It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is finding the bones of Jesus a step towards one world govt?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Do you believe that if this whole thing pans out, and it does get reported that they are, in fact, the bones of jesus, that it is a step towards the One World Religion that the NWO is desperately seeking?? I know that a very important part of controlling people is Religion and I also know 100's of millions of people in the world are Christians. So in your opinion, is this a fabrication of the NWO?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm interested in your line of thought here. I've been researching how religion fits into the NWO and the harder I look the more complex it seems to become. I am working with a number of hypotheses at the moment; I have no real considered opinion right now, but....

What intrigues me is that I read the news, I watch TV, I use the internet, but I didn't know that these tombs had been found. I am not saying that they weren't reported but that I managed to miss all of them. Wouldn't you really expect a few fanfares - not just a paragraph in the odd journal etc? So it passed me by....

I don't buy into that, which leaves other options - has it been hidden from mass consumption, was it purposefully downplayed to reduce any possible significance, I could go on, I won't.

It strikes me as odd that these tombs were found years ago and yet Hollywood Director James Cameron has released the secret to us all in what, I should imagine, is going to be a HUGE budget documentary. Russo said no, but what about Cameron?

Don't know about you, but I'm certainly feeling a little manipulated.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i feel the same way, i think its odd that the tombs have been found decades ago, and are now being reported, and even made into a documentary. As for as my line of thinking, Religion is the easiest way to control people... get them afraid of an angry vengeful god in the afterlife and they will follow a set of rules in their life on earth. So, I believe that eliminating Christianity and implimenting a new religion (have no idea how that can be done) will have a large effect on the control of the masses.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
For everyone's information Jesus did exist but he was just a prophet, just like Mohammed was according to Islamic religion. Therefor thier is a possibility that they might find his bones and then their is a possibility that they won't. Either way I dont think it will be possible to have just one religion, because you have hardcore Buddhist's, Islams, and Hindu's. Also I know that Budhist's and Hindu's don't believe in God per say like Christians do.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think this is more a case of James Cameron needing more money, fame, attention and power. This is all great press for his forthcoming movie....
...ignore it, it's more BS trying to disprove Jesus Christ was the Son of God.

It's nothing more than the "new" DaVinci Code.....

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hikix

I can see what you mean, there is the element of control but it has to be more specific.

Before education and access to mass media, yes I would agree the use of a vengeful god was an effective means of control but not now - unless the god is in a more material form. Now this could be translated as the bones, it can also be seen as the media itself and it is the media now that it is presenting us with these bones.

I am very doubtful that the presentation of these bones could create any sort of unity. If they genuinely are the bones of Jesus then I would read their presentation at this time as more of a move to undermine particular religions, though as I said I'm not sure.

Religion definately fits in to the NWO in some respect but I'm still working to get to the root of it. I don't see it as effective control.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by KilgoreTrout]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hi There,

I'm not religious, nor do I follow moral or ethical behaviour as stipulated by religious dogma and doctrine. I'm not saying that I am not moral or ethical, just that I follow mine own empathetic intuition, which I suppose for similarity (which I uncovered during my schooling and self-reading, was to all intents and purposes quite like Paine's dictum...'The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.' I am secular, but I feel it is inescapable that overlaps with certain theological morals and ethics do occur. I state this just to give an idea of my stance.

Did the 'Biblical' Jesus exist? I can neither refute that He didn't nor prove that He did, and I accept that neither can anyone else. I'd like to know how DNA analysis was made without actual cells of the Biblical Jesus surviving to this day ready for when a tomb such as this was unearthed? However, what seems to be being promulgated by Cameron is the Agnostic view of Jesus, that He and Mary Magdelene were man and wife and that they had a child (thus lending a distant credence to the bloodline theory). If this is accepted to be proof beyond all/reasonable doubt, then it may prove shattering and catastrophic for Christians around the world.

I doubt that this will ever be accepted. In fact, if the Biblical Jesus were to appear today, I doubt He would be accepted as such without Him having to prove his identity to a disbelieving humanity, and this would be a repeat of history (if indeed it was historical fact in the first place?). I see this as further muddying of the waters, creating more obsfucation, and all simply for profit.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
As a Christian I find it far more scary to think that we die and just get dumped in a box and have that be the end. Belief and hope of an afterlife can be reassuring. Not sure how to say the point I'm trying to make right now.

Jesus would have died nearly 2,000 years ago and they're just now finding his tomb? That part I find hard to believe. And there would be no way of proving whose bones are in the tomb.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Seems like a hoax to me. They dig up some bones and claim that they are the bones of Jesus. Ha! It's going to take alot more than that to convince even most nonchristians. It's a scam to make money.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I really don't see how the discovery of Jesus' bones (whoever confirms that they are in fact his bones, etc.) could possibly lead to one world religion. It is simply not possible to erase all religions, and I, as a non-religious person, am happy to accept that Jesus may have walked the earth, but it does not mean that I would instantly accept God into my life.

I also think its possible to consider that as soon as someone claims that Jesus' bones are on earth, this means that he was a human, possibly removing some of what Christian's believe about him being holy. (I don't know an awful lot about the subject, and I'm not going to claim to, but surely part of the whole belief system is based on that- BELIEF, not hard evidence...) I'm sure there would be a great interest in the discovery, but I find it impossible to imagine it changing many peoples' minds and beliefs, apart from maybe a few who are on the fence about Jesus and will only accept the religion upon the evidence of his remains.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I smelled something fishy (no pun intended) back when the Titanic won a bunch of oscars. Just hours before the award show, Cameron was initiated into the freemasons or was rushed thru certain ceremonies, I dont remember which. He is certainly a valuable tool and would be a perfect conduit for the masons to.....uh.......

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If anything...it will help it.
Lets watch as the story unfolds

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
There are plenty of people on earth who could care less even if they are the real bones of Jesus Christ.

How do they control atheists?

Unless you make everyone into atheists and control them...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
There are plenty of people on earth who could care less even if they are the real bones of Jesus Christ.

How do they control atheists?

Unless you make everyone into atheists and control them...

yes you are right, but keep in mind there are 100's of millions of christians. Hell, theres no proof jesus resurected, so maybe there is a little proof he didnt!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
To me organized religions have always seemed like stories filled with scenes that cannot be proven either way. Airtight stories with all areas covered.

Christianity seems to have all the "holes" in its story covered.

I mean come on... Jesus Christ ascends to "heaven" along with his corpse. Impossible to prove anything of his existence.

I don't care if its his bones. I don't care if he took his bones with him.

I would rather see a book of the teachings of Jesus written by Jesus. Hell anything by written by Jesus. Nothing exists.

Whats up with that.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It says the ossuary find was in the same group as the earlier James ossuary, which was proved a forgery?

Oh well World Government can go with whatever lie it wants, knowing no other method to control people. Speaking the truth does nothing for these control freaks.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It wouldn't really matter if they found Jesus' bones to anyone other than those who worshipped him. Buddhists aren't suddenly going to become Christians because you have Jesus' bones. Atheists aren't.
All it means is that he did exist. It doesn't mean he was the Messiah, or the Son of God.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the resurrection? Would this not fit with any Christian viewpoint of finding Jesus' tomb and his bones? How do you have a decaying corpse if you are lifted up into heaven? Something seems a little fishy here (about Christianity and this find, but that's another story) and I don't think it has to do with God.

If Jesus was really the "son of God" would he not be sitting in heaven now? I thought his body was resurrected, not just his spirit? Then does this disprove Christianity? Will people stop throwing bibles at me when I don't believe it?

Let the truth shine,

bs

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

To me organized religions have always seemed like stories filled with scenes that cannot be proven either way. Airtight stories with all areas covered.

Right. No dissension, no questions, take our holy word for it. This is why Cameron's film will probably not move Christians one way or another, regardless if the bones are those of the historical Jesus and his family.

I'm sure a few evangelists and a bishop or two will get some face time disputing the findings and donations from the righteous will pour in to help combat Satan's attack on Christianity. Meanwhile, Cameron goes on a media blitz and inks a book deal. Everyone wins.

I would rather see a book of the teachings of Jesus written by Jesus. Hell anything by written by Jesus. Nothing exists.

Whats up with that.

Try the Jefferson Bible, the Life and Teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. It's a compilation of Jesus' alleged sayings written by that religious radical, Thomas Jefferson, in 1804. Of course it's not actually written by Jesus, but when read outside the context of the entire Bible it presents a vastly different view of Jesus than the fundies.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i heared something about the day jesus comes back everyone will die like it would be armagedon or something what if this is it if they tryin 2 clone jesus will be the armagedon but i dont belive it really because the bible is straight bs

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join