It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skiing - What's You're Favorite Area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I am really jonesing for some good skiing. I would rather ski than breathe.
Having moved to the East Coast, the skiing here is, well, it's lacking.

Stand in line for a half an hour to get on a lift, then it takes a minute and a half to get to the bottom. Plus the amount of ice is amazing. I for one like ice - I am a speed freak, I just aim straight down and go. Ice is the best for speed. Just don't try and turn too often.

My favorite by far is Jackson Hole, Wyoming, followed by SteamBoat, Colorado.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't really ski, but everyone else does in my family. We live on Mount Hood, and there are 3 different places to ski here, Mount Hood Meadows (on the east side of the mountain. And then there is Timberline, and Ski Bowl on the south side of the Mountain.

We've had a Mega snow year...the Hwy is a steady stream of skiers and snow boarders all day long...even up into the night with the night skiers.

[edit on 2/28/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've never been to Mt Hood, but now I'm jealous as can be!!!!!
I'll catch the next flight out!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Good...stop by and pick up my son...he loves to go skiing....get him out of my hair for a few hours

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Always good to have a ski buddy. I hope he likes to race. I'm a pretty big guy, and I get alot of forward momentum.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well, he's almost 17, and I'm sure he'd love to beat your butt on the slopes. This kids does crazy stuff like jump off snow cliffs....he tells me about it after the fact

He loves to race...he's been racing since he was four years old. Races motor cross .... there he is now....flying through the air

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Now, that's what I call good parentin'!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's his dad....he's the "good" all allowing parent...not me.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Don't be so self effacing. I've followed some of your posts around the board, and you strike me as a fine parent.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I certainly have tried to do my best I guess I've done alright...nobody's on drugs...and it's never been an issue....I feel like they are past the real drug danger zone.

Now, lets see how they do with alcohol :w:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Don't be so self effacing. I've followed some of your posts around the board, and you strike me as a fine parent.

This girl has a loving halo so big it keeps the rain off if you stand close enough.

I am sworn to secrecy oh mighty Lombozo but this gal will walk over broken glass for her kids and she doesn't know how to pat herself on the back.

Hey Jen my favourite is a volcano in New Zealand called Mt Ruapehu (pron: ROO-AHH-PAY-WHO)

It has neat gullies cliffs and chasms. Anything but boring. The only thing missing on Kiwi skifields are trees. I love the idea of skiing through trees.

Actually the best skifields are those without snowboarders.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Actually the best skifields are those without snowboarders.

Oh how i agree...

I have done ALOT of skiing. Here in Australia i am a big fan of Mt Hotham, i love the resort, and the diverse amount of difficulty.

BUT...

Nothing compares to Whistler/Blackcombe in Canada... that was the most amazing time ever. There was a temperature inversion for a week, this meant the village was blizzardy and horrible but the ski fields were clear, blue and perfect, the length of runs were insane as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hey that's something about skiing in the States/Canada... deep powder. We usually just get piste here. Only once have I ever skied in waist deep powder and that was like skiing on velvet.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yeh deep powder is something we lack in Australia as well... When i went to Canada i was amazed what it was like lol.

top topics

join