It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well I guess I have been put in my place....

Rack it up to another Public Servant being chastised by the general populace.

Are you guys reading what you are typing, seriously?

More and more you are substantiating the original posting with claims of being the top intellect's on the plaent and yet suffering from unrequited hatred, a self-professed defender of racism, hating a specif group of men and women and at least one that has given no substance at all.

As for being military, you of course will believe what you will. There are those here that know me and know of what I speak.

As for the rest, well, that is still a study in the psychology of either guilt or envy or some other "chosis" that is apparently sitting deeply within you. I am sorry for this as it most likely was the cause of one or two individual poor examples of my profession.
More though I am sorry that you now feel you must carry what, after reading your posts carefully, can only be described as a destructive, emotional mis perception of one certain group. Yet carry it you must for your feelings are obviously strong in this area and far beyond my ability to effect those that are within what? The top 2% of the intellects in the world?

I remain however, your humble servant to the end.

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
The "darkies" are not in a position to abuse power over other people like cops are.

If they have a stolen gun in their hand, they are!

That's stuff that hasn't happened to you. Once you add stuff that HAS happened to you (or people you know), you develop a well-needed mistrust for police. Which leads to dislike of police.

BS! You don't know what's happened to me! I have had my share of trouble with asshole cops! (and with blacks, I might add) I lived on the street in a huge city in the late 70s. You have NO IDEA, son. And I'm a woman. Use your imagination!

The point is, I don't take those experiences and apply them to ALL within the group! I allow for individuals within a group, whether they be cops or blacks or men or doctors or Latinos or whatever.

You do. You think you're justified somehow...

I've had a copper shove an MP5 in my FACE IN MY OWN HOUSE!!!

I'm not disagreeing with your bad experiences. You STILL don't get it! You're applying the bad experiences to the GROUP and saying you don't like cops.

And BH...no need to hide your true feelings...

I'm not hiding a thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The "darkies" are not in a position to abuse power over other people like cops are. If you don't believe my experiences with the po pos, too effing bad; I lived them, and don't need any validation from you.

Not in a position to abuse power huh?

between 2001 and 2003, blacks were 39 times more likely to commit violent crimes against whites than the reverse, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.”
~~~~~~~
Between 2001 and 2003, blacks committed, on average, 15,400 black-on-white rapes per year, while whites averaged only 900 white-on-black rapes per year.
~~~~~~~
Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.”

But there are five-and-one-half as many whites as blacks. If anything, the numbers should be reversed. After all, as leftists always tell us, all groups are supposed to be equally represented in all categories, for good or ill. (Well, not really. Leftists never call on the NBA and NFL to institute racial parity for white players.)
~~~~~~~
“Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.”

Now here is an interesting statistic...

Far from being guilty of “racially profiling” innocent blacks, police have been exercising racial bias on behalf of blacks, arresting fewer blacks than their proportion of criminals: “… blacks who committed crimes that were reported to the police were 26 percent less likely to be arrested than people of other races who committed the same crimes.”

and

… police are determined to arrest non-black rather than black criminals.” (I have seen this practice in operation on the streets and subways of New York.)

* “[Blacks] are eight times more likely than people of other races to rob someone, for example, and 5.5 times more likely to steal a car.”

Well, as everyone knows, innocent blacks get rounded up by the police all the time, so we can safely ignore such statistics. After all, isn’t that what the NAACP, Village Voice, New York Times, and countless black “activists” and prominent academics have been saying for years? And although the folks insisting on the reality of racial profiling have no facts to back up their claims, they enjoy political prestige and moral authority. The Color of Crime, meanwhile, is based merely on lowly facts. As we shall see, prominent people are already saying that we should ignore The Color of Crime, because it wasn’t produced by the right sort of people. (And of course, the “right sort of people” never tells the truth about race and crime.)

Link

Another interesting fact about police brutality

Oh Yeah, that is just another example of the Po Po's exercising abuse.

Black males 18-24 years old have the highest homicide offending rates. Compared to the next highest rates, their rates are more than 3 times the rates of black males 14-17 years old and 5 times the rates of black males age 25 and older.

Link

Darn Po Po's!!! abusing their power.... Oh yeah, it's not the Po Po's abusing power here... hmmmmmm

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If they have a stolen gun in their hand, they are!

See? That's better; let those feelings out.

Coppers are given a LOT of chances to exert authority over people; it's a part of their job. Comparing this to the "n.igger boy" with the stolen gun (because black people don't buy guns
) is lame. "N.igger boys" with guns are treated quite harshly, as it's not in their job description to do this. Coppers...different story.

BS! You don't know what's happened to me! I have had my share of trouble with asshole cops! (and with blacks, I might add) I lived on the street in a huge city in the late 70s. You have NO IDEA, son. And I'm a woman. Use your imagination!

YOU ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT, BH!!!

Everything is NOT about you! Let's take a look at what I said...

The fuzz have HISTORICALLY shown trends of abuse of authority, to black people in particular. Look at some footage of a Civil Rights demonstration from the 60s to see this. Look earlier at the LARGE percentage of po pos involved with/members of the Klan (hell, entire STATES were in cahoots with the Klan at times). Look later at the disproportionate occurence of police brutality against blacks and other minorities.

Here, I establish past criminal behavior by the police.

That's stuff that hasn't happened to you. Once you add stuff that HAS happened to you (or people you know), you develop a well-needed mistrust for police. Which leads to dislike of police.

Notice what happens here. YOU does NOT refer to Queen BH. YOU refers to people who have issues with the po pos. As you can see, the following sentences establish this. YOU is used in the same manner in every sentence, i.e. in reference to people who have issues with the fuzz.

I'm not disagreeing with your bad experiences. You STILL don't get it! You're applying the bad experiences to the GROUP and saying you don't like cops.

And you're STILL up to your classical shenanigans (you know what they are). I SAID that there are probably good cops out there. I also said that I have not met a SINGLE one of them. In a way, it's like aliens, or chupacabras, or something.

I'm not hiding a thing.

THAT much is for sure. TOTALLY agree with you there.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I am sorry for this as it most likely was the cause of one or two individual poor examples of my profession.
More though I am sorry that you now feel you must carry what, after reading your posts carefully, can only be described as a destructive, emotional mis perception of one certain group.

How many examples, both personal and related, does it take before you, or anyone else for that matter, is willing to admit that it might be a pattern?

You still hold on to the bad apple defense, yet time and time again the bad apples are brought forth. How many does it take before people realize that the entire bunch is spoiled?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Look at the years there, semper.

Funny how they're relatively recent years (last 25 years or so). I wonder what would happen if we looked at white-on-black crime for the majority of the 20th century...(we'll leave out the 17th-19th centuries on this one)

This probably is some sort of cosmic boomerang effect.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Everything is NOT about you!

Oh, right sorry. It's about YOU

Once you add stuff that HAS happened to you (or people you know), you develop a well-needed mistrust for police. Which leads to dislike of police.

I've had a copper shove an MP5 in my FACE IN MY OWN HOUSE!!!

I'm sure there's some good cops out there. However, as I haven't met them, it doesn't apply to me.

But when I mention my experiences
because you've made an incorrect assumption that all my dealings with the police have been all rosy, I'm being self-indulgent or some crap. Yeah, I got your number truthseeka.

YOU does NOT refer to Queen BH.

It most certainly does. If I'm reading it! And thanks for the Queen thing. Very few people realize my inherent royalty. Thanks, I'm flattered.

I also said that I have not met a SINGLE one of them.

Answer this ONE question if you have the guts, which I doubt. If a white guy said, "I'm sure there are good black people out there, I just haven't met a single one. They're like chupacabras or something. I'm sure they exist, I just don't know where."

What would you think of that person? Honestly, truthseeka. Can you answer that honestly?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Answer this ONE question if you have the guts, which I doubt. If a white guy said, "I'm sure there are good black people out there, I just haven't met a single one. They're like chupacabras or something. I'm sure they exist, I just don't know where."

What would you think of that person? Honestly, truthseeka. Can you answer that honestly?

Pffft.

As if this is a hard question.
Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to hear something like that.

Bet you didn't expect THAT.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Cops are not mail men or other civil servant. Of course there are corrupt mail men, fire fighters etc, but when they start carrying guns, then we will talk.

Cops when they put on that uniform have a duty, a trust that society grants to them that we do not grant to others. Yes with great power comes great responsibility. We expect them to be accountable.

Sure they are human, but so am I and I do not carry a gun or have the balance of innocent lives in my hands, neither does the mail carrier.

Also the mail carrier has not been entrusted with getting criminals off the street, and they have not been entrusted with being the moral authority between corruption and the good in society. Cops have been however and we expect a sacred duty from them.

I am tried of hearing about this bad apple crap. It's too many, and when there is a bad apple, they are not dealt with effectively, to stop more bad apples from cropping up. It's a system that polices itself and thus allows for this sort of thing to happen.

If a cop shots someone in the city where I am, it's investigated by them. If a complaint is made, it's passed to a civilian force, which passes it on to the cops and it's again policed by them. The system does not get clean this way.

In my city a few years back, we had policing selling drugs, using drugs on the job, going to stores and asking for shake down money, having forced or cohered sex from transsexual workers. These might have been a few bad apples, but it's a few too many.

Also we had a cop come forward to say that there should be an internal investigation done to prevent embarrassment of the force from the top to the bottom. He felt that the stuff that would be discovered would rock the force, was anything ever done? No.

There are lot's of groups popping up to monitor the police, because they are not capable of monitoring themselves. They have been called the biggest armed gang on the planet, and I start to think that is an accurate description.

Along with the Cop Watch group, you have groups such as
groups.yahoo.com...

Stop Police Abuse. If you go back over the stories for just a couple of months you would be shocked at some of the things that these people get up to.

For the cops doing their jobs, good for you. It's a hard thankless job with little praise at times, but to the rest who are abusing their power, killing innocent people because they can get away with it. Harming the homeless and the powerless, minorities, woman, and the street workers, boo on you.

I won't praise that and that needs to be addressed. It's a shame that some people abuse this power, or more importantly some who are abusive to begin with gravitate to these positions of power. I don't think it's just a few bad apples, I think in many cases something is rotten at the core, and until the police stop policing themselves this will never get fixed.

I grew up thinking that the uniform and the badge were suppose to mean something, something honorable and proud, and I am just not seeing that and it's shameful. I think it would be nice for police to get back to the stage where they have the trust of the public, but this active denial that I keep hearing from some is just not going to do it.

Many forces need an active over haul. I have even heard of a case in Texas I think, where the force was fired due to corruption. I don't think it's a few bad apples. I think it's an abuse of power, and a structure that let's that abuse continue, that has to be addressed. Sooner rather than later.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Harassment101, you are 100% correct. I agree with you completely. And I would guess that Semper probably agrees with you, too, although I could be wrong about that.

And I hate to see any group made out to be all bad because of what some do.

I hate corruption. It's rampant in our government and it exists in the police department, like you said, way too much. It may be a few bad apples doing the deed, but the majority of cops will rally 'round their guy, even if they know he's guilty. They usually stand by their own and they should be held to higher standards.

I'm sorry I went off on race, but I wasn't certainly the first to mention it. It just struck me as odd and hypocritical that the people who cry the loudest about bigotry practice it so freely when it's not "their group" under scrutiny.

ETA: And thanks, truthseeka, for showing that you don't indeed have what it takes to answer my question.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by tsloan
The whole A.I. issue has always made me wonder. Cause to me A.I. is kinda ...well...Like the government investigating the government? My point kinda covers government employee's across the board. I feel they have to many investigations and hearings and board of appeals. If I screwed up on a medical device for a doctor..That would be it he would use another lab. The only good these days I hate to say it are lawyers. At lest now you can sue anyone for anything. And in those terms a bad cop you can bring under a civil suite for just about anything.

When I see AI, I think Artificial Intelligence. When I see IA, I think Internal Affairs.

Most major cities have civilian review boards that supplement the IA dept. Plus, most cops I know cringe when hey hear IA; it's not a cover-up operation.

becky.....your my hero

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Harassment101 I couldnt agree with you more on your thoughts... I have a deep respect for people in policing but I can not stand a crooked cop, there needs to be something done about these types like you say, sooner than later.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by drconfused]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
BH, it's not my fault you didn't like my answer.

Of course, that's only because your attempt to bait me FAILED.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Oh yeah,,,

The Police are definitely the problem...

Violence Against Police Hits 4-Year High

By CURT ANDERSON, Associated Press Writer

The Sept. 11 terrorist attacks produced the single deadliest day in the history of U.S. law enforcement — 72 officers killed — yet almost as many died in nonterrorist

incidents during 2001 as violence against police rose to a four-year high.

The collapse of the World Trade Center in New York after the twin towers were struck by hijacked airliners accounted for 71 of last year's 142 law enforcement killings, the FBI (news - web sites) reported Monday. The 72nd victim was a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officer who died when a plane commandeered by terrorists crashed in a Pennsylvania field.

Overshadowed by the enormity of those numbers is another statistic: 70 other law enforcement officers were killed by criminals around the country in 2001, the highest number since 1997 and a 37 percent increase over the 51 slain in 2000.

"Law enforcement is a high-risk occupation," the FBI report says. "The men and women who serve the public in this way place themselves in danger as a matter of routine."

~~~~~~~

The South continues to lead the nation in law enforcement deaths, with 281 since 1992 — more than twice as many as the next-highest region. Twenty-nine of the 2001 killings happened in the South.

_Two-thirds of police assailants had prior criminal records or arrests.

~~~~~~~

Seven officers were killed simply because they wore the police badge. In a Pennsylvania case, a 32-year-old officer was slain while making his regular on-foot rounds at a government-subsidized housing complex. One of the two suspects arrested, and later convicted, had apparently boasted of plans to kill a cop.

Seven other killings involved cars used as weapons, including three officers who were dragged to death, two who were intentionally run down and two whose cars were rammed by other vehicles. One Texas wildlife officer was run over by his own car after stopping to check on a roadside domestic dispute.

Link

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
From my state in particular..

bstract : Felonious killings of and aggravated assaults against law enforcement officers reflect the dangerous nature of police work. In South Carolina 64 police officers were killed from 1962 to 1998 and nearly 500 were assaulted while in the line of duty in 1991 and 1997. These incidents were statistically analyzed using frequency tables and trend analysis to determine significant trends which may indicate new areas of training and research to prevent future officer injuries and deaths. Major findings are that many of the deaths occurred alone during routine traffic stops without the assistance or requested assistance of other officers. The most preferred weapons to complete an assault were hands and feet while the most preferred weapon used to feloniously kill a police officer was a firearm; specifically a handgun.

Descriptors : *SOUTH CAROLINA, *LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, ASSAULT, STATISTICAL DATA, POLICE, CRIMES.

Link

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just one of many such organizations...

The Commission to Combat Police Corruption (CCPC) was created in 1995 as a permanent board to monitor and evaluate the anti-corruption programs, activities, commitment, and efforts of the New York City Police Department. The Commission is completely independent of the NYPD, and is presently comprised of six Commissioners appointed by the Mayor who advise a full time staff of attorneys.

The Commission was created based upon the 1994 recommendations of the Commission To Investigate Allegations of Police Corruption and the Anti-Corruption Procedures of the Police Department (the "Mollen Commission") issued July 7, 1994. That study found that the New York City Police Department has undergone alternating cycles of corruption and reform. The Mollen Commission believed that the creation of an independent commission to monitor the anti-corruption activities of the Police Department, and help keep the NYPD vigilant in this area, would help break these cycles of corruption.
Accordingly, the Mayor,with the support of the Police Commissioner, created The Commission to Combat Police Corruption on February 27, 1995 by Executive Order No. 18.

Note the absence of officers on the committee...

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm going to quote phoenix, because he made a lot of sense.

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Out here in Cali we have had a spree of police being murdered for a couple of years now. People are sick of their crap and are fighting back, and I say it's a damned good thing.

It's simple; po pos stomp around and on people like Nazi, ski-masked, jackbooted thugs for long enough, the citizens eventually get tired of it. Another example of that karma I mentioned earlier, baby.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
toothseka,

We have already established your propensity for violence against women and need to resort to offensive, name calling behavior on your thread...

What is it we are to expect from you here in regards to the po po?

Of course you don't like the police..

Anyone that would "Bitch Slap" a woman has reason to not like the police...

Asked and answered.

Semper

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Well said, becky.

Thanks for living down to my expectations of you.

Was it the "big dumbass" part that got to you, ceec? Because that's what he was.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
toothseka,

We have already established your propensity for violence against women and need to resort to offensive, name calling behavior on your thread...

What is it we are to expect from you here in regards to the po po?

Of course you don't like the police..

Anyone that would "Bitch Slap" a woman has reason to not like the police...

Asked and answered.

Semper

I have all of my teeth, thank you.

See my white privilege thread about the bitch slap. You know, saying something out of anger and pointing guns in people's faces, beating them (often while HANDCUFFED), shocking them, shooting them, and KILLING them are TOTALLY different things.

Face it; MANY po pos are DIRTY. They plant evidence on people, hurt people, swagger around like gods, and are NOT fond of non-whites. Until the fuzz stops this pattern of disparate behavior among non-whites, most non-whites will NEVER trust them, no matter how many non-whites are on the force.

Sad thing is, when the po pos are eventually merged with the military, things are REALLY going to get bad...:shk:

And becky, it was your support for Rodney's ass whooping, NOT your use of dumbass, that was disgusting. I'm quite SURE you wish you had one of those nightsticks wrapped around his head...ah well, enjoy your pipe dream.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join