It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: "JeanLucPicard" member banned.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Morbid, bite your tongue, havn't you got broadband in the Bathroom yet?

Yeah I agree with the others lets forget about whats-his-name

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't recall anyone/thing by that name at all! I beleive you all are hitting the bongs again!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Why dont the mods just pull the thread????

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Edit...and even if his IP is blocked he can still use a packet overloader and take down this site indefinantly.

That's been tried before. We have countermeasures for just such an event.

Good job!! I'm happy to hear the ATS Admins. have such things under control. In fact I congratulate the ATS IT Dept. on their work in hardening ATS security. ATS has been almost completely free from hacks or network downtime in the past 6mo. despite having so many users and expanding it's format. Good job guys/gals!!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Netchicken

Ouch! No, I haven't yet... But I did considered buying the iLoo a while ago...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Tsk tsk..ATS will never be the same with the Captain aboard

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I hate to add anymore to this ego boosting thread of his but why does it say he was online in the last 24 hours?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Aye, this is what happens when you get immature people like this William..er..Skeptic..

It's a shame some people can't just be good and participate like the rest of us eh?

-wD

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i wanted to give the good dr bienek a piece of my mind when he was posting his turd all over the site but at that point i was an observer nto a poster.... so i now post and am glad to see he has been dealt with accordingly... but i have to say he had everyone going for a bit... i stopped believing him after his story apparantly had more holes than a bangkok brothel... i also remember his attempts at posting new threads that went ignored....

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Gee let me see here,

Three pages to discuss someone being banned,

but I ask a question about how TWATS is decided every month and immediately I get people telling me that it is wrong and a waste of bandwidth?

what is wrong with this place anyways?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
heh dang neo I flipped to BTS and see THENEO lol

whats going on?

talk to me.

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Lysergic,

LOL how are you man.

I'm still around.

Now back to the topic,

since when do the mods on the web form a police force?

new to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
police force? fill me in man

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Go to the beginning of this thread and read why they banned this guy, due to receive emails from mods at other sites about his comments made at those sites.

I wonder how many people that use the web are aware of this going on? Not that it is bad but it could lead to blacklisting etc., without government involvement.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't want someone impersonating me, he was impersonating ATS staff.

Is this what you are talking about?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
No, he was banned because mods of annother website made accusations about supposed actions he was going to make against ATS.

Even if all this is true and warranted it is scary because Mods can cooperate to blacklist certain people if they really want to do so.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO No, he was banned because mods of annother website made accusations about supposed actions he was going to make against ATS.
Those supposed actions were asking for ways to hack into XMB forums to gain control of an admin account. And... they occured after he was banned. We know it was him since he registered with the same username and e-mail address (making the e-mail public in his profile) as he did here.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
DANG man, i talked to him VI u2u's i had no idea it was the good old duce david..

someone is using the same pic as the old david username so i thoughet that was him but not jeanlucpicard!

owell

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I just remembered, didn't he make a thread on Board Questions asking to be a mod? It got deleted before I could even read it. Ha.

It's really sad how people screw up their second chances after they've been banned once. It seems like alot of returning banned members do that.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
He was into risky behaviour so he deserves to be banned but I still think that people are missing my point here,

we surf the web or go to this site or other thinking that they are all separate entities out there,

but the reality is that they really are more connected than we believe,

that is my point.

is that a good thing? depends who you talk to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join