It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs, ETs are meaningless now that i think about it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
lets say tomorrow they said OK everything is real, it might have an impact on peoples beliefs but it will never impact our daily way of life because A) aliens wouldnt live here , B) the technology is so far advanced that it would be impossible to find out how it works. imagine giving a laptop to someone from the year 1000, they could never ever figure out how anything works and that is a 1000 year gap, imagine a 10,000 year gap or more. IMO i think that maybe alien diplomats would show up occassionaly and that would be the only difference. thoughts?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Of course we could figure out any technology presented to us.

There are plenty of people in the world just receiving technology that we take for granted.. electricity, lights, TV, computers, the internet.

They figure it out.

We teach people in other countries every day about modern agriculture and such..... why couldn't "aliens" teach us anything?

Would a true visitation effect our daily life? That depends on what they teach us.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
"Never ever" & "Impossible"?

Why?

I mean, sure, it would be difficult and take a while, but given manpower and time, I see no reason we couldn't understand it - the same way I see no reason someone from 1000 years ago couldn't learn to understand how a laptop works.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

Why?

I mean, sure, it would be difficult and take a while, but given manpower and time, I see no reason we couldn't understand it - the same way I see no reason someone from 1000 years ago couldn't learn to understand how a laptop works.

because the whole paradigm is completely different, what exactly would they go by to determine what a circut is or anything like that? also this is even way before electricity lol

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   

what exactly would they go by to determine what a circut is or anything like that? also this is even way before electricity

We find artifacts and such all the time, even ancient batteries, that we're able to determine the composition, purpose and operation thereof.

Given your thousands of years advanced scenario, it would seem rather apparent, if not obvious, that they would have the same abilities. No?

That is, If they are ... out there.

? thoughts ?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

Why?

very true, I definatly think we could lern what tech they had. But to be honest I dont think that they are as advanced as we think they are.

-fm

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Any discoveries as such would be one of the most valuable finds in the history of the human race. Deciphering such technology could take a hundred years, but eventually it would be worked out.

Maybe thats a tiny part of the reason there hasn't been any disclosure. I mean you can't reverse engineer technology that operates on principles that are supposedly impossible or completely outside our innovative range. Reverse engineering something so different could take a VERY long time indeed, no matter how smart you think you are.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
Any discoveries as such would be one of the most valuable finds in the history of the human race. Deciphering such technology could take a hundred years, but eventually it would be worked out.

Maybe thats a tiny part of the reason there hasn't been any disclosure. I mean you can't reverse engineer technology that operates on principles that are supposedly impossible or completely outside our innovative range. Reverse engineering something so different could take a VERY long time indeed, no matter how smart you think you are.

I could not agree with you more! I am not saying everyone else is wrong its just that this seems the most likely scenario for not having a full disclosure as of yet!

Lets say they have partially completed reverse engineering of their technology anywhere from 10-30% or even 50% for that matter. What is there to make public that has not already been made public?

The only thing governments are guilty of is under exposure, but I would say the mainstream media is more to blame than any government! Whats the last time you watched the nine o' clock news to see ufo sightings;yet we always hear about gang shootings, mexicans crossing the border illegally, iraq insurgencies and alleged alqueda videos!

The "serious" media outlets focus on what sells and lets face it...ufos, ghosts, paranormal events don't sell! Most people on this board, although down deep they know what is going on, will not even spend $20-$30 to see a video with decent footage! Why should the mainstream media treat this subject with respect when they know most people couldn't care less to begin with?!

Conclusion: Everyone is to blame to one degree or another!

top topics

join