It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: "JeanLucPicard" member banned.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hey, we have the right to go to other site, why wouldn't the staff have that same right???

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The new member, GovConpiracy is this same person who has been DavidBieniek, JeanLucPicard, and GlobalMind. He's been saying some pretty mean things about ATS around the Internet. Members? What say ye?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So, GlobalMind was him too? Didn't knew this. Altho someone pointed out the star trek avatar one day, I think... And now GovConspiracy? Just curious, how many you gonna let him in?

He's talking # about ATS?

I say it's time to bring out the ban-hammer and open a can of WHOOP-ASS!

Edit: If you continu like this, he's gonna break the record of the guy who used the more different nickname on ATS, title who was probably owned by Freemason before... (How many had he? 4? 5?...)

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

-B.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The new member, GovConpiracy is this same person who has been DavidBieniek, JeanLucPicard, and GlobalMind.

He's been saying some pretty mean things about ATS around the Internet.

Members? What say ye?

I noticed he argued PEACE IS ONLY AN ILLUSION in the last debate (poorly) against Genya. It would seem he is as well. A recurring illusion even.

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
tha is about the 4th time he has broken the rules....bann him and let us get on

u gave him a chance and he fecked up

Gryff

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I noticed there were no posting rules in the FAQ.

In any forum(let alone a conspiracy forum) the posters should understand the rules.

Seeing that members were banned will raise red flags for some.

Clarification of what is not allowed, and results of breaking the rules should be posted.

Many forums use a forumla where one or two personal messages with warnings are sent before a short suspension, followed by banning.

Not that nothing should be done about trolls....

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I noticed he argued PEACE IS ONLY AN ILLUSION in the last debate (poorly) against Genya. It would seem he is as well. A recurring illusion even.

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by RANT]

That's the first thing that came to my mind as well, put a smirk on my face.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel I noticed there were no posting rules in the FAQ.
In my sig; www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Maybe a link to the Terms an Conditions should be in the FAQ?

It seems to be fair other than one thing I find ambiguous.

"You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate."

This could include much of what is posted at a conspiracy forum, and absolute proof that something is inaccurate is sometimes impossible.

What about something controversial like Zeatalk?(Not that I care for Nancy)

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel Maybe a link to the Terms an Conditions should be in the FAQ?
It all appears in the page of information that you said you agreed to when you first created your membership. It's not possible to get an ATS account without seeing the terms first.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Haha, man thats psychaotic.

It's like multiple personalities...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Haha, man thats psychaotic.

It's like multiple personalities...

As if....

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The new member, GovConpiracy is this same person who has been DavidBieniek, JeanLucPicard, and GlobalMind.

He's been saying some pretty mean things about ATS around the Internet.

Members? What say ye?

This is really getting out of hand.

We've banned him before, so why can't we do it again? Why does he keep coming back? If he was IP banned, I take it he's using a new computer/IP?

He seems to have the same posting style for each moniker. I can't really tell what it is, or if its him or not, but I can "sense" it.

I doubt his words about ATS will affect our image or credibility seriously. Still, it's very irritating to put up with it.

Remember when he pointed out his own message board and condemned it as copy of us? I think he wan't attention, really bad. I think it'll be fun if we just put him on global ignore whenever we see him.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Is there a ban MAC address feature built into XMB?? I thought there was...maybe wrong tho...if so it would make it ALOT easier to keep him away....unless he changed NICs or went to a differnet comp.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
i say we make him go out in pain........

have him debate one of our members and his result dictates if he styas or not..........or something like that.....

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nah... he's banned now. We're a hard habit to break.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"Is there a ban MAC address feature built into XMB?? I thought there was...maybe wrong tho...if so it would make it ALOT easier to keep him away....unless he changed NICs or went to a differnet comp."

Most new NIC's, and Routers allow cloning, or designating a MAC. It would work for some, but not an experienced user.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia Is there a ban MAC address feature built into XMB??
No. And that info, if available, would need to be queried from the router, which I don't have access to. And anyway... it's one thing to notice a user's IP... it's quite another (like looking up their skirt!) to get and record their NIC card MAC.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"We've banned him before, so why can't we do it again? Why does he keep coming back? If he was IP banned, I take it he's using a new computer/IP?"

I have not seen anything by the banned poster, but I know his type well. KBOD DRACO MEGATROLL LUCIFER....

All the same collective mind. No purpose in life other than to create conflict. Sadistic pleasure from this is their opiate.

The methods are the same, and very simple. The most basic way around an IP ban is to use a dial-up connection. When you sign off, then back on again you most likely will have a different IP. The way to stop this is to ban a range of IP's from that server. This may block others on the same ISP from the forum.

The other way is to use a proxy. There are thousands of free ones, and many other pay services. Basicly it just forwards all data to you through another computer showing the IP of the proxy, not the user. After one IP is banned you simply change to another proxy. Sometimes these proxies may serve many other users who would also be banned.

You can do this yourself by finding a proxy and changing settings in the internet options in your browser.

But it is not needed if you have nothing to hide, and will only slow down your net performance so don't bother trying.

In the end there is no real way of stopping a determined troll from getting past being banned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join