It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Steven Greers latest conference

page: 2
16
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonmagus
Greer is smart enough to understand his actions. Why is he bringing up new age metaphysics when it can be used to discredit him? Even if true, there is nothing positive that can result from his new age metaphysical claims.

I've personally had experience with spontaneous telepathy but will never share in public. Why would anyone want to be branded as a kook? He is basically asking for it. When it comes to UFOs and their technology, the only facts that matter are what can be proven and independently duplicated. Greer, please stick to the issues that are solid (meant literally and figuratively).

There must be a reason behind Greer's public claims and I don't think it is a good one. Has he given up or given in to the fight for disclosure?


A pure hearted, well intentioned man would. You say the whole truth, you don't say half of it. He doesn't speak what you want to hear, what would make you feel alright or better about yourself. He speaks the truth. He speaks for the people that are ready to move on with all this. As simple as that. He speaks truly of what he experienced in the past without any restrains. I don't think we have many more years before disclosure. Fasten your seat belts.




posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
Ok, I am watching it - I think Greer is loosing some credibility because he is turning this into a "New Age" religion.

He should have left it to a scientific / witness discussion - instead of "Cosmology" - I am very disappointed.

It's now about money.


Sorry for the edit - but HOW can anyone with a scientific mind take anything what he says at face value... I thought the disclosure project was going to get the ball rolling - now I see that it is just a wacky ride for people who are caught up in the 'new age' religious beliefs of the minority of the UFO believers.

Seems very dis-informative to me... thus placing Greer among a long line of non-scientific 'kooks' making mass profits off of people with books, conferences and DVDs...

I know many will attack my views about this - but look at it from a scientific level. I believe UFOs exist - but for the public to accept this as fact - you don't make it spiritual - you make it scientific and present facts.

MAN AM I DISAPPOINTED.


[edit on 3/11/2007 by kroms33]


i for one completely agree . there be no attacking from me . but im sure
that alot of people will throw up the old " but it takes money " arguement . i lost alot of respect for greer when he pulled that "insider"
from seti said that they recieved a signal , and seti said it was a lie . now , im not fan of seth showstead-sp? - but he made a huge point , seti only has 4-5 employee's and all them said they weren't the source and greer
said it was someone "different " . i think he just hadn't been in the news
and had a new book coming out and needed the exposure .



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Actually the last conference by Dr. Steve Greer was on
February 25, 2007 at the International UFO Congress
in Laughlin, Nevada. I was there and this one received
a standing ovation by the audience.



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
OMG, I never knew he was such a good speaker! He makes small jokes on his own expence all the time, winning the audiences trust. Doesnt he even try to prove anything anylonger?
Wonder what all his 400+ witnesses from the gov/military thinks of all this.

Also weird, claiming he has incredible footage but not bringing it to a paying audience?
A connected man told me over 2 years ago that Greer had a personal agenda. I didnt want to believe that, but now I think maybe he was right.

Meditating for 8 hours as a child?

WHo does that!?



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think what we are all witnessing here is a man who saught after the truth and enevidablly found it. And with finding and embracing such a thing, a mental and spiritual groth has forthcome. Knowing and understanding the true form of the alien race lay in a "spiritual" nature, he has shifted his teaching accordingly.

Having said this, I am still a meat and potatoes kinda guy and knowing your audience is as important as the message one wishes to get across. I can understand his motivation but fail to see why such a lack of grounded testimonial is necessary.

I understand pioneers of any kind seem out of context initally but with such a delicate and important topic pertaining to every single person alive, keeping a bridge intact for anyone to venture on should have been fitting here..

[edit on 11-3-2007 by HomeBrew]



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Actually the last conference by Dr. Steve Greer was on
February 25, 2007 at the International UFO Congress
in Laughlin, Nevada. I was there and this one received
a standing ovation by the audience.


Standing ovations don't mean anything - President Bush gets standing ovations and most of his own countrymen can't stand him.

If all the people in the room are like minded to exactly what you are talking about - it would be very easy to get standing ovations.



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tock
A pure hearted, well intentioned man would. You say the whole truth, you don't say half of it. He doesn't speak what you want to hear, what would make you feel alright or better about yourself. He speaks the truth. He speaks for the people that are ready to move on with all this. As simple as that. He speaks truly of what he experienced in the past without any restrains. I don't think we have many more years before disclosure. Fasten your seat belts.




What you fail to realize is this: Statements pertaining to a UFO/Alien spirituality belong no where near a project that is supposed to be extracting the truth from the clutches of the US government. WHY? you perhaps might ask - AS I have stated:

People will not take the event/dialog seriously. It makes researchers (such as myself and many others) look like idiots and kooks. What a disservice this guy Greer did for humanity.

No wonder why his supporters won't come on and debate this; a lot of people are blood thirsty right now.
IF you are looking for disclosure from any government or scientific aspect of humanity - you never, ever bring your new age metaphysical belief system into a scientific forum. You get your witnesses, and get your facts - and after you have won/lost THEN you bring out the kook you are.

This guy - I don't have anything good to say about him right now.

IF he has this footage - he needs to show it or shut up. If this G8 country is going public with aliens - he needs to make it happen or SHUT UP.

Personally - I don't believe a word he says anymore - its just a plan for him to sell more books and DVDs - and tickets to his conventions...
Tell me - How much does it cost to sit in and listen to this quacks lectures?



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I watched the "Lecture" directly from the original link before I read any of the comments posted, and I agree with practically everything already stated. I'am just flabbergasted!

A whole body of work sinks beneath a camped-up presentation that had practically nothing to do with the original goal of his organisation.

A better hatchet job I have never seen. Maybe he was payed a visit by the same people who suggested David Ickes lizardman punchline.

I'll cling to the hope that his G7 Close encounters scenario has some substance to it.

I have sympathy for his spiritual hypothosis, but this is going to seriously weeken his credibility as most of you have pointed out.

What a crying shame!



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI
I watched the "Lecture" directly from the original link before I read any of the comments posted, and I agree with practically everything already stated. I'am just flabbergasted!

A whole body of work sinks beneath a camped-up presentation that had practically nothing to do with the original goal of his organisation.

A better hatchet job I have never seen. Maybe he was payed a visit by the same people who suggested David Ickes lizardman punchline.

I'll cling to the hope that his G7 Close encounters scenario has some substance to it.

I have sympathy for his spiritual hypothosis, but this is going to seriously weeken his credibility as most of you have pointed out.

What a crying shame!



You know - I have talked with a few people 'in-the-know" (not about UFOs but other Top Secret stuff - which I will not discuss) and they suggested perhaps this is the case.
Perhaps he was approached and told "or else." This would enhance disbelief and shut down the disclosure project rapidly.
Does anyone know how long Greer has had this 'Spiritual Awakening' ??
From the beginning or is this a new 'idea' of his.
I don't know if that is the scenario - doubtful.
I have lost all respect for the disclosure project.

Those poor people who came forward - under the battle flag of a kook - or even perhaps a sell out to the very enemy that "Disclosure" is fighting against.

We will never know.

What sucks about this cloak and dagger crap is its all speculation.

I doubt it is the case because someone like Greer would have had a contingency plan - if something would have happened.

I don't know - I am rambling about this - I guess that is how disappointed I am.



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I hear ya Kroms33.

I've followed his work since the late nineties. And back at that start his new age prospectives where not presented at all.

He was for the most part an unassuming, suit and tie, almost shy guy. He seems to have adapted the personna of a Breakfast TV host. I really just don't get it.

I would love to hear from those who know him and his work better that I, to see if my take is accurate or not.

I'am more than happy to be corrected because I truely want to understand what I saw.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Seeker PI]



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I believe, though I can't cite examples, that Greer's work always had a touch of the spiritual, but certainly never to this extent. I'm thinking mainly of the 'aliens are benign and here to help humanity' plus the 'meditate to manifest UFOs' elements here, but I think they've always been there to a certain extent.

I see a couple of possibilities on this one:

-Greer was always a disinfo agent, set up as a respectable credible researcher early on to draw in so many eyewitnesses, only to turn 'spiritual' - which leads to the tarring all of his witnesses with the same brush

-Someone 'got to' Greer.

-Greer has undergone a personal spiritual experience and has been blinded by it so that he doesn't realise that the greater public has yet to go through this carthasis, so any presentation given from this viewpoint will have no impact on them whatsoever (similar to the way a newly converted Christian doesn't understand that the world around them doesn't see this 'great gift they just got for free that they want to tell everyone about' etc in the same light)

For my part, the Disclosure Project was doomed from the beginning. It was a fantastic concept, but the fact that they tried to tie the de-weaponisation of space into the same project killed it. I don't like the idea of guns in space either, but they're different goals with different approaches. Trying to bring the two together will only turn away people who are for and against each.



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yeah Seeker PI - I would like the same questions answered.

Has he always thought this way - or is this a new thing...

If it is new - it changes the perspective a bit.

Kroms33



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
I believe, though I can't cite examples, that Greer's work always had a touch of the spiritual, but certainly never to this extent. I'm thinking mainly of the 'aliens are benign and here to help humanity' plus the 'meditate to manifest UFOs' elements here, but I think they've always been there to a certain extent.

I see a couple of possibilities on this one:

-Greer was always a disinfo agent, set up as a respectable credible researcher early on to draw in so many eyewitnesses, only to turn 'spiritual' - which leads to the tarring all of his witnesses with the same brush

-Someone 'got to' Greer.

-Greer has undergone a personal spiritual experience and has been blinded by it so that he doesn't realise that the greater public has yet to go through this carthasis, so any presentation given from this viewpoint will have no impact on them whatsoever (similar to the way a newly converted Christian doesn't understand that the world around them doesn't see this 'great gift they just got for free that they want to tell everyone about' etc in the same light)

For my part, the Disclosure Project was doomed from the beginning. It was a fantastic concept, but the fact that they tried to tie the de-weaponisation of space into the same project killed it. I don't like the idea of guns in space either, but they're different goals with different approaches. Trying to bring the two together will only turn away people who are for and against each.


Interesting perspectives


All the scenarios presented are plausible - I can't think of any more that would apply to Greer...

My opinion about 'weaponizing space': It would be like playing Russian Roulette. I don't know what the agenda was for him saying that these creatures are benevolent in nature. Lets just say abductions are true for arguments sake: taking people without their permission for experimental research - that is not benevolent in any way.

If there supposedly are all these 'species' that are visiting this planet; couldn't there be the possibility that at least some of these creatures could be hostile? It doesn't seem like his de-weaponizing space scenario really plays out to well on a logic level. Doing such an act would place the whole of humanity in jeopardy - IF these aliens exist.



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the insight theStev.

What really troubles me is this.

The origianal premise was first disclosure and then contact. He now has the Disclosure element in place and says he has tacit agreement with a G7 nation to stage a Contact event.

If you have all your ducks in a row, and you firmly believe the whole thrust of the excersise is to now get all the information to as many people as possible. Then why would you not go straight to Fox and get a Close Encounters 3 live special in place to do exactly that.

We all know the media is manipulted, but do you think they will turn down the opportunity to sell MacDonalds airtime during the greatest live show on earth, Can you imagine what the audience figures would be.

No. Something is very wrong here.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Seeker PI]



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI
Thanks for the insight theStev.

What really troubles me is this.

The origianal premise was first disclosure and then contact. He now has the Disclosure element in place and says he has tacit agreement with a G7 nation to stage a Contact event.

If you have all your ducks in a row, and you firmly believe the whole thrust of the excersise is to now get all the information to as many people as possible. Then why would you not go straight to Fox and get a Close Encounters 3 live special in place to do exactly that.

We all know the media is manipulted, but do you think they will turn down the opportunity to sell MacDonalds airtime during the greatest live show on earth, Can you imagine what the audience figures would be.

No. Something is very wrong here.


Yeah, something isn't right. I don't know the chess game that is being played - but I kind of know how 'they' play it. It seems familiar as a disinformation campaign - but its a lot more then that. Think about it. This guy just got 450+ witnesses from the government to come forward and look like idiots following some 'new age' messiah...

What may be happening is further suppression of the government ever coming forward about the truth. Over half of the population in the USA believes UFOs are real - (78% I think - dont quote me - but it is a majority).

Some chess move had to take place to discredit everyone... and BAM...

I have been talking about this 'case' at length with some people : IF these people were telling the truth (which is doubtful - to some) the government most likely set them up as dupes. IF Greer was on to something - he would have been 'talked to' (or perhaps not) and if he didn't shut up - he would have died in a way that would have made him look like even more of a kook (heavens gate?). Also, if all of the people involved actually knew something - they would have never had the chance to come clean and tell the public.... they would have died one way or another. ITs all cloak and dagger hearsay... I don't know what to believe - but I definitely don't have sympathy for Greer. He knew what he was dealing with when he began this project....
For all I know - I am being lied to (stories and all) LOL - so who knows what the truth is.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by kroms33]
SORRY FOR THE HEAVY EDITING - I had to do it... hope it makes at least 'some sense'


[edit on 3/12/2007 by kroms33]



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tock
A pure hearted, well intentioned man would. You say the whole truth, you don't say half of it. He doesn't speak what you want to hear, what would make you feel alright or better about yourself. He speaks the truth. He speaks for the people that are ready to move on with all this. As simple as that. He speaks truly of what he experienced in the past without any restrains.


Im fully with you on this one tock.

The harsh words leveled at Dr. Greer in this thread, simply because he was standing up for what he truly and sincerely believed in, are puzzling to me.


I mean, we are not talking about the infalliable Pope here, Dr. Greer is just a human being, like you and me.

Is he not allowed to express what he feels in his heart?

Has he ever said in his lectures, "Everything i say is the ultimate truth"?
No, he hasnt.
In fact,Dr. Greer has told us repeatedly, do your own homework, be skeptical, but not irrationally skeptical.

More importantly,has he ever said in his lectures
"I represent the religious and spiritual beliefs of ALL the members and contributers of the Disclosure Project, all 500 of them??
Absolutely NOT!

And let me ask you this.
Are we really qualified to pass judgements on him? Honestly?

Have we even done half the work Steven Greer has in bringing MASSIVE attention and credibility, YES,credibility to this whole UFO/Alien issue?
We can see just how passionate and sincere he is in his quest to hold a congressional hearing, to bring this in the Media spotlight more and more, so more and more people know about it, and a CRITICAL MASS is reached!!

I mean, its a no-brainer!
Publicity is EXACTLY what is needed at the moment, so people who have never seen or heard of him before will ask
"Hey, who is this guy?" and BAM........they come across the Disclosure Prioject material.....its as clear as daylight.


[edit on 12-3-2007 by vladmir]



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Let me reiterate.
We really, really have no authority to impose our personal beliefs and expectations on Dr. Greer.
Nor is he under ANY obligation to follow them.

Of course, we ALL have a right to express our opinions, as is should be.



[edit on 12-3-2007 by vladmir]



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by vladmir

And let me ask you this.
Are we really qualified to pass judgements on him? Honestly?
Have we even done half the work Steven Greer has in bringing credibility, YES,credibility to this whole UFO/Alien issue?
We can see just how passionate and sincere he is in his quest to hold a congressional hearing, to bring this in the Media spotlight more and more.



Who of any of us, is qualified to pass judgement on anyone ?

Steven Greer was head and shoulders closer to achieving disclosure, than any other person on this planet. Thats why his lecture performance is so horrifying.

He has traded away the message he is trying to get out, for self fulfilment.

His desire to tie in buddhism, and bunch of psuedo scientific jargon with the original quest of the disclosure project, I say again, has weakened the whole premise of his organisation.

The message is way more important than the messenger, and for the sake of the mission he would have been better to leave the esoteric in the closet, At least for now.

I have great respect for Mr Greer, I'am just terribly dissapointed.


Ram

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It all makes sense..


They use to burn people in medieval times for saying things like greer just said..

It all makes sense...


continued

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Ram]



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I have great respect for Mr Greer, I'am just terribly dissapointed.

And there you have it. We're not firing harsh words at Greer because we think he's a crackpot and we hate him. We're leveling justified criticism because we had high hopes for Greer and his project, and this presentation seems to defeat the possibility of the DP having any impact.


More importantly,has he ever said in his lectures
"I represent the religious and spiritual beliefs of ALL the members and contributers of the Disclosure Project, all 500 of them??
Absolutely NOT!

Of course not, but he represents the Disclosure Project. He is the voice of the Disclosure Project. So anything he says publicly in that role reflects on other members of the Disclosure Project. If he had made comments about his beliefs on spirituality and new-age metaphysics as part of a private dinner-party that would be different. These comments were made as a representative of the project and as such they reflect on all members of the project. The point is, the Disclosure Project should have nothing to do with religious and spiritual beliefs. Religious and spiritual beliefs are great - I think everyone should have them. But they are things people think and feel very strongly about, and introducing them into a political and scientific project has no positive affect on that project whatsoever.



new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join