It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embassy Confirms Hospitalization of 2 Americans for Thallium Poisoning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Embassy Confirms Hospitalization of 2 Americans for Thallium Poisoning

www.foxnews.com

MOSCOW — The U.S. Embassy on Wednesday confirmed that two American women have been hospitalized in Moscow for possible thallium poisoning.

The spokesman identified the women as Marina Kovalevsky and her daughter, Yana, but did not give further details. He said they were hoping to return home soon, but it was not immediately clear when they might be able to do so.

Citing unidentified medical authorities, the Interfax news agency later reported that the women had been discharged from the hospital in the morning and left for the United States in the afternoon. The U.S. Embassy could not confirm the report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Another case of thallium poisoning. What is happening with Russia? Do they simply eliminate anyone who opposes them?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What do you mean by "another case"!??

FYI The substance is question is uses for rat poison. No matter who they oppose.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

What is happening with Russia? Do they simply eliminate anyone who opposes them?

Sure looks like it and Poison or shoving them out a window seems to be their preferred methods lately. Souljah has an article up where they killed some investigative reporter.

Dead Russian Reporter was investigating arms sales in Iran and Syria

[edit on 3/7/2007 by shots]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It seems that the U.S.S.R. is back now, if it ever really was gone at all.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by jsobecky

What is happening with Russia? Do they simply eliminate anyone who opposes them?

Sure looks like it and Poison or shoving them out a window seems to be their preferred methods lately. Souljah has an article up where they killed some investigative reporter.

Dead Russian Reporter was investigating arms sales in Iran and Syria

[edit on 3/7/2007 by shots]

Right, the soviets, er, russians are claiming the reporter committed suicide. However, they don't or can't explain why he "jumped" out of a 5th floor stairwell window when h lived on the 3rd floor. also the spilled bag of fruit found nearby, as if he had just come from the market and decided to kill himself.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I heard the polonium that killed that spy was already out and about because it was being sold to Iran to be used as an implosion detonator.

I havet yet found any proof of this outside of an article about a Russian getting busted for trying to sell nukes a few weeks ago so nothing is proven by any stretch.

Its just creepy how all this stuff seems to be linked to other things.
It freaks me out at least but Im a paranoid nut.

The USSR is totally alive and well.

apc

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well... what do you expect when all their top guys are KGB and all our top guys are CIA? Here in the US I'm just waiting for the next mysterious stroke or heart attack.

The Soviet Empire may not be around anymore, but the Cold War certainly is.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I just heard about this story.....I know the daughter, Yana. I still can't make heads or tails of why this would happen to her....and the media isn't providing enough info, in my opinion.

I think it is interesting that the Russian Spy, Alexander Litvinenko, was first diagnosed with Thallium poisoning....

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
People who are saying Russia is full of ex-KGB scoundrels, what is our country full of? CIA scoundrels.

Now why would these 2 women be poisoned anyway?

top topics

join