have irritated the staff and did some bad things, he was not STUPID. At least, I don't think he was, and if he was, he was a great actor and hidded it well.

And TBR already have his conspiracy website, and last time I checked he already had way more user than DG.com. Why would he start everything over again? And I didn't knew him much, but I wouldn't suspect him of being stupid enough to copy the website of someone else. (altho some could say that his site looked kind of ATS, but I think it looked alike just in the way all conspiracy sites look alike, not like blatantly and obviously copied like DG.com)

Edit: ...And in any way, I don't think that the thief who started DG was a notorious figure on here. Probably a lurker or a member that always kept a low profile.

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Man guess I missed some drama. lol.

Thats what I get for not coming to ATS every waking moment.

edit: I agree with m0rbid, I went to that site...

Wonder if I'll ever have my own clone...

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Its not BR or DR, but its a relative oldie from here as he knows the hassle even talking about them would cause...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Cloning ATS is useless.

What makes it so special is all the members (including staff). You can't clone that.

And dude, you can't come to ATS at every awake moment. Keep some time for basic hygiene, else you'll become miserable. (j/k)

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
....Whilst I agree that Dr David/ Picard has been banned (as he certainly seemed beligerent - and needed to be stopped - with his posting to the other board about ways to hack into this site....)

... I'm intrigued as to the amount of continued interest he has created - will we *never* be rid of the Dr/ Star Trek Cap'n???

"His soul goes marching on... "

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I've already forgot him.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I've already forgot him.

Who you talking about Lysergic??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join