It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Greers latest conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There are 2 people that have posted on this topic that are just as bad as Greer??? Claiming to know things but you won't tell any one??? What a f**king joke i'm sure U2 know who you are as well. Do YOU TWO think people will take YOU seriously when you say stuff like that, claiming to know things LOL.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI

Originally posted by vladmir

And let me ask you this.
Are we really qualified to pass judgements on him? Honestly?
Have we even done half the work Steven Greer has in bringing credibility, YES,credibility to this whole UFO/Alien issue?
We can see just how passionate and sincere he is in his quest to hold a congressional hearing, to bring this in the Media spotlight more and more.

Who of any of us, is qualified to pass judgement on anyone ?

Steven Greer was head and shoulders closer to achieving disclosure, than any other person on this planet. Thats why his lecture performance is so horrifying.

He has traded away the message he is trying to get out, for self fulfilment.

His desire to tie in buddhism, and bunch of psuedo scientific jargon with the original quest of the disclosure project, I say again, has weakened the whole premise of his organisation.

The message is way more important than the messenger, and for the sake of the mission he would have been better to leave the esoteric in the closet, At least for now.

I have great respect for Mr Greer, I'am just terribly dissapointed.

It scares you, because it's outside your belief system. It's not because it's outside your belief system that it should remain hidden so you feel secure too
And as human, we have tendency to get scared by the unknown, doesn't make all this less real. If you want to fight all this, you can, but no matter what you do, if you don't embrace the consciousness shift, you will die and the next generations will do.

Let me put a simple note here also. The conscious Life expo was a consciousness lecture, not an ET lecture.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
There are 2 people that have posted on this topic that are just as bad as Greer??? Claiming to know things but you won't tell any one??? What a f**king joke i'm sure U2 know who you are as well. Do YOU TWO think people will take YOU seriously when you say stuff like that, claiming to know things LOL.

I guess not - sorry, I wont post in your thread anymore.

I am not going to put people that I know and love at risk...

(the things I know that are TS have nothing to do with UFOs)

Later.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by kroms33]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
I don't know - but if I was at that conference - I would have wanted to hear what was going on with 'disclosure' instead of hearing about metaphysical realities and communication with our "alien brothers" and garbage like that.

Actualy, if you look at this recording you'll understand that this talk was more or less dedicated to this subject.

He already did a half day lecture that day about the details of disclosure and the withnesses.

Thats something else I find a bit iffy about this video being advertised on a multitude of websites.

This one is kinda "incriminating" Greer as a crackpot. Because without the bigger picture and all the information around the subject, thats what this video makes him look like.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

Originally posted by SKUNK2

I guess not - sorry, I wont post in your thread anymore.

I am not going to put people that I know and love at risk...

(the things I know that are TS have nothing to do with UFOs)

Later.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by kroms33]

Good i don't like time wasters and fakers

On another note:
Any way his last conference was on the 28th Feb. What did he mention
The same stuff thats on this google vid??? Did he show any pics or vids(i can wish).

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tock

It scares you, because it's outside your belief system. It's not because it's outside your belief system that it should remain hidden so you feel secure too
And as human, we have tendency to get scared by the unknown, doesn't make all this less real. If you want to fight all this, you can, but no matter what you do, if you don't embrace the consciousness shift, you will die and the next generations will do.

Let me put a simple note here also. The conscious Life expo was a consciousness lecture, not an ET lecture.

"Scared" ?????

If you take the time to read what I have said throughout this thread, you will see that nowhere do I state what my belief system is. So I'am not sure how you know that the concept is beyond my comprehension.

" If you want to fight all this, you can"

I have followed ufology for almost 40 years now, from Keyhoe to Daniken through to all the modern day investigators such as Stanton Friedman et al. I AM A BELIEVER! Steven Greer needs to prove nothing to me.

" but no matter what you do, if you don't embrace the consciousness shift, you will die and the next generations will do".

This is a concept that has already been reserved by many of the planets major religions. I had hoped that Contact would shed new light on that way of thinking.

Thanks for pointing out it was a Concious life Expo and nothing to do with ET's. I would never have guessed.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Seeker PI]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Actualy, if you look at this recording you'll understand that this talk was more or less dedicated to this subject.

He already did a half day lecture that day about the details of disclosure and the withnesses.

Thats something else I find a bit iffy about this video being advertised on a multitude of websites.

This one is kinda "incriminating" Greer as a crackpot. Because without the bigger picture and all the information around the subject, thats what this video makes him look like.

Thanks for the info thematrix.

Thats interesting, I see where you going with that.

If what is being shown is out of context from a larger a presentation, then whoever released the video should have made it abundantly clear that this was the case.

He does say that he needs help with PR and support staff, maybe this is an example of that need, and not an effort to discredit.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"Scared" ?????

If you take the time to read what I have said throughout this thread, you will see that nowhere do I state what my belief system is. So I'am not sure how you know that the concept is beyond my comprehension.

" If you want to fight all this, you can"

I have followed ufology for almost 40 years now, from Keyhoe to Daniken through to all the modern day investigators such as Stanton Friedman et al. I AM A BELIEVER! Steven Greer needs to prove nothing to me.

" but no matter what you do, if you don't embrace the consciousness shift, you will die and the next generations will do".

This is a concept that has already been reserved by many of the planets major religions. I had hoped that Contact would shed new light on that way of thinking.

Thanks for pointing out it was a Concious life Expo and nothing to do with ET's. I would never have guessed.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Seeker PI]

Has nothing to do with religion, but a universal peace understanding. I find perfectly normal to present various level of this research field, based on the level of consciousness of the audience.

Some people can only take so much before they freak out. So is human nature.

I think that in the 40 years of research you have accomplished, you missed a whole lot of important things, and you are trying to deny them today. The association of spirituality, science and the space visitors. It's just one big thing.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by tock]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think that in the 40 years of research you have accomplished, you missed a whole lot of important things, and you are trying to deny them today. The association of spirituality, science and the space visitors. It's just one big thing.

If you wish to engage me in debate thats great, I welcome it.

But for you to argue my understanding of life the universe and everything, without me ever stateing my position on the subject is asinine to say the least.

"The association of spirituality, science and the space visitors. It's just one big thing."

I agree with you whole heartedly.

What do you want to debate next?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If you wish to engage me in debate thats great, I welcome it.

But for you to argue my understanding of life the universe and everything, without me ever stateing my position on the subject is asinine to say the least.

"The association of spirituality, science and the space visitors. It's just one big thing."

I agree with you whole heartedly.

What do you want to debate next?

If you agree, why did you say:

...and for the sake of the mission he would have been better to leave the esoteric in the closet, At least for now.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

...and for the sake of the mission he would have been better to leave the esoteric in the closet, At least for now.

In reply to your one liner I will tell you.

When you teach a child to read, you do not give him the works of William Shakespear to cut his teeth on.

You firstly teach him the alphabet, then you introduce that child to Dick and Jane books. After a couple of years later their comprehension level will have increased sufficiently to allow them to read Shakespear. But they will not understand it. Even when that child reaches adulthood it still may not understand Shakespear even though you have given him all the tools to do so. Such is education.

Millions upon millions of people are still at the Alphabet end of this subject matter. The " Esoteric" will only slow their progress and cause hostility.

Now heres one for you.

You say, and I quote.

"Has nothing to do with religion, but a universal peace understanding. I find perfectly normal to present various level of this research field, based on the level of consciousness of the audience".

Has nothing to do with religion. Are you kidding me?

Can you imagine the response your going to get from Muslim fundamentalists when you tell them to sit in circle and recite Buddhist mantras so that we can beam the mother ships in ?

Christian Fundamentalists will already tell you UFO's are the work of the Devil.

But no it has nothing to do with religion.

Or, in your mindset, are these people not worthy of being saved?

Please elaborate.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

When you teach a child to read, you do not give him the works of William Shakespear to cut his teeth on.

You firstly teach him the alphabet, then you introduce that child to Dick and Jane books. After a couple of years later their comprehension level will have increased sufficiently to allow them to read Shakespear. But they will not understand it. Even when that child reaches adulthood it still may not understand Shakespear even though you have given him all the tools to do so. Such is education.

Millions upon millions of people are still at the Alphabet end of this subject matter. The " Esoteric" will only slow their progress and cause hostility.

Now heres one for you.

You say, and I quote.

"Has nothing to do with religion, but a universal peace understanding. I find perfectly normal to present various level of this research field, based on the level of consciousness of the audience".

Can you imagine the response your going to get from Muslim fundamentalists when you tell them to sit in circle and recite Buddhist mantras so that we can beam the mother ships in ?

Christian Fundamentalists will already tell you UFO's are the work of the Devil.

Please elaborate.

I have very little energy to spend on debatting this. I certainly don't have the energy to convince you what steven is presenting does not have a religious aspect. It has a spiritual aspect.

Now does this whole subject affects religions, heck yeah. But I'm not going to start trying to convince fanatics, they are on the same level with skeptics.

Now, to conclude this: What ever rocks your boat my friend. You can try to convince yourself for as long as you want, and keep your head in the sand, the wake up "shock" will be just harder to take...

These beings are spiritually and technologically advanced, and Contact will not happend, until we are also spiritually heightened. As simple as that. We are in quaranteen...

and kroms33, you're a sad thing. I feel for you.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You say, and I quote.

Let me jump in here, and tock, you can correct me if i misinterpreted you.

When he says, "It has nothing to do with religion" he is right........it has to do with spirituality, NOT any particular religious beliefs.
Whats the difference?

Spirituality is one's character or quality that makes one transcend the barriers of worldliness, caste, creed and sex, and realize one's connection with the Universe.

It makes no difference if you go to a Temple, a Church or a Mosque, the brotherhood of life is universal, the web of life on Earth is a reality.

The emotions and values of Love, reverence of life, light and peace to all beings are universal.

And this has ALWAYS been the reality of things, it is no dreamy concept.
It is nothing to be scoffed at or laughed at.

It is not imagination, but a fact.

But just as the concept of aliens has been riduculed, so has this by calling it 'new-age' or whatever.

Its just that now, the time to actualise the potential has reached, and the new seed is about to sprout.

Thats why, when we talk about a conciousness shift, this is exactly what is meant.

Old binding belief systems are shed conciously, to adopt modern set of values of harmony and reverence of nature and life.

And those who dont or cant raise their understanding to this level...........it remains to be seen what is the outcome. War? I dont know.

Thats what its all about.

And thats what our Earth is gearing up for.

And it IS going to happen, because it has already begun.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by vladmir]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hi all,

I've been following Greers' "work" on disclosure for a lil bit here. I like the guys attitude, but, some of the things that come outta his mouth isn't exactly science, more like "belief". As far as evidence, all we have is a couple handfuls of credible witnesses, and some really shady photos of some really shady stuff. I'm at work at the moment, and dont have time to watch the newest edition of " Dr. Treehugger ", but, I will certainly do so in about an hour or two, then I'll come drop my 2 cents on ya. Sorry for the paragraph sentence....

NOTE: I don't think Greer is a treehugger persay, a friend that watched the disclosure project blirted that out while trying to recall his name mid-statement........

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply tock.

I can't say I learnt very much, but then you already had assumed that hadn't you.

Anyways appreciate you spending some time with a meer mortal.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vladmir

When he says, "It has nothing to do with religion" he is right........it has to do with spirituality, NOT any particular religious beliefs.
Whats the difference?

Spirituality is one's character or quality that makes one transcend the barriers of worldliness, caste, creed and sex, and realize one's connection with the Universe.

It makes no difference if you go to a Temple, a Church or a Mosque, the brotherhood of life is universal, the web of life on Earth is a reality.

The emotions and values of Love, reverence of life, light and peace to all beings are universal.

And this has ALWAYS been the reality of things, it is no dreamy concept.
It is nothing to be scoffed at or laughed at.

It is not imagination, but a fact.

But just as the concept of aliens has been riduculed, so has this by calling it 'new-age' or whatever.

Its just that now, the time to actualise the potential has reached, and the new seed is about to sprout.

Thats why, when we talk about a conciousness shift, this is exactly what is meant.

Old binding belief systems are shed conciously, to adopt modern set of values of harmony and reverence of nature and life.

And those who dont or cant raise their understanding to this level...........it remains to be seen what is the outcome. War? I dont know.

Thats what its all about.

And thats what our Earth is gearing up for.

And it IS going to happen, because it has already begun.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by vladmir]

Eloquent words and well scripted.

Appreciate your prospective. Outside of the first paragraph, I agree with much of what you have written.

Out of respect to your point of view, I won't belabour the point further.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Vladimir's views I support.

You can't have one thing without the other. If you want to be "enlightened" you cannot close yourself to things at your discretion.

In history individuals have broken down barriers with what we think is morally correct.

We established ideas of reasoning, rationality, morals.

Notable individuals succeded to remove "immoral" barriers.

Yet there is still conflict and contradictions in actions to prevent us from reaching science or as it is the state of knowing.

Prometheus once stated that weight is negative and light is positive.

Morals/ethics: Determining what is correct, i.e. positive.
Science: Searching for truth, knowledge and justification.
Spirituality: Searching for truth, knowledge and justification.
Religion: Creating rules, laws, ethics based on the unexplained (i.e. spiritual).

Religion, morals & ethics (as parts of civilizations) are variable and usually die, were as spirituality and science are not. You see spirituality and science don't terminate as this is what history tells us.

Science in time will understand everything, although the definition of science is contradiction. This is because the same people that formulate scientific ideas assume other ideas & elements are incompatible and so they forget science and time will lead to perfect knowledge which will incorporate everything as known, thus including spirituality.

You can't have an Alien without spirituality. And you can't have spirituality without an Alien.

--------------------------------------------------
END OF RANT TRANSMISSION

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally post by tock

He doesn't speak what you want to hear, what would make you feel alright or better about yourself.

How do you know what I want to hear or feel? As a student of mysticism I appreciate Dr. Greer's views and see the truth in his statements. These topics share a strong relationship and there is no doubt about it.

However, by publicly mixing esoteric topics with UFOs he is risking credibility and future whistle blowers. This is a basic fact and there is no way to sugar coat it. Many of us are counting on him so please excuse us if we hold him to a higher standard.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What the hell is talking about?!?!?

'Blahblahblah waves blahblah transcend blahblahblahblah ultrasound aliens blahblah.'

I don't understand and I ain't listening to that jibba jabba.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Now heres one for you.

You say, and I quote.

Please elaborate.

IMO these types of people are NOT worth helping/saving, unless they can break their primitive ways of thinking and shed their pathetic beliefs. I completely agree with Tock.
Religeon is nothing more than a joke. Religeon is for the weak minded and people who can't decide things for them selves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join