It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People have Faith in Aliens/UFO's why not God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think most people intuitively "Feel" or accept the idea that there is some kind of spiritual hirachy or at least a hidden meta physical framework to the universe... after what energy is behind self conciousness it-self......?
There is alot to be discovered and this is obvious.

What people hate is the pre-packaged ideologies.... the stale McDonalds fast food, soggy burger philosophies served up by main stream religion.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
LMFAO... Put God and faith in a thread title and all hell breaks loose (pun intended)...

People have faith in aliens/UFO's why not God?

Well, for a start, it makes more sense. Very few deny that there is something greater than man. God Forbid (another intended pun) that man is the top of the tree!

Just read the thread and the arguments you have for God etc, they are mostly laughable. God, or our creator is way beyond total comprehension for us lowly creatures. Think we're intelligent? HAHA!

Is it not beyond the realms of logic and reason that there are likely to be beings/entities that reside between man and God in the universal hierarchy?

Until we grasp that little nugget, we'll just keep sniping at the blind and both sides think that the other side is blind. I love this place.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetfor_rent
what would be the point of creating mankind . well as it is write in the bible the creator knew from the beginning that the men would destroid itself (armagedon) or end of time... my point is if l put a couple of rats in my house and l wait a few years , l know for a fact that my house would have become a desaster place to live . since l know from the beginning the catastrophic ending result, l'm bright enough to not doing it... now if god already knew the end result what would be the point of creating us. as far as we can trace, the churh had done so many thing to keep us blind, they get mad every time that the scientis discovert prouf that does not fit whit what is write in the bible. remember ( lucie )the first préhistoric skelet found , the church didn't like it at all , they urge to tel the wourld that it was a malformation. they did not like it when the scientis told the wourld that the noe flood could not have being possible since the glacier where much olther than the noé story . mankind has created gods .

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pompano
Wait a minute, are you saying you think sunrises and thunderstorms are created by a God? If you don't mind me asking, what is you level of education? Be honest now!

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. If you don't like it...take it as allegory and chill.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
The Bible was written in antiquity and NONE of the people in it can be cross examined to ascertain the nature of their eyewitness reports. They are all long dead.

This goes in my 'quote' file. It going to be very useful if you ever pull the 'Anunaki', or 'Dogon', or old paintings showing 'flying disks'.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pompano
Come on now, beauty is a perception. You know that, don't you?

You got a lotta' esplainin' to do Lucy.

So explain it. What makes one thing more beautiful than the other? Why is one person's beautiful..someone else's...so what.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Do you want to see God? Look up at the sky on clear starry night and behold its majesty in all its glory! See the infiniteness of time and space where there is no beginning and there is no end; it's simply there -- and so is God. Do do feel it? Do you feel that somehow you are part of this gloriousness -- this marvelous creation where even though you are not up there with the stars right now, you're still surrounded by it -- as if you are in a womb that's ready to give birth and once one processes this, one becomes aware of a knowingness that someday one will be shining like a star in an ocean of infinity. That infinity is God.

I may disagree with Palasheea on some topics....but on this point, she explains it much better than I can.

If you keep thinking of God as a 'he', a 'she', or even an 'it', you're missing the point.

God is.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
[This goes in my 'quote' file. It going to be very useful if you ever pull the 'Anunaki', or 'Dogon', or old paintings showing 'flying disks'.
However, he can show photos and videos which is much better evidence than paintings from hundreds of years ago. Your proof of god is the bible, a book written 2000 years ago. Youd call a UFO believer an idiot if he presented a single painting from 2000 years ago as proof of UFO.

Im still waiting for the equivalent of the parting of the red sea and there has been no such evidence 2000 years later. If I saw such things, I would change my mind.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Im just curious, instead of saying 'God' will it be easier to swallow if you called it or 'Cosmic Intelligence'?
Or is even that too much for some.
(It is ,isint it!)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
People have Faith in Aliens/UFO's why not God?

The two are not related in any way,shape or form.

A belief that other life-forms may exist is nothing like a belief that an omnipotent being created the universe.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
They relate because neither are conclusive...

We see images of lights flying in the sky and stories of abduction and this cause some of us to believe...

We hear about miracles or see images of crosses or the virgin Mary, and some of choose to believe as well....

It where we put our faith and why.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Ashley_T]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Your proof of god is the bible, a book written 2000 years ago.

Nope. I haven't cited the Bible as proof of God. In fact, I acknowledge my complete inability to prove the existence of God. Doesn't bother me. And the age of the Bible means nothing...my faith in God is contemporary and is re-affirmed on a daily basis.

Im still waiting for the equivalent of the parting of the red sea and there has been no such evidence 2000 years later. If I saw such things, I would change my mind.

Over and over again, I read on these forums, if an alien craft landed on your front lawn and an alien got out, you skeptics would still refuse to believe it.... Consider it back attya'. If the Red Sea parted today, you'd yell Fake!!!! CGI!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think the question should be reversed. There's more than enough Religion followers; infact, there's too many.

Anyway; Aliens and UFO's have far more evidence to prove they exist than the evidence to support your God

And if i was to believe in a God, it'd be my personal God; due to the fact the majority of religion sickens me

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Do you want to see God? Look up at the sky on clear starry night and behold its majesty in all its glory! See the infiniteness of time and space where there is no beginning and there is no end; it's simply there -- and so is God. Do do feel it? Do you feel that somehow you are part of this gloriousness -- this marvelous creation where even though you are not up there with the stars right now, you're still surrounded by it -- as if you are in a womb that's ready to give birth and once one processes this, one becomes aware of a knowingness that someday one will be shining like a star in an ocean of infinity. That infinity is God.

It's not God. It's god.

The wonders, amazingness, nature of the world appeals to everyone, and you can call it whatever you want, including: god.

But 'God' is the name of a fictional book character.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i'll ask again. if god really exists, who created him? he can't just be, he must have been created. who or what?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by souls
he can't just be, he must have been created.

Why? You're thinking of God as some thing, or person that can be described in human terms. God is not 'describable'.

Why can't there be an omniscient, infinitely existing God? You may as well ask...who created love? Love can't just be, it must have been created.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Don't see much around the EBE/UFO research communities prescribing to having FAITH in Aliens/UFOs, and I don't have and have not seen statistics on Believers in God or Jesus v. Aliens/UFOs, so I'm not sure where the trend is headed.

But, if I were to assume all are real then I can theorize they may all be related. My personal feeling is swinging toward the possibility Humans may be the big experiment in genetic engineering at the Alien level and above. Though I have not found a reason to put God in the pasture of non belief as there is a deity of some type somewhere in my opinion.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by MrPenny
[This goes in my 'quote' file. It going to be very useful if you ever pull the 'Anunaki', or 'Dogon', or old paintings showing 'flying disks'.
However, he can show photos and videos which is much better evidence than paintings from hundreds of years ago. Your proof of god is the bible, a book written 2000 years ago. Youd call a UFO believer an idiot if he presented a single painting from 2000 years ago as proof of UFO.

Exactly. I hope all of the christians who are posting on this subject realize that since it was first created, the bible has been altered thousands and thousands of times. If you took a bible from the 15th century A.D. and put it next to one now, the amount of change in the stories and characters is unbelievable. I think the bible probably started out something closest to a book of morals, and over time became an actual religion. Its a bunch of crap in my opinion, but thats just me.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i myself , have faith in god above but none in alien's and ufo's . i believe in life elsewhere in the universe , you'd have to be an idiot not to . even if life exists on only one other place other than earth .
faith is a very personal thing , no matter what you believe . without faith , there is no hope .

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I am sure that there are more people who believe in a god then ET's and UFO wich are visiting earth.
The thing i find strange is that people with a belief often dont believe in extraterrestrial life. But if there is a god he/she probably not originated from planet earth, so that would make god an ET..

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join