It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is finding the bones of Jesus a step towards one world govt?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I can't believe they found the "alleged bones of christ". First off I think it would be a mockery or a giant crap to find out Jesus was a normal man and that his magic (I.E. Miracles). Were elaborate fabrication created by the mideval catholic church. There would be such an upraor of boycotting and people denying this that it would create a bigger schism than shiites and sunnis. If some people do believe these are his bones we would create a free form christanity kind of like a zen Buddhist-esque way of looking at it and Highly strict Pope Preist pasture control whats morally right.

By the way Remember they said in the book of Revelations that there would be false Prophets. Ever wonder if Dan Brown (author of Da Vinci Code) and James Cameron (founder of JesusBones) were those prophets some how I don't think it's a coincedince that right after one of the most contreversial books that said jesus got married and had kids and than all of a suddenly we find the alleged bones of christ . I am not one of those over religous types but this strikes me as odd that we had alledgly found these bones decades ago and we tell the world right around the time of 2012. Nout sure but does anyone see an pre-apocalyptic world????????

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Disasterous things and Amazing events must happen if this supposed NWO has only until 2012! And this is quite an amazing event! not saying i believe it to be real or not but theres not much time left, so alot of crazy things have to happen in this short amount of time.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Do you believe that if this whole thing pans out, and it does get reported that they are, in fact, the bones of jesus, that it is a step towards the One World Religion that the NWO is desperately seeking?? I know that a very important part of controlling people is Religion and I also know 100's of millions of people in the world are Christians. So in your opinion, is this a fabrication of the NWO?

I was wondering something similar myself then I came across this.

www.divinecosmos.com...

www.divinecosmos.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Do you believe that if this whole thing pans out, and it does get reported that they are, in fact, the bones of jesus, that it is a step towards the One World Religion that the NWO is desperately seeking?? I know that a very important part of controlling people is Religion and I also know 100's of millions of people in the world are Christians. So in your opinion, is this a fabrication of the NWO?

Great thread hikix. I think once they take our hopes and believes away they will have truly won. Not believing in a high self (whatever the religion is) is exactly what "they" want. I don't claim to believe every single thing the bible says because there has been proven tampering over the centuries but I DO believe their is a power higher then all of us.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by leafer]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
the information is in a vault and the combination is in the hands of three trusted associates who have no idea what is in the combination. blah blah blah

What you fail to realise is the international reach and undercover operations of The Swiss Guards !!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Who saw this program??? will it just get thrown out, or is it important at all?? does anyone still think this is an NWO propaganda video... BTW, i was born Christian but im agnostic, so im not too concerned if this proves to be tru. But im very curious if this will last more than 15 minutes!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Simly, No. Even if they found the bones of a historical Jesus, it would do little to prove his divinity. So unless you believe that to begin with, it won't change a thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Simly, No. Even if they found the bones of a historical Jesus, it would do little to prove his divinity. So unless you believe that to begin with, it won't change a thing.

well aparently his body accended to heaven, so his bones being left behind would throw that whole thing out the window.. of course you can just interpret it that his soul rose to heaven, and his human body was left behind... and u sed unless you believe that to begin with, i dont believe it but 100s of millions of people do!! but then again most people are so set in their religious beliefs that they will interpret things they want to, just like the bible is interpreted.. some things are figurative and some things are literal... just dont know who determined what is literal and what is figurative. sorry for the typos, im a lil tipsy, its 5am in NY right now
i need to go to sleep!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I registered just to post this.

OK so you really have to read between the lines of this one. This trick has been carefully crafted.

When it was announced in the news they pushed the message that 'They finally had proof that Jesus Christ lived' because of the discovery of his remains. What they are really saying here is: 'because we found his remains, Jesus was not resurrected therefore he was an ordinary mortal therefore Jesus Christ is not the son of God'.

Now if you look at the events before this announcement you will understand that peoples minds were being prepared to accept this new discovery.
You would have noticed a media campaign starting about 12mths previous for the movie 'Jesus didn't exist'. Now most Christians are not going to accept this and automatically will look for counter arguments to prove this claim wrong. So while Christians are trying to counter the claim that Jesus didn't exist, along comes a miraculous form of evidence that will justify their belief that Jesus did exist (The discovery). So many Christians easily accept the discovery of these remains as being Christ's remains without fully realizing that the purpose of the discovery hoax was to nullify the divinity of the Son of God.

Many Christians will be battling with this conflict in their minds. Some will accept that he was just a mortal man and he died while others will reject the authenticity of the discovery and their faith will be unshaken. But there will be many who will have a contrasting conflict of views over Jesus Christ's resurrection and the authenticity of the remains. Only one of these can be true and not being able to accept one and reject the other will result in confusion. Overall this trick will only bring confusion and doubt to many.

I'm not quite sure how to generalize the process of this deceit. Try this:

1. Introduce extremely unpopular idea with persuasive reasoning.
2. Introduce manipulated counter idea with seemingly unreasonable proof.
3. Result will be most people accept counter idea.

As for me, I know Jesus lives and he was resurrected on the third day and that he loves us all.
These elitists are digging a grave for themselves and the time is coming closer when our Lord will return and reign in love, righteousness and glory.

I hope we all find our way.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by latterdaysaint

So many Christians easily accept the discovery of these remains as being Christ's remains without fully realizing that the purpose of the discovery hoax was to nullify the divinity of the Son of God.

Many Christians will be battling with this conflict in their minds. Some will accept that he was just a mortal man and he died while others will reject the authenticity of the discovery and their faith will be unshaken. But there will be many who will have a contrasting conflict of views over Jesus Christ's resurrection and the authenticity of the remains. Only one of these can be true and not being able to accept one and reject the other will result in confusion. Overall this trick will only bring confusion and doubt to many.

Sorry, I am sure that the only people who will believe that those are Jesus' bones together with his wife and child, are those who want to believe something other than the Christian religion.

There is no Christian religion unless we believe that Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into heaven.

There is absolutely nothing that comes close to proving these bones belonged to Jesus.

So, I am not sure how this affects the NWO. The people who are not believers in Christianity may believe these are His bones, but faithful Christians will not.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
well, the whole event turned out to be very lackluster. So i am not sure if this will ever be discussed again in this fashion.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I watched the Discovery Channel program about the discovery of the bones. They were discovered while digging a foundation for a new apartment complex. According to the show, this area had a high concentration of burial sites. These burial sites are orgaized by family, in other words, each family has its own little place where their remains are kept. Basically, when they find one they stop working, people in charge of antiquities come and catalog all of the ossuarys (sp?), and take them to this huge storage building. There were names inscribed on the sides of the ossuarys that did not spark any interest until recently. Now, Jesus was a common name back in His day but the reason they think that these bones are The Jesus is because of the other names inscribed on the other ossuary. There was a Mary, a Joseph, a Mary of Magdeline, a couple of relatives names of Mary (mother, not wife), and Jesus's brother (Iforgot his name).

Now, according to some statitician on the show, the probability that this wasn't the actual Jesus was something like 6,000 to 1. So, based on the names they found in one family site, they concluded that there is a high probability that this is the remains of the real Jesus. There was no conspiracy subtext in the program and the program did not try to ram their opinions down your throat. They just state that it is possible that they found Jesus.

I know a lot of catholics/christians are going to have a problem with this because of what it states in the Bible but I really don't think that there is any NWO connection to this find, IMO. Unfortunately some of my fellow ATSers will try to find some nefarious hidden agenda in all of this but I really think they will be wasting their time.

For those of you who are religiou and flat out do not believe this, that's fine but try to have an open mind and please don't bad-mouth those of us who are interested in things like this and find it plausible.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
were they able to authenicate the date on it, and make sure the words inscribed on it were infact from 2000 years ago?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Discovery Channel's "Lost Tomb of Jesus" had my undivided attention only up to a point. And then they sort of offhandedly mentioned that the Israel Antiquities Authority kept the sepulchres (the bone boxes), but allowed the human remains to be reburied at an undisclosed location outside of Jerusalem. They showed a couple of youthful volunteers slamming the dry dirt with pick axes.

At that point, I had to shake my head to clear it... They did WHAT?

I mean, just forget about the sepulchres, you're telling me that the suspected bones of Jesus were simply reburied in an unmarked grave?? Sure, it's Israel, and Jews don't acknowledge Jesus as their Messiah, but the exhumation of the bones of Jesus would be the greatest archaeological / anthropological / theological discovery of the last 2000 years, would it not? I don't care if you're Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist or Hindu, you would surely be aware of the globally historic significance of such a find, even if you only suspected it was Jesus Christ's skeleton.

Did the Israel Antiquities Authority give a courtesy call to the Vatican, I'm wondering? "Say, Pope Benedict, we've got some bones down here, looks like it might be, umm, Jesus Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary and Mary Magda- Magda- eh, the other Mary. What do you want us to do with them? Give us a call by Tuesday or we're gonna put 'em in a landfill. Seeya!"

This casual disposal of the bones just doesn't make any sense to me, and made me immediately suspect the entire "discovery" was something less than credible.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/26/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Doc,

Look at it from another viewpoint.

For starters, there will never be a means of proving that the bones were Jesus' remains. Second, let's say that the sepulchres we studied and whatnot and it was proven, without a doubt, that the bones were those of Jesus. What then? He clearly didn't ascend to heaven if his bones were found. So, then that means you are announcing to the world that 2000 or so years of belief should be rethought. They must have marked the grave, no? They can always be dug up if they somehow figure out a way to determine that it was Jesus who was buried there.

I don't know if the bones were his, I didn't see the show and only read what was printed about the finding on a few news sites so I cannot make an informed decision on the veracity of the claim but the argument was a pretty good one, from what I read. What was your take? How does it impact your system of beliefs?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
What then? He clearly didn't ascend to heaven if his bones were found.

Well, no.... The Bible says that Christ's burial chamber was found empty after he was deposited in there. Nobody saw him dematerialize and "beam up" from the tomb. We are told that Christ first went to Hell, then ascended to Heaven... Then it says that Jesus was seen by his buddies after his apparent death, walking around, chatting, and he could even sit down and eat with them!

In short, Christ is described as surviving in a very corporeal way, so it doesn't sound to me as though Jesus died on the cross at all. It sounds to me as though he survived, returned, chatted with his friends, enjoyed donuts and coffee, and may have even lived out his life elsewhere under the witness protection program or something — perhaps living in secrecy with his mother, his wife and child and brother until his actual death much later.

This doesn't negate Christ's Passion nor The Crucifixion, as far as I can see, nor does it even negate The Resurrection. In a universe of infinite possibilities, Jesus possibly did return from the grave, just as the Bible says, and who is to say whether or not he first descended to Hell and ascended to Heaven before returning to earth in a physical body? I mean, we're talking about the Son of God here — if he couldn't pull off such a miracle, who could?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/26/2007 by Doc Velocity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join