It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Iran intelligence 'is incorrect'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

US Iran intelligence 'is incorrect'

Source Link: www.guardian.co.uk

Much of the intelligence on Iran's nuclear facilities provided to UN inspectors by US spy agencies has turned out to be unfounded, diplomatic sources in Vienna said today.
The claims, reminiscent of the intelligence fiasco surrounding the Iraq war, coincided with a sharp increase in international tension as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reported that Iran was defying a UN security council ultimatum to freeze its nuclear programme.

That report, delivered to the security council by the IAEA director general, Mohammed ElBaradei, sets the stage for a fierce international debate on the imposition of stricter sanctions on Iran and raises the possibility that the US could resort to military action against Iranian nuclear sites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Saw that one coming a mile away....what a load of garbage and propaganda the government and news media is feeding us. It makes me sick

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The US government claimed it triple checked all the information it had recieved on Iran, and yet once again, it would have turned into another Iraq if US had proceeded to attack Iran. I can't imagine the disaster it would cause on the world's view of the US.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ok so the information may be wrong. I am not in a position to know, and neither is the meadia. The only people who know for sure is Iran, and possibly the U.S. government.
So if the information is wrong why is it wrong? Could it be a simple mistake, I doubt that triple checking the information, so what does that mean? It means some one in the government and the intelligence community is lieing. To help understand why the lieing is hapening and who is pulling the strings, look at these videos.

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

hear are the google links in case I did not enter them right on the page
part one
part two
part three

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
We are being misled once again by pretty much the same people. The only difference between Iraq and Iran are the new poster boys being used to provide the bogus evidence. The same people are pounding their chests with switched out speeches exchanging the words Iran for Iraq. Forged documents for Yellowcake sales have been swapped out for Laptops with Plutonium spheres. I tell you this all leads back to the true perpetrators of 9-11. Who would benefit from a "New Middle East", who would benefit from Islam being riled up and being vilified internationally? Not the Muslims thats for sure, and most definitely not Iraq or Iran.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted by Theukdude

Much of the intelligence on Iran's nuclear facilities provided to UN inspectors by US spy agencies has turned out to be unfounded, diplomatic sources in Vienna said today. The claims, reminiscent of the intelligence fiasco surrounding the Iraq war, coincided with a sharp increase in international tension as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reported that Iran was defying a UN security council ultimatum to freeze its nuclear program.

That report, delivered to the security council by the IAEA director general, Mohammed El Baradei, sets the stage for a fierce international debate on the imposition of stricter sanctions on Iran and raises the possibility that the US could resort to military action against Iranian nuclear sites. [Edited by Don W]

posted by DJMessiah
The US government claimed it triple checked all the information it had received on Iran and yet once again, it would have turned into another Iraq if US had proceeded to attack Iran. I can't imagine the disaster it would cause on the world's view of the US. [Edited by Don W]

Bush43 is the Chief Neo Con. That must be the conspiracy begun in and networked by the Skull and Bones out of Yale. Now we know. There is no other explanation that fits the Bush43 conduct. Look at him since November 7. He rejected the ISG Report - conceptualized by his father - out of hand. He could not recall some of the 79 recommendations when quizzed at a news conference. Now it is verboten to ask him to be specific about the Report. He has not consulted with Congress on any important appointment, like Secretary of Defense, like Deputy Secretary of State, like new Director of National Intelligence. Where is his oft boasted “spirit of cooperation” he was claiming just after the public rebuke on Election Day?

Bush43 has already re-stated that he will KILL any Iranian that tries to kill an American soldier. That’s ok for policy, but it's not smart (nor dignified) for the Head of State and Head of Government to say that publicly. That’s for the Sec of Def or a shock-and-awe VP. The President needs deniability. If you accept the Neo Con thesis that we - the US - have a 20 year window of opportunity from 1991, to reshape the world according to our design, then you can understand Bush43. Otherwise, he is a Churchillian riddle wrapped in a mystery in an enigma.

[edit on 2/22/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Exactly Pieman.

The news title should have been : US reports on WMDs is LIES again, they WANT WAR on any pretext, engineered or not.

If you accept the Neo Con thesis that we - the US - have a 20 year window of opportunity from 1991, to reshape the world according to our design, then you can understand Bush43. Otherwise, he is a Churchillian riddle wrapped in a mystery in an enigma.

I accept the neo-con thesis, use the US until they fall, then instaure the globalist empire they want, a world government... So before or not long after the ``western civilisation`` fall, they will try something to unite the earth and kill 90% of the population as in the document that Kissinger wrote, by extermination camps, vaccines, wars, virus and others things. (seriously this guy is a nazi)

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
SIGH!!! And still there will be those posting on this thread soon enough who will be saying things like... Who gives a flying leap? Bomb the bastards anyway. or some such nonsense.

It is a sad day for our country that is for sure.... I would (rhetorically) give bush minor the benefit of the doubt on Iraq, that we were just fed faulty intelligence but on Iran as well all I can do is quote bush minor himself:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. It fool me. We can't get fooled again."

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That is why Negroponte is gone and now Bush have somebody that is going to make sure that the next intelligence reports of Iran are going to be the right stuff.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ya know if I didn't drink already this century would drive me to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My understanding of any openly triple checked information concerning Iran has to do with possible weapons in Iraq…not the Iranian nuclear program (could be wrong though).

But doesn’t this portion of the article at least cause one to give a moment of pause, no matter what the US information may or may not contain?….

From the contents of the original article linked:

One of the "outstanding issues" listed in yesterday's report involves a 15-page document that appears to have been handed to IAEA inspectors by mistake with a batch of unrelated paperwork in October 2005.

That document roughly describes how to make hemispheres of enriched uranium, for which the only known use is in nuclear warheads. Iran has yet to present a satisfactory explanation of how and why it has the document.

"The issue here is the Iranians have not addressed outstanding issues, and we are still uncertain about the scope and intent of the programme," a senior UN official said last night.

"We cannot ensure the correctness and completeness of their declaration."Original Article

mg

top topics

join