It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A documentary gave me some new info on 9-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Last night (Sunday) I was watching a 9-11 documentary and to my surprise there was something mentioned that never once have I heard in all the footage that I have poured over. There were two survivors from the first tower hit that actually had part of the plane in their offices. One guy was shoved across his office and he saw a wing in his wall. Another, a woman says a plane section was in her office as well. Now this is news to me, because from what I recall, the fuel kind of vaporized everything in it’s path. If the fuel was everywhere and fire was consuming those floors, how on earth did these people survive? Another woman gives an account of being four floors below the plane and was still able to escape safely. She said the stairs were very crowded. I realize that many got out, but I had no idea so many were so close to the plane itself. Does this change many theories that are out there? Am I the only clod who missed this info all this time? I want to have another look into this aspect of 9-11. Does anybody have more info?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Immediately after the first plane hit, people did get out. Who saw what and where, however, is fuzzy at best.

The people in the offices where the aircraft actually hit did not get out AFAIK.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There's this notion that in an event everything magically evaporates. But it simply doesn't work that way. It's not like the Pentagon which is mostly concrete. The towers are mostly empty space.

I'd be willing to bet that had it not been for the collapse, most of the plane would have been recovered.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm sure this would change some people's minds on the "no planes" theory, but I think most would just say that those witnesses are government plants paid to say those things.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't think your idea that the plane would have been vaporized fits the facts, particularly since they say the tail end of the plane was seen. If you recall the second crash that we all saw on our tv's there was a huge fireball outside the building. I think this means that the fuel in the tanks continued forward through momentum even though parts of the tanks and airplanes may have not continued on.

All I am saying is that parts of the plane would not seem to me to be abnormal, well except to those that think it was a hologram for them this could be a bummer. I would in fact expect some people to see plane parts in those floors that were hit. As far as living through it I know some did but you know those were the ones on the opposite side of the crash, they had that center concrete section to protect them from the crash and fuel. I do not think anyone on the side of the crash and on the floors of the crash lived though.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Question for the original poster: Do you have the name or other information about the documentary you were watching? The witnesses you refer to would have to be high on the interview wish list for a number of investigators.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nah, I caught the tail end of the program plus it was some time ago.
It was the strangest thing to hear though. The motivator behind my post was hoping that someone else would recognize which program it was.

About the vaporizing part, I was acknowledging the authors of numerous threads here. I personally don't believe the whole fuel vaporizing concrete theory.

I guess I was the only member who caught it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
but I think most would just say that those witnesses are government plants paid to say those things.

Well that is a possibility, it's ignorant to completely rule it out. If it's an inside job, and I think it is, then the planting of false witnesses (beware of false witnesses) should not surprise anyone.

But that point aside, this information only effects the 'no plane' theorists, not the collapse itself. No one should be married to a theory they cannot prove, so it really doesn't matter if there were real planes or not. The building could still not have collapsed from the aircraft impacts and the fire.

Just more time wasted arguing over irrelevant points.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have decided to dedicate some time to search out some testimony. Perhaps I will get lucky and stumble upon those survivors who claim that they saw the plane debris on impact.

So far I have found George Sleigh who claims to have seen the plane moments prior to impact. He says that he 'saw' into the cockpit a moment before the plane smashed the floors above him. I know that he is not one of the two whom I saw, but, it is a start.

I'll follow up here in this thread since it has been reborn.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
SUCCESS #1

Survivor link

Stanley Praimnath

Stanley Praimnath of Elmont, Long Island was standing at his desk on the 81st floor of WTC 2 when he saw the second plane coming apparently directly for his window. He dived under the desk. It hit somewhere above him, but a flaming wing of the plane landed in the doorway of his department. He was buried in debris, and there was no exit. He prayed, found extraordinary physical strength, broke through a wall with the help of a man with a flashlight, and made it out of the building.

Praimnath's story was told on the BBC docudrama 9/11: The Twin Towers (a.k.a. Inside the Twin Towers).

[edit on 5/7/07 by shadow watcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well i hope this gives a swift kick in the potatoes to all those jackasses trying to tell us that the planes were holograms!

... i still havent figured out if these people are trying to discredit the 9/11 truth movement and make us all look like internet wackos.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
SUCCESS #1

Survivor link

Stanley Praimnath

Stanley Praimnath of Elmont, Long Island was standing at his desk on the 81st floor of WTC 2 when he saw the second plane coming apparently directly for his window. He dived under the desk. It hit somewhere above him, but a flaming wing of the plane landed in the doorway of his department. He was buried in debris, and there was no exit. He prayed, found extraordinary physical strength, broke through a wall with the help of a man with a flashlight, and made it out of the building.

Praimnath's story was told on the BBC docudrama 9/11: The Twin Towers (a.k.a. Inside the Twin Towers).

[edit on 5/7/07 by shadow watcher]

Good work Shadow Watcher.

I am very pleased that you created this thread, I saw the same documentary on discovery and my immediate reaction was the very same as yours especially after reading so many threads/posts on ATS regarding the various theories surrounding the twin towers.
Although it was some time ago I remember one of the interviewees, a middle aged gentleman, possibly the Stanley Praimnath mentioned in your link above talking on camera about seeing, I think it was part of the wing he said come through the windows of his office floor and the incredible noise and subsequent fire and smoke which resulted from the impact.
I thought of creating a thread on this at the time but I was sure that this professionally produced documentary would have been seen by virtually anyone interested in the events of 9/11.
I recall thinking to myself 'wow, that's the first time I've heard a survivor actually state that they had seen the plane.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thanks

Now do you remember the second witness? I remember it being an older female. She mentions the nose I believe. I hope this jars someone's memory. I am confused as to how folk so close to imact live to tell the tale, but they did.

I hope I find witness #2.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Thanks

Now do you remember the second witness? I remember it being an older female. She mentions the nose I believe. I hope this jars someone's memory. I am confused as to how folk so close to imact live to tell the tale, but they did.

I hope I find witness #2.

Yes, that's right, she was an african american lady as far as I can recall.
I will do my best to help find her name at least.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe this was the documentary, correct me if I'm wrong:

if you click on the 'meet the heroes' link (bottom left)
it lists the biographies of the eyewitnesses / survivors including Stanley Praimnath.
Shadow was this the woman in question:

Dianne DeFontes
Escaped from North Tower, 89th floor

" On 9/11, Dianne was working as the main receptionist for a major law firm, Drinker, Biddle & Reath. After voting in the city elections en route to work, Dianne arrived at her office early and was alone when the first plane hit. She loved the World Trade Center, and had worked there for many years. It was a home away from home for her: The train brought her directly into the complex; her favorite shoe shop was there; and she bought her breakfast from the same shop assistant every day.

When the plane hit the tower, she thought at first that it was a bomb. (She’d been on her way into work in 1993 when the garage bomb went off.) On 9/11, she was preparing to leave when Rick Bryan and other staff from MetLife came into her office. They told her the building had been hit by a plane, and that there were problems evacuating to the stairwell. Later they were freed by Frank de Martini and Dianne was able to make her way out of the building. There was so much smoke and dust that when she got outside the North Tower, she didn’t even realize the South Tower had already fallen – then she saw the North Tower collapsing."

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I did some surface digging and every version of her story has no mention of plane debris. You would think that this debris would make it into at least a few interviews. I think this was not her.

I will look more tomorrow at work.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I did some surface digging and every version of her story has no mention of plane debris. You would think that this debris would make it into at least a few interviews. I think this was not her.

I will look more tomorrow at work.

Sorry I somehow managed to leave out the link in my post above,
here it is:

dsc.discovery.com...)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
bumping this thread as it is quite interesting for no-planers to read as well as those who talk about the incredible conflagration the spilling jet fuel caused.

unfortunately the thread title would never clue you in to the content.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If there is one thing that life teaches us -- then it’s that people lie like rugs.

It doesn’t matter who says they saw what if the physics preclude it from being possible. Yes, I’m a 9-11 no-planer. And so are plenty of others. Especially people from the aviation field. Such as professional pilots and aircraft mechanics.

I strongly suspect that John Lear is at least partially a no-planer. I don’t mean to speak for him. But I highly respect his insights. Plus he's a man of utter integrity. He is our ATS in-house expert. And he seems to have at the very least strong reservations about planes flying into the WTC’s.

So, nuff said. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sorry about the title, at the time I wasn't sure which way to frame my discovery. There is another dbris witness that came forward. I just wish I could find out more about her. I have not yet figured out if they are being genuine or not. The particularly matter of fact way the details were given, I am led to believe they are being truthful. The debris was mentioned only once (that I could find) and seemed to gather no interest at the time. I do not suspect a motive from what I have gathered.

top topics

join