It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: New Board Code Update: Thread Display

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
congratz djohnsto77

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
well I'm confused, but when aren't I

I did find this though, I think it is new

But it's only the 19th

[edit on 19/3/2007 by Sauron]

I strongly suggest you sign up for timedrifter's field trip to the future and the past. clearly you are what he's looking for.

required gear: pair of nikes and two rolls of quarters.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but for some reason everyone is a conspiracy master after SO's post. Is it just me or is this a bug?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I see the same thing in that thread. Plus, S.O.'s "one of the three amigos" thingy is missing from his miniprofile there. I haven't seen this anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but for some reason everyone is a conspiracy master after SO's post. Is it just me or is this a bug?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

that's funny

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Contest is off? djohn won?
Since page 2 I've been wrenching my mind, comparing data with bars that could resemble mine. Had something to do with the length of time being a member I figured. But okay it's off, I can set my mind back on doo-dee-lee-doo.

And live with the fact my beutifull pink bar groving has been reduced to a stub. Well in a few years time I can brag about it again.

BTW reporting bucks, I got this one when I used the forward button:

Parse error: parse error in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/viewthread.php on line 433

Got in on this page.

Anyway, thanks Skeptic for putting an edit button at the top of the profile too.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
BTW reporting bucks, I got this one when I used the forward button:

Parse error: parse error in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/viewthread.php on line 433

i got that a couple of times earlier tonight...

everything seems fine now...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
never mind its been ans.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I see the "black bar of doom" club has been disbanded, and I got the short end of the stick

The king has ruleth it is now ye quantity above ye quality,
so let ye spammy posts begineth!

Need bar enhancement? Get Postzyte!

[edit on 19-3-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've followed this thread, and I've read every post.

My only comment about the new post bar is:

I don't like it.:shk:
The old post bar was more informative with just a glance.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
I see the "black bar of doom" club has been disbanded, and I got a short end of the stick

It looks like poor marg only had 3 more applauses to go before breaking hers. Now I don't feel so bad, I still had like 21 to go.

[edit on 3/19/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It looks like poor marg only had 3 more applauses to go before breaking hers. Now I don't feel so bad, I still had like 21 to go.

At least your bar doesn't look like Bob Dole after a cold shower.

Ah well just eye candy anyway....

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

The king has ruleth it is now ye quantity above ye quality,
so let ye spammy posts begineth!

Yea, now I need to post a ton of crap just to have a bigger one than the other guy.
I hope this decision will be reconsidered.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Don't mind the new bar, I just think we should have the hoover function showing postnumber back. THAT was very informative.

And Regen... we have to join the chit-chat club, if we wanna make it.

Start some "Watsa.." threads.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Yea, now I need to post a ton of crap

Maybe I should just remove the bar then?

I thought ATS members considered higher standards than that.

I really never considered that replacing the item (clearly for performance reasons) would have this effect. If our members become so fixated in this comparative representation of post contributions, then we'll be forced to remove it completely.

Your new extended profiles are one-click away... where a wealth of data about your contributions is much more accessible than deciphering the colors, rollover, and length of a bar.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'll take the speed enhancement over the old bar any day.

The new bar is fine, and the site is working much better. I was starting to get a lot of "lost network connection" errors and hung pages and stuff like that before. Now it's really fast, no problems at all.

[edit on 3/19/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I thought ATS members considered higher standards than that.

I really never considered that replacing the item (clearly for performance reasons) would have this effect.

Not at all, I just think you should consider the competitive nature of intelligent members of our species. It's in our nature to have things that show we are better than others that are our equals. Even if it's beads, more wives, a bigger pot to piss in, or any other insignificant mark of our territory.
Whats the point in giving out a gold medal at the Olympics if the Bronze is just the same ?

I think members take pride in their post bar, and this change is causing some grief.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Yea, now I need to post a ton of crap

Please don't!

Just a lotta phallos fixated males on ATS, don't give'm too much attention.
...and yeah, your right a wealth of information in the profiles now.

Now you can actually check if you got more applauses than Springer ..or Skeptic. Wuz a hell of a hassle just to count your own in the inbox.

Appriciate your work, Skeptic.

[edit to add]
Now you actually have access to the confident information of others members applauses. More openness

[edit on 19-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

Just a lotta phallos fixated males on ATS, don't give'm too much attention.
...and yeah, your right a wealth of information in the profiles now.

Now you can actually check if you got more applauses than Springer

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect the work that SkepticOverlord does to continue bringing us the best boards on the web. And I appreciate all the additions that have been made to member profiles and such.

I just hope the post bar can remain the same, and at the same time, keep all the other enhancements he's added to the boards.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I just hope the post bar can remain the same, and at the same time, keep all the other enhancements he's added to the boards.

SO already explained that the applause data are in another table. Part of the speed enhancement comes from eliminating the extra table from the query, so the applause data are no longer available to the code that creates the miniprofile, hence the need to change how the bar is displayed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join