It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE(Immigration and Customs Enforcement) How do you feel about it and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
www.ice.gov...

With Federal Programs as large and as massive as ICE, why is illegal immigration still a problem?

Is ICE part of the solution or the problem? Are they serious about stopping illegal immigration?

Would ICE be more effective if it was ran by the private sector?

Personally I think ICE is about as fake as Santa Claus. They are as much an agency about disinformation as they are about confronting illegal immigration. I think the ACLU and big business are the puppet masters of this organization. Our government is run like one giant corrupt corporation who only acts in the interests of it's board of directors and ICE is the equivalent of the corporation's Enron.
If ICE was serious about illegal immigration they would have busts every day not once a month. There are over 15 million illegals in the US today and ICE only seems to be able to find about 1000 of them a week nationwide. Unless ICE is ran by ex-intelligence workers(FBI and the CIA) there is no excuse for this atrocious behaviour.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I live in Northern California and I called around to find out where the local ICE station was, what I found with just a few phone calls is that there are only 2 ICE offices in Northern California. Now I don't know about the rest of you but 2 offices to cover a population of greater than 10 million seems like it might not be sufficient to deal with the problem.

It is also important to note that police/sheriff/highway patrol cannot and do not deal with immigration problems.

This is yet one more example of how the term "illegal" only applies when the government can make money off of it. Since the government makes money off of the illegal immigrants they aren't so illegal.

Does anyone know about the ICE offices in your area, are there as few there as where I live?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My in-law is an ICE agent.

Immigration is NEVER going to be stopped fully..Period!
The administrations policy is to do only the bare minimum to spike a need for funding in the U.S.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the insight tsloan. Where is your in-law stationed and how many other stations are near by, any idea?

I thought the Bush Administration was doing as little as possible to stop illegal immigration to help the housing market and to ensure a large supply of cheap labor to feed corporate America? Did your in-law mention these as reasons for the government's inaction?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My ex is a legal resident alien. I am, unfortunately, his sponsor and there are three years left to go before I'm no longer responsible for him.

He is a drug producer/dealer, under-declared his income to the IRS by $80,000 for each of the past two years, is over $17,000 in arrears on his child support (a federal felony believe it or not), and a perjurer among other things. I've called ICE on him to try to get him deported so he'll quit harassing me and hurting the children, and nothing's happened.

So far, I'm not too impressed with ICE.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the insight MM, however which area do you live in and where is the closest ICE office? I would like this thread to address how many ICE offices there are as well as how effective they are. You told us how effective the one is in your area however which area do you live in?

Thanks again for the info MM and I am certain many here at ATS can sympathize with you and what you must be going through. Best of luck and maybe we can eventually help.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I live in Oakland and have talked directly to the office in San Francisco, as well as calling the hotline reporting number.

I just find it hard to believe that someone as criminal as my ex can get to stay despite my willingness to turn him in and testify against him.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That's just it MM, if your ex is an illegal regardless of what offenses he does in the eyes of the law(government/big business) he is innocent because he must be a hard working individual just trying to make a go. Only if he gets caught red-handed will he ever get treated like a criminal and this is very hard to do since all law enforcement have been ordered from above to avoid illegals. O yea and when he does get busted he still will be in the US just in one of our jails. We will pay for him from now on!

Anyone else know about an ICE office near them?

new topics

top topics

join