It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is finding the bones of Jesus a step towards one world govt?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
what if they were real and it could be proven, beyond a doubt and christians worldwide were forced to face this new concept, that Jesus was nothing more than a jewish guy who had a wife and kid, died and was buried, never to be resurrected. How would the christian faith handle this? How would the church deal with this?

I'm serious about the impact this would have on Christians. I think it could be his bones and I know it can never be proven so this show will air, there will be complaints, boycots etc of the channel and it will eventually die down but I think the what if questions it raises are interesting and I would love some christian input here. How would you react if this was proven, beyond a doubt, to be real?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Im not religious but my guess would be that some if not most would keep going with the faith... after all how long have they been believing in something they don't have any proof in anyway?

A comfort thing I guess.... something to believe in.

Im sure some would go crazy though...............

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If it was scientifically proven that Jesus was just a normal man the Christian community would probably erupt in chaos. Also I think we would see the fall of the Vatican. Then again if anything like this was proven I'm sure the Vatican would do anything they could do to stop it from coming out.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakia
If it was scientifically proven that Jesus was just a normal man the Christian community would probably erupt in chaos. Also I think we would see the fall of the Vatican. Then again if anything like this was proven I'm sure the Vatican would do anything they could do to stop it from coming out.

the church would have to do everything they can to discredit the story but, personally, the best means of defense would be to ignore the hooplah and pray (to god?) that it stops making headlines as fast as possible so they can go back to collecting donations and preaching the system of beliefs that so many people live by.

If I found jesus' tomb and could prove without a doubt that he was an ordinary jewish guy, I might not even want to let the news out. I know it is massive but think of the damage you'd be doing to people. It would be devastating to the church and the followers of christianity. I might actually be more inclined to head to the vatican and say to the Pope "listen, I found this, it isn't good for business and it isn't good for the well being of mankind, so let's cut a deal. Admit to the church's sins of the past, the cover-ups etc and I'll bury this"

The church gets a clean slate, Jesus remains a symbol of the faith, the church atones for sins of the past and everyone comes out ok.

oh, and I'd want some cash too. (what, you thought this new york jew wouldn't squeeze a few shekels out of the goyim?)

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I might actually be more inclined to head to the vatican and say to the Pope "listen, I found this, it isn't good for business and it isn't good for the well being of mankind, so let's cut a deal. Admit to the church's sins of the past, the cover-ups etc and I'll bury this"

The church gets a clean slate, Jesus remains a symbol of the faith, the church atones for sins of the past and everyone comes out ok.

i like this idea..... i reckon the minute you walked into the vatican with this idea, you'd probably never return home... i don't think they would go for any deal at all. they would sweep it away and cover it up, or completely ignore you.

i don't see the discovery of jesus' bones as changing very much... it could shake the faith of some christians, but i don't think many people i know would give a monkeys, to be honest.... to many people this isn't relevant.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplecoral
i like this idea..... i reckon the minute you walked into the vatican with this idea, you'd probably never return home... i don't think they would go for any deal at all. they would sweep it away and cover it up, or completely ignore you.

I've seen enough cheesy thrillers and read enough books that cover the same genre that I would start my conversation with "I have information that will be released if I am not allowed to walk away. it will remain protected so long as I stay alive."

cue music

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by purplecoral

I've seen enough cheesy thrillers and read enough books that cover the same genre that I would start my conversation with "I have information that will be released if I am not allowed to walk away. it will remain protected so long as I stay alive."

cue music

how would you do that? someone else would have to know as well, then you've gone back on the idea, cos you would have to tell someone! so it would come out and the deal wouldn't work!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
the information is in a vault and the combination is in the hands of three trusted associates who have no idea what is in the combination. blah blah blah

it doesn't matter because there will never be a way to prove that the grave is jesus' but I actually lean towards the side of the fence where it might be. probably the whole jewish thing

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Does anyone think that there is one thing that THEY could do to bring about one world government?

I think this thread has debunked from both christians and non-christian that we are not too bothered by the whole Jesus' bones thing.

I think there is an agenda with the way in which the tombs existence has been presented to us and we need to watch and see how it pans out, but it would take big revelations to impress us enough to bring about one world government. If indeed this is the aim.

So what one thing could make you all out there fall down and comply? Is it even necessary to win us all over?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
Does anyone think that there is one thing that THEY could do to bring about one world government?

I think this thread has debunked from both christians and non-christian that we are not too bothered by the whole Jesus' bones thing.

I think there is an agenda with the way in which the tombs existence has been presented to us and we need to watch and see how it pans out, but it would take big revelations to impress us enough to bring about one world government. If indeed this is the aim.

So what one thing could make you all out there fall down and comply? Is it even necessary to win us all over?

I think you are going to have to start a whole new thread on this subject. My thread simply stated is this a STEP? Only time will tell if it really is, but i just wanted to get some opinions. Anyway, start a new thread on that and ill be happy to give you a post (if i can actually think of an answer!)

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thanks hikix - sorry to go off topic. I'll give it more thought myself and start a thread. Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
IF they are Christ's bones they'll probably just do what they do with dinosaur bones. God put them there to fool us and thus will the true believers be picked out of the false ones etc etc

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
IF they are Christ's bones they'll probably just do what they do with dinosaur bones. God put them there to fool us and thus will the true believers be picked out of the false ones etc etc

im sorry, but i dont seem to see where you are going. Are you saying God put dinosaur bones there to fool us? or God put jesus's bones there to fool us? or Jesus's bones will be displayed in a museum supported by metal rods? or am i missing the point entirely????

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
So in your opinion, is this a fabrication of the NWO?

Not in my opinion. This would be the undoing of Constantine and the Roman NWO begun around 325 A.D.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

God put them there to fool us and thus will the true believers be picked out of the false ones etc etc

So God is pretty much just Ashton Kutcher, and we're being PUNK'd!

Great.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hey they're not my words, a Jehovah's Witness told me that. I believe dinosaurs were real creatures.

But yeah, they basically say that God put fossils in the ground to divide the populace into the faithful and the non-faithful. The faithful will go to heaven while us non-believer will be forced to go to hell.... at least its warm

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Hey they're not my words, a Jehovah's Witness told me that. I believe dinosaurs were real creatures.

But yeah, they basically say that God put fossils in the ground to divide the populace into the faithful and the non-faithful. The faithful will go to heaven while us non-believer will be forced to go to hell.... at least its warm

Thats quite a bold statement, i hope you hit the jehovah's witness off with a few dollars for coming up with something that creative!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If only it were that easy to get rid of them...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

oh my.... goodness. really? who says that? i won't go to hell, because i don't believe in it. wow. errr, anyway. nothing will make me become the same as everyone else... unless the way they try to get us all into one world order is to make everyone not trust everything. that didnt make sense. i'll come back later when i've had time to think about what im saying.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Actually, they are not the bones of the Messiah, they are the bones of a 'very naughty boy!'.
(viz-a-vee - MP)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join