It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

most people seems to think that aliens would be hostile. why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yeah those things get out of control.

Have you seen videos or photos of plasma beams lofting off
these lightning craft.

You can't be around them, I think some New Mexico woman were
burned back in the 50s.

Walton the was knocked out and had to be nursed back to health
before letting go.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If an alien were to visit Earth form another galaxy, most humankind would worship them as Gods as they find it impossible to travel that distance by technology. In their minds only the Gods can do it.

If a time traveler would to go back in time and show off his advanced technologies, humankind then might worship the visitor as it was impossible for anyone then to do the things that visitor was capable of doing.

What I do know is this, "don't dismiss anything as being impossible." , you will never know what you may discover in the future... an open mind is the key. Close minds are closed chapters.

Be ready to challenge what you have learnt.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
If an alien were to visit Earth form another galaxy, most humankind would worship them as Gods as they find it impossible to travel that distance by technology. In their minds only the Gods can do it.

Quite right... they did... and we did... and still do...

The Annunaki... [and they are supposedly coming back]
Christian Gods and the hoards of Angels and other related bad guys... [hmmm they say there will be a second comng too...]

If a time traveler would to go back in time and show off his advanced technologies, humankind then might worship the visitor as it was impossible for anyone then to do the things that visitor was capable of doing.

Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
:Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

What I do know is this, "don't dismiss anything as being impossible." , you will never know what you may discover in the future... an open mind is the key. Close minds are closed chapters.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
definitely a reflection of ourselves i mean look what happened to the people ( native peoples ) when we ( the aliens ) visited them .

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Because they supposedly abduct people. They also supposedly try to keep themselves hidden. And they supposedly mutilate animals.

All these things sound pretty peculiar.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Its just like a lot of people say. Throughout history, when an advanced culture meets up with an inferior culture, what happens?
Well, just ask the Native Americans, or the Mayans or if you can find any left, ask what happened to the inhabitants of Easter Island.
Yep, they were wiped out, relocated or turned into slaves.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I figure it's got to be the same way advertising and marketing work. The same kind of profession of people who make you think you have to spend your money on certain brands and products, are forming public opinion about other races of people.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
To me, aliens are monsters. They are spoken of but generally are supposedly not real. The idea of another creature being just as intelligent, if not more, than us is what makes it scary to me. A sentient creature.

There is no such thing as monsters...There are no such thing as aliens visiting Earth...

So the idea scares me. And because of it, I'd say they are hostile considering the things which people have reported. No proof that it is real, sure, but still...Experiments and what not...

Doesn't rest well with me.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
If we're assuming aliens are visiting earth on a regular basis and have been since the 1940s or before (not something I necessarily believe or disbelieve in), one would have to question the motives of a group who is keeping itself hidden and engaging in a severe breach of accepted human norms in many countries (kidnapping) over such a long period of time. It may not be evidence of any malevolence, but its sure as hell is suspicious.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
A few simple reasons why some people would chose not to trust aliens.

Abducting people against their will to perform experiments.

Impregnating women and then talking the infants away.

Cattle mutilation.

Human mutilation.

Possibly providing a " Shadow Government " with technology to control the human population.

That just my two bits tho.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
I have heard religious people state that Aliens do not exist, because they are not mentioned in the Bible... by that same argument Dinosaurs also did not exist because they too are not mentioned in the Bile, yet I find very few Christians who doubt that Dinosaurs were real.

The Bible does not mention any other children to Adam and Even, except for Cain and Abel, right? So, how did mankind propogate from that? Creationists and other zealots state that Adam and Eve must have had more children that were not mentioned in the Bible. The zealots are happy to read into the Bible something that was not written.

The Bible does not mention any alien beings created in Creation Week. So what do many zealots do? They deny their existence. The same zealots are not happy to read something into the Bible that was not written.

Flawed logic like this makes the zealots and their dogma appear to be the utter crap that it is.

I'd only be scared of religious, zealot aliens. They would be the ones that would be on a galatic purge of non-believers. Similar to how we would be when the God-fearing USA manages to travel to other star systems. Death to all zealot aliens!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
Because they supposedly abduct people. They also supposedly try to keep themselves hidden. And they supposedly mutilate animals.

All these things sound pretty peculiar.

Why would an advanced civilization want to present itself to humanity when humanity kills and destroys everything it doesn't understand and that is different?

[edit on 19-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join