It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Raso,

I have to agree with you...

I can really find no argument there, except to tell you that there are those of us fighting to change that....

Stillz.....

A lot of us don't arrest for Pot....

Unless you have a bale or two in your trunk... LOL

I along with a lot of my more experienced colleagues, believe that Marijuana should be legal; controlled but legal....

Semper

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Stillz.....

A lot of us don't arrest for Pot....

Unless you have a bale or two in your trunk... LOL

I along with a lot of my more experienced colleagues, believe that Marijuana should be legal; controlled but legal....

Semper

I appreciate that Semper. My brother was arrested in 2003 for growing 40 plants in his basement. He wanted to not have to pay the stuff, and also not have to worry about buying something that could have been exposed to chemicals, sprays and so on. He is a great guy with a big heart, and does not belong in jail.

sp

[edit on 8-3-2007 by tha stillz]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What's new?

You hate us, then complain when we are not "Johnny on the spot" to your trespassing complaint.

You hate us, then call us to come help you.

Even though you hate us, we will always come and we come prepared to lay our lives down to save yours.

While you are running from the street brawl, we are running to it. Yet you hate us.

You say we should be out arresting crack dealers instead of giving you a ticket. Even though vastly more people are killed on the highways each year by speeders.

You say we are picking on you when we stop you and search your car, even though we find dope. So I guess we are picking on you.

Of course we are racial profiling when we stop middle eastern looking men prior to boarding aircraft. Maybe that is because the VAST majority of terrorists are middle eastern males.

You have a bad experience with one police officer and all of a sudden the entire 700K police officers in the country are corrupt, they are all racist and out to get you. Give it a rest will you. What are YOU doing for your country, your community, your fellow man?

Maybe you should consider this. At the end of the day I am going home to my wife. I will not even remember you name then. Not if I arrested you, ticketed you or saved your butt. Yet, you hate me and call me a pig, criminal, dirty and more graphic names on a regular basis. Still I will get dressed in the middle of the night to come save your stupid butt when you get your self in a situation you can't control.

You don't see the number of times I step out and stop the car that was going to hit the little girl. The times I go into a domestic and arrest the man that was going to kill his wife. The times I kick a door in and take the pistol away from the 14 year old that was going to commit suicide.

All you care about is your one little incident in which you branded all police officers your enemy. (At least until you need us)

A favorite comment I have heard a hundred times; Well they arrested my son/daughter because he/she is black. Even though there were white people there doing the same thing.
(BS!!! There is ALWAYS more to that story) (Remember, NO department is immune from civil liability, and if this was true, they would be sued, yet strangely they don't) hmmmmmmm

Maybe you should take a look at your emotions and evaluate these men and women that are ready EACH AND EVERY day to die so that you can live.

And again ask yourself....

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR YOUR COUNTRY, YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR FELLOW MAN

Semper

[edit on 3/7/2007 by semperfortis]

[edit on 3/7/2007 by semperfortis]

Semper,
What would you do if one day you suited up and went to work and your bosses told you. "Today I need everyone of you to turn in your firearm and badge cause you are no longer going to need them. As of today the military will be taking over security or the local government"? Think about this for a moment before you answer? There are larger things in this country to worry about rather than your local law enforcement mate.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by tsloan]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthceeca

Oh yeah, I can't forget all those cops in white and blue...you know, those cops in cahoots with/members of the Klan.

And don't forget those cops who are closet members of the Nation of Islam and the New Black Panther Party...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And don't forget those cops who are closet members of the Nation of Islam and the New Black Panther Party...

:shk: Honestly Jso,

No doubt there are some police who are Muslim, but that's not the same as being a klansman. And police who are involved with the modern Black Panther party are not necessarily black supremacists. Whereas white officers who are not undercover, but members of, or supporters of the KKK are white supremecists.

This reminds me of a story I heard once that was one of the highlights of my day.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

African-American cop infiltrates the KKK
Ron Stallworth speaks about his experience with the Klansmen

• "Black undercover cop infiltrates KKK"
An African American undercover police officer spoke with MSNBC-TV’s Dan Abrams about how he infiltrated the KKK despite his skin color and did such a good job that the KKK asked him to be one of its leaders.

In the late 1970s, the Ku Klux Klan was expanding in Colorado. Ron Stallworth was an undercover cop who tried to infiltrate the group. He disguised himself as a bigot and signed up with a local KKK chapter.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I was around alot of youth/adults who smoked pot and numerous times the police caught them, every single time I seen it happen they let them off for a warning... in my perception they were of the mind in my community.. oh its for your personal use, please dont do it in public...

[edit on 8-3-2007 by drconfused]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by jsobecky

:shk: Honestly Jso,

No doubt there are some police who are Muslim, but that's not the same as being a klansman. And police who are involved with the modern Black Panther party are not necessarily black supremacists. Whereas white officers who are not undercover, but members of, or supporters of the KKK are white supremecists.

Let's stick with the NBPP. Are you seriously trying to tell me that that organization is not built upon the idea of black supremacy? Have you followed Shabazz lately?

It is a racist, anti-Semitic Klan. There would be no reason to join it or support it unless you agreed with their tenets.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
WATS for you, Semper!

The honesty expressed there is just....refreshing

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Semper,
What would you do if one day you suited up and went to work and your bosses told you. "Today I need everyone of you to turn in your firearm and badge cause you are no longer going to need them. As of today the military will be taking over security or the local government"? Think about this for a moment before you answer? There are larger things in this country to worry about rather than your local law enforcement mate.

1. Simple, I would go home to my land in West Virginia, set my defenses and prepare to die like an American defending my freedoms...

2. Yes, there are larger issues than local law enforcement... I am not LOCAL law enforcement however, first, and second, that only applies when no one is kicking your door in in a home invasion.... At that point I would argue there is NOTHING more important than local law enforcement...

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Maybe you should take a look at your emotions and evaluate these men and women that are ready EACH AND EVERY day to die so that you can live.

And again ask yourself....

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR YOUR COUNTRY, YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR FELLOW MAN

Maybe you should come down off your high horse before someone knocks you off of it. Besides, why should anyone indulge you and try to be just as sanctimonious by posting a list of what they feel that they do for their community?

All of your arguments are compelte and total B.S., and do not nearly apply to every citizen in the US.

I have never called the cops for anything in my life, and I never would!

Yes I hate cops, as do many people, and we have a damned good reason to!

I have never seen a cop prevent anything, by their very nature they can not do anything unless they are called, or have the freak chance of being at the right place at the right time.

Did you read my story in the white privelege thread? Would you like to hear about how my wife got shot at point blank range with rubber bullets? Would you like to know about my boy JJ who was in a choke hold until 30 of the boys, and his family came out to save his ass?

Out here in Cali we have had a spree of police being murdered for a couple of years now. People are sick of their crap and are fighting back, and I say it's a damned good thing.

I don't know where you live, or how you operate, as I do realize that not all cops are the same. I do know this though, birds of a feather flock together, and if you want to profile (which police do), then don't whine and compleain when you get profiled for being part of the biggest gang ever.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I feel in 25 to 30 years local law enforcement will be moved to a military stand point. Being a realist I plan on moving out of this country in the next 10 years. The way things are heading a military police force is the only way crime is going to be controlled. I don't think police officers are trained to combat the future crimes i.e. Drug cartel,Terrorist cell, Covert gang related military black squads. As much as the local level is trained in SWAT tactics I hate to say it if I were planning on retiring in the states I would feel much safer with SEAL and DELTA type forces guarding the streets. But thats why my family has leased land from the Costa Rican government for the last 40 years to have a safe haven when the hammer drops

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
And again my point is proven by a poster....

Ludicrous and derisory comments posted in an manner to suggest dementia praecox at the least.

Of course anyone that posts absolute statements in regards to insoluble references is subject to stultification.

The personal taking of responsibility for ones own actions as the possible root cause of an event, is a personality trait that is rare. I never truly expect it on here and usually I am never disappointed. So much easier to vilify the most prevalent target and deflect from our deficiencies.

Yet, this is exactly what the original post referred to and as such has served it's purpose nicely.

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
I don't know where you live, or how you operate, as I do realize that not all cops are the same. I do know this though, birds of a feather flock together, and if you want to profile (which police do), then don't whine and compleain when you get profiled for being part of the biggest gang ever.

He makes an interesting point here though, you have to admit. I hear all too often that profiling based on experience, and an officer's "gut" instinct is a valuable tool on the job. If that's the case, what is the difference between an officer's gut instinct that a person is up to no good, and a civilian's gut instinct that the police are out to do them harm?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Experience and Training...

Two things a police officer has that a civilian does not...

Regardless of what phinx said in the hate rant, he is obviously uninformed. Only going by what he says...

If you fight enough times, you get good at fighting..

If you arrest enough people, you get good at arresting them....

Guess what?

You also get good at picking out the ones to arrest...

No one person is infallible... I never intended that, nor do I believe I indicated that in my OP.

There are good cops and bad cops.. That is why there is an IA unit in every department of any size and most states have a special unit to oversee the ones that don't.

But what you get from those that postulate about their "bad" experiences most often are half truths and partial stories.... Again it is human nature to resist, even convince ourselves that we did nothing wrong. I expect that sort of reaction from the masses, not particularly from ATS members as the intellect is higher here, but some will slip in as expected.

That is what I meant about validation of my OP. The majority were either supportive or cautious as one may expect from intellectual and thoughtful people. A few reacted exactly as expected when polling a segment of the common population. No surprises there at all....

To further address your supposition, take a scientist working in pharmaceuticals; how do they know what chemicals to combine to obtain expected results?
Experience / "Gut Instinct"

There are many more examples of this that I am sure you can supply for yourself. Suffice it to say, it is the same phenomenon. Never 100% accurate, but amazingly so.

To say that one hates "police" makes no more common sense than saying one hates automobile dealers. At least not to the mind unburdened with guilt, preconceptions and misconceptions. The thinking intellect can seperate and evaluate people on a personal basis and not simply hate, like or any other emotion based on group dynamics.

That is really what the OP is all about. Group dynamics and the preconceptions of the general populace or certain individuals. Of course individual hypocrisies comes into play as well. What if a cop came out and made the statement that he hated all blacks? He would be ostracized and rightfully so. To hate a group based on skin color is ridiculous and unacceptable. Yet some find it perfectly acceptable to hate based on a profession, perhaps relegated to a specific area, still a profession no less.

This still must be taken into context along with the other statements made by such individuals. Blanket statements such as "I would never call them" can be dismissed as not only completely misleading and not relevant to the situation, as most will call and do, and even to an extent self serving, Which on a forum board is perfectly acceptable. Being self serving I mean.

We all are at times...

Semper

[edit on 3/9/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So far, I can't find anything I said to be a hate rant. Please specify.

As for experience and training, well, that's life. If I've lived in an area where my experience and training has led me to see that most every officer patrolling has either assaulted me, or someone I know, or used racial slurs, or acted in any other way unbecoming of a decent person, how is that any less valid than an officer's experience or training?

The experience is with the vast majority of officers being violent, and untrustworthy, and the training is almost Pavlovian.

When a police officer comes around,

Don't look him in the eye, or you'll be verbally or physically assaulted.

Don't speak to or ask questions of an officer- see above

Don't walk too quickly away from an officer - see above

Don't act afraid of an officer- see above

Do not act friendly to an office- see above

Is this training invalid?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The rant comment was not directed at you... Sorry for the confusion..

As for the rest, this is not slug fest so I will not comment on my opinion that "ALMOST EVERY" officer you have seen is that way...

If that is your belief, than you fall into the category I discussed earlier in comparison to the average ATS member and the common populace.

As I have clearly stated, our perceptions of those in what some consider a position of power is effected by numerous individual, psychological and sociological references and impactive experiences.

If your suppositions are what you perceive to be true, I could no more present an intellectual or logical argument to combat that kind of "Blanket assessment" of any one group of people, than I could convince you of the irrational logic applied to such mathematical impossibilities.

In other words, regardless of the improbability of your statements, in fact, due mostly to their rash improbability, my assertions of the sheer mathematical impossibility of that occurring, will fall on deaf ears. You have your perceptions, where they originate from is not something I can diagnose or even hope to discover on here.

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As for the experience and training of an average officer as compared to an average civilian.

If you can not see the difference in the two, than again, my postulating will again be of no import.

The differences are so fantastically diametric, I would make the "wild leap" that most would recognize it without extraneous explanation.

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
And there you go.

Like phoenix said, you need to get off your high horse, semper. You are NOT military. You are ALSO a civilian.

I can't STAND when cops are all "civilian, civilian, civilian" in reference to CITIZENS.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Of course this doesn't branch to every police officer nationwide Semper. The point is, in some places, this is absolutely true. West Philly is a great example. The point is that enough officers act this way to warrant caution by the people. And, if you don't believe that speaking to a cop will get you slurred against, or assaulted, put on black face, and say "good day officer" in the wrong neighborhood.

This is the exact reason that occupational profiling is a wise move for those who value their safety.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
More sanctimonious B.S. , yet another reason why people hate the police.

Whenever they get called on their blatant, and repeated abuses of power then they automatically fall back on the "bad apple argument".

How long before a pattern is acknowledged? Never, because after all...it's just a few bad apples. Or, of course, the person obviously has a problem with authority.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutey, oh wait...except for cops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join