It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Time Does NOT Exist!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
We have a number of interesting perspectives on the issue of time in here.

My take on this topic is that time is how consciousness experiences reality.

If there was no framework of time at all, then we would all experience the past, present, and future simultaneously. We do not.

Which is why past lives are in the past.

Sure, we can tune into vivid memories of former lifetimes and the Interlife (or period in-between incarnations) in mystical experiences related to meditation and channeling, but that is not the same thing as actually being there.

Our past (i.e., this particular time-line) cannot be changed one iota, the present can be altered depending on our actions and inactions, and there are possible futures as well as probable futures.

Change the present and you change the future.

Granted, if it were possible to travel faster than the speed of light for time travel, would it also be possible to venture into one or more parallel time-lines in the distant past?

I believe so.

But is it possible to venture into a future that has yet to exist?

I highly doubt it, as there would be no where to go

To sum up, time exists but only for us to experience reality, as that is its purpose.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87
and imo without time there would be chaos
how would you know when to go to work and worse again how would you know when its time to leave, thats one example of why time is needed

No, "time" is just sequential events. Time is a very manmade concept. It has no reality in the grand scheme of things. None.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
Time and Space are the SAME THING.

Technically, space does not exist either. There is really no such thing as "empty" space. At the sub atomic level, what we consider "space" is actually curved and teeming with activity.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Since there is a lot of dimension talk going on here I'd like to see dimensions explained.

First off there can be no dimensions without all the "dimensions", thus there really are no dimensions.

To take a thing and make it completely flat, no width whatsoever would cause it to completely diss apppear. As was stated in the OP, the scientists of today are corrupt and more so trying tosound fancy and make a name for themselves rather than truly think

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Also the fact that when you fall asleep and wake up in the morning,8 hours of sleep happened instantly,Same with people in a Coma,5 years they wake up and have no clue 5 years passed.So I can see that Time is not real.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Time and Space are the SAME THING.

Technically, space does not exist either. There is really no such thing as "empty" space. At the sub atomic level, what we consider "space" is actually curved and teeming with activity.

I agree with you on all apart from the space being curved at the subatomic level. I don't buy einsteins idea that mass warps space, because i believe he is fundamentally wrong in his ideas.

Not that space/time matters anyway. The physical universe is not all that exists..

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Not that space/time matters anyway. The physical universe is not all that exists..

The physical is all that Exists and there is no beyond Existence, for that does not Exist.

I agree, Einstein was a great scientist, but knew little about Existence, his philosophical reasoning could have used a bit of work

[edit on 21-3-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Time is the rate of entropy relative to the speed of light. The faster you go, the slower entropy becomes. It's really that simple and tested.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Time is the rate of entropy relative to the speed of light. The faster you go, the slower entropy becomes. It's really that simple and tested.

Entropy is all ready at an equillibrium and perfect state. Who measured the speed of light, and how? Light is eternally everywhere, everywhere that has no boundaries. Now, does it travel or is it just Existing every where? Now if it is Existing every where, then we are traveling in and of light, we are the light traveling, thus it has no maximum speed and simply is. Speed is not a limit.

Tested by who? Stephen Hawkings and Albert Einstein? Their "time" is passed by the "now" and that is why their time is passed.

It is simple and tested, here it failed

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

The physical is all that Exists and there is no beyond Existence, for that does not Exist.

I agree, Einstein was a great scientist, but knew little about Existence, his philosophical reasoning could have used a bit of work

I wasnt referring to another physical reality outside of the universe we know, rather, the hyperdimensional reality that exists within all of the physical. There is a world right infront of your eyes which we can not percieve with our normal 2 eyes. This is where the third eye, pineal gland, '___', and so forth come into play. It is a world which makes no sense to those who have not experienced it for themselves...

"No one can be told what the Matrix is...you have to see it for yourself"

Consciousness is all that exists. There is nothing outside of this, because it takes an observer to observe "nothing", thus there really is no true "nothing" because it can not be observed... just a little something i was pondering upon

And yes, Einstein had alot to learn. He was a very good thinker and observer, but thats where it ended. He was continually searching for the truth "out there" rather than "within". Nikola Tesla was 10x the genius Einstein ever was, he understood that everything is based upon oscillation/vibration.

"When the solution is simple, God is answering." - Einstein

What could be more simple that understanding your own awareness, realising that you are here in the now. Consciousness is as simple as it gets, until you start to question and measure it...its like trying to measure a ruler using the ruler itself...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Answer me this:

If you have a box with height, width and debth, how could it exist without time?

Without time...
...There would be no way for us to determine that it exists because it takes time for light to reflect off of the box and hit our eyes.
...Sound would not exist because it takes time for sound waves to travel, so even bats couldn't tell it exists.
...The box would need to occupy space, but for how long? Only time will tell!

I personally believe that time is an immeasurable constant.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Enter Zeno, stage left:

Who noted the paradox that you can never get anywhere. To get from point A to point B, so his idea goes, you have to first get halfway there, point C; but to get to C, you first have to get halfway there, to D..,etc., until you follow the infinite regression and find you're still at A.

We all know you can get from A to B (otherwise we couldn't be posting on this thread and watching it develop and having this discussion); but you're applying his regression paradox to time, which is also infinite.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I wasnt referring to another physical reality outside of the universe we know, rather, the hyperdimensional reality that exists within all of the physical. There is a world right infront of your eyes which we can not percieve with our normal 2 eyes. This is where the third eye, pineal gland, '___', and so forth come into play. It is a world which makes no sense to those who have not experienced it for themselves...

Ah, I see where you are going, agreed : - ) But outside of the uni-verse? Is there such a thing if nothing does not Exist? How would this so called "uni-verse" have an ending, that which would have to be consisting of an Existing nothingness? (Nothing can not Exist)

Consciousness is all that exists. There is nothing outside of this, because it takes an observer to observe "nothing", thus there really is no true "nothing" because it can not be observed... just a little something i was pondering upon

Excellent

And yes, Einstein had alot to learn. He was a very good thinker and observer, but thats where it ended. He was continually searching for the truth "out there" rather than "within". Nikola Tesla was 10x the genius Einstein ever was, he understood that everything is based upon oscillation/vibration.

Agreed, Tesla was brilliant, Einstein wanted his name to be remembered and was a bit bitter.

Consciousness is as simple as it gets, until you start to question and measure it...its like trying to measure a ruler using the ruler itself...

Well then it would all ready be done for you
Measuring a six inch ruler with that six inch ruler its self is all ready equated. It's within, remember? Just as in the case of the ruler: Existence, consciousness, us, only need know the self to measure the self and to realize that it is immeasurable 'out side of the self', which would be that nothingness (outside of Existence) and cause it to recognize its never ending presence

Thank you, shrunkensimon!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemithesis

Eternity, never ending and never beginning, we are on the brink of understanding physical Existence. Where time is our creation, limits inside of the limitless, yet the limits allowing the limitless to comprise of all possible avenues including those limits within.

We are the creators of reality

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemithesis
Answer me this:

If you have a box with height, width and debth, how could it exist without time?

Without time...
...There would be no way for us to determine that it exists because it takes time for light to reflect off of the box and hit our eyes.
...Sound would not exist because it takes time for sound waves to travel, so even bats couldn't tell it exists.
...The box would need to occupy space, but for how long? Only time will tell!

When you say "it takes time", you kinda of paradoxing yourself...how can time take time?

The light/sound going from the box to your senses....travellin through space over a period of time. But the time it takes for it to reach your eyes/ears is not a measurable value..;

Who denoted that 1 second should equal a second? Or 1 cm should be 1cm? They are values based upon ratios. They make no sense by themselves, and need each other to make sense!

time and space are not seperate, but infact the same thing.

As for measuring time and it being constant. yes, it can not be measured because time exists because it does...there is no scale to measure it against. As i said before, its like trying to measure a ruler using the very same ruler.. but is it a constant? If we can not measure it, how can we be sure it is not changing itself, or changing because we are trying to observe it?..

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A thing that is constant can all so be constantly changing.

Nothing is constant because it is ever stagnant and every thing is constant be cause it is ever changing

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
.....and this matters because? .....it will change our lives how?

Nice collection of words, but my life works the way it is, couldn't give a monkies if we understand time - understanding what makes my son smile is a little higher up my agenda....

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Ah, I see where you are going, agreed : - ) But outside of the uni-verse? Is there such a thing if nothing does not Exist? How would this so called "uni-verse" have an ending, that which would have to be consisting of an Existing nothingness? (Nothing can not Exist)

This is something i have been thinking alot about lately. Is there an edge to the universe? Is the universe even expanding at all, or is something else going on which has got us confused? It is a mind boggler thats for sure! I think im coming to the conclusion that there is no edge to the universe, but i have yet to get my head around it and put it down into words (my language skills are rubbish at the best of times!)

Agreed, Tesla was brilliant, Einstein wanted his name to be remembered and was a bit bitter.

indeed. tesla was a true humanitarian, a true human if you will, who only wished to make life easier for everyone else, and not for himself. Einstein on the other hand...has probably made things more difficult for humanity with his half complete theories, which have remained the standard in schools for some time. Having said that, Einstein was still a great thinker no doubt!

Well then it would all ready be done for you
Measuring a six inch ruler with that six inch ruler its self is all ready equated. It's within, remember? Just as in the case of the ruler: Existence, consciousness, us, only need know the self to measure the self and to realize that it is immeasurable 'out side of the self', which would be that nothingness (outside of Existence) and cause it to recognize its never ending presence

*visualizes a flower coming into bloom in a timelapse video*

Very well put my friend

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quackmaster
.....and this matters because? .....it will change our lives how?

Nice collection of words, but my life works the way it is, couldn't give a monkies if we understand time - understanding what makes my son smile is a little higher up my agenda....

Agreed, love is most important, but where is this love if Daddy is working 9 hours a day?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This is something i have been thinking alot about lately. Is there an edge to the universe? Is the universe even expanding at all, or is something else going on which has got us confused? It is a mind boggler thats for sure! I think im coming to the conclusion that there is no edge to the universe, but i have yet to get my head around it and put it down into words (my language skills are rubbish at the best of times!)

Nothing can and can not be transcended nor attained, only half way understood; Nothing is dichotomous: Existing as an expression so that we may know never ending Existence ("uni-verse"), and not Existing so that we may know its expression.

It never ends simon, it never ends
Thus time never began and time will never end, time is a creation of human reality/illusion

indeed. tesla was a true humanitarian, a true human if you will, who only wished to make life easier for everyone else, and not for himself. Einstein on the other hand...has probably made things more difficult for humanity with his half complete theories, which have remained the standard in schools for some time. Having said that, Einstein was still a great thinker no doubt!

You have quite the mind on you, it's a pleasure to converse.

*visualizes a flower coming into bloom in a timelapse video*

Very well put my friend

I pictured that with you : )

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join