It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It is much more than that though.

All That I'm Living For lyrics ~Evanessence

All that I'm living for,
All that I'm dying for,
All that I can't ignore alone at night.

I can feel the night beginning.
Separate me from the living.
Understanding me,
After all I've seen.
Piecing every thought together,
Find the words to make me better.
If I only knew how to pull myself apart.

All that I'm living for,
All that I'm dying for,
All that I'm wanted for,
Although I wanted more.
Lock the last open door, my ghosts are gaining on me.

I believe that dreams are sacred.
Take my darkest fears and play them
Like a lullaby,
Like a reason why,
Like a play of my obsessions,
Make me understand the lesson,
So I'll find myself,
So I won't be lost again.

All that I'm living for,
All that I'm dying for,
All that I'm wanted for,
Although I wanted more.

Guess I thought I'd have to change the world to make you see me,
To be the one.
I could have run forever,
But how far would I have come
Without mourning your love?

All that I'm living for,
All that I'm dying for,
All that I'm wanted for,
Although I wanted more.

Should it hurt to love you?
Should I feel like I do?

Should I lock the last open door,
My ghosts are gaining on me.

I even found a video for it! Sort of...

Edit to add: If you are on dial up start the video then pause it until the line fills with red, then hit play again.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Its all about love and forgiveness

The little boy in me that I have always protected was finally shown the what

I forgot to tell him to close his eyes

I forgot to tell him to not listen, becuase this information was from an angel

Angels dont kill little boys

Little boys go deep inside when they lose the magic.
If your little boy was wide eyed then there is still hope.
He still lives, he can make more magic with you.
When a little boy crashes on his bike, then what does he do?
He gets back on and rides some more and is a more careful rider.

God didn't die

Your interpetation of God may have changed, but nothing died except some feelings and feelings aren't facts.

Your going to be just fine LoneGunMan, I have gotten to know you in the last few months here on ATS and I know you are a strong one.

Faith Hope Pain Joy Magic Disillusion

Nothing has changed but the players................
The illusion dies

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Very wise, IA!

That was good, i hope LGM takes it to heart!

LYL

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Faith Hope Pain Joy Magic Disillusion

Nothing has changed but the players................
The illusion dies

How can that little boy live with Drucilla beating him back and the one that took his hand told him what he didnt want to here?

Drucilla...that should make you laugh!

Babe help me get it back, because not many men my age have kept him with them and it has always what made me different. I feel him dying though. When I am on a run he always knows to hide and let the big guy run the show. I need magic...I live for all the wonder of life and without my ablilty to see it my motivation runs aground. I have not even gone back to the firehouse since I got back from Chicago. I am supposed to be back on duty today.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
LGM I do not know what you are going through, but I know this chapter helped me in some dark times. I hope its a blessing for you; read it a few times if you need to, you may just find strength in it.

Good Journey,
GSM

1 Corinthians 13
1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thank you GSM. You are very kind to take your time and give it to me as a gift to help me. May God bless you and yours.

Faith, Hope, Charity

Hope. Isnt that funny? It is an Ironic thing hope is...

[edit on 23-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hi Loner,
I almost lost my "little girl" six years ago, I was taken hostage by a schizophrenic psycopathe, he had lured me into his home using one of his "appealing" personalities.
My greatest challenge was to retain my innocence, my little girl almost disappeared in the depths of my being.
I cried and cried, I couldn't find her, I missed her sooo much my Dear little friend. I had to fight for Her, people told me to forget innocence so I could protect myself.
I knew they where wrong, I had to find her, keep Her safe.
We are together again, playing.
I listened to Enigma " Return to Innocence" a lot back then.

Good Luck Dear, you are in my prayers.

By the way, we are the same age, I'm no spring chicken and was a sailor for many years. Life "out there" gets rough.
WIS

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
Hi Loner,
I almost lost my "little girl" six years ago, I was taken hostage by a schizophrenic psycopathe, he had lured me into his home using one of his "appealing" personalities.
My greatest challenge was to retain my innocence, my little girl almost disappeared in the depths of my being.
I cried and cried, I couldn't find her, I missed her sooo much my Dear little friend. I had to fight for Her, people told me to forget innocence so I could protect myself.

By the way, we are the same age, I'm no spring chicken and was a sailor for many years. Life "out there" gets rough.
WIS

Hi,

Could you explain what a Schizophrenic Psychopath is? Also what were you doing in someones house with a child?

Thanks, Just a little confused and am quite sure someone else is to.

Edit to add:

You know in my own particular case, when people are subconsciously prodded or coerced into a certain mode of thinking some might have built in hidden defense mechanisms. In the absence of sincere written dialogue, I'm positive at this point that a grasp for a persons character and the underlying complexity of his personality cannot be grasped psychically. In fact, probing the mind in such a manner elicits specific defensive mechanism. What it says is stay out until I give you what you want to know?

One must enter through the sheep-fold. If this wasn't such a conspiratorial site I would be astonished at the apparent double standard. However, psychologically speaking I have a few hurdles yet to cross as I'm sure we all do.

How this could fit in with your tragic experience is something altogether different. I'm very sorry.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Foundation]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard Foundation,

No, I have no inclination to explain, both terms are readily accessible on Wikidpedia, it is insignificant to the thread topic.
I am speaking metaphorically there is no "child". Please reread the thread.

WIS

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My friend, GOD cannot be dead until the people who created him die.

What you are describing and what IS are two totally separate things.

This control/filter has been established to understand the newer aspects of our brain (the frontal lobe) you've never even seen your frontal lobe but you know it's there from what? ... the same place you got your language, someone else.
Therefore its safe to assume that you're on the right road if you're now disregarding the GOD people have given you.
Maybe you're now becoming more familiar with your true GOD..
Not some BS a bunch of people have been feeding you, no one can understand anything within, from words without, they can just come close to describing a perception of a connection that matter and thought are making... (that the inside and the outside are making)

It's a good day when your GOD dies.
Because it means a more meaningful GOD has been borne unto you.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

WIS

I feel so much empathy for you, my sweet girl. I am so glad you have her back with you keep her until you are old and grey and I will get mine back and never let him go.

Enigma has great messages for the soul dont they.

I have such chills from reading your post, and want to thank you so deeply for sharing.

Namaste, Brian

[edit on 23-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Welcome Aboard Foundation,

No, I have no inclination to explain, both terms are readily accessible on Wikidpedia, it is insignificant to the thread topic.
I am speaking metaphorically there is no "child". Please reread the thread.

WIS

Thanks for the welcome and clarification and I'm very sorry for your tragedy.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

Not some BS a bunch of people have been feeding you, no one can understand anything within, from words without, they can just come close to describing a perception of a connection that matter and thought are making... (that the inside and the outside are making)

It's a good day when your GOD dies.
Because it means a more meaningful GOD has been borne unto you.

My friend thank you. I do understand what God is. you ever read "A course in Miracles"? Or "The disappearing Universe"? I understand the techings of Buddha and understand what he meant when he said, "I am awake".

This situation is more of a metaphor.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I want to thank all of you for coming to my rescue when I dialed 911. This in itself is proof of God in us all. You are my hero's and make me feel like there is always HOPE, FAITH and CHARITY.

Namaste to all of you fine folks.

My life shall always be in YOUR service, Brian

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hi Loner,
If you are in my service, will you please shovel snow for me tomorrow? Morning, preferably
Am I on your list? Jokes aside.

I am so happy to see you back and most importantly that the compassion of the great ATS once again has been an inspiration.
I have had much benefit of the people in here, never superficial.

Well of course we have our share of cynical zombies, but why let them ruin life, the Mods usually catch them.

The works of St. John of the Cross come to my mind, rather beneficial, for me at least.
One thing I'd like to say though is, healing has its ways, it takes time, mourning is a part of it. For me the most powerful part, it brings out a new person.
Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps there is a "quick fix".
Take Care
WIS

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oops I must be losing it! I thought I was sending u2u! Thank you for the encouragement!

[edit on 25-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
God is dead.. He died along time ago.. When beliefs became problems.. When we started to shove religion down our kids throat.. We smother people with tools of our own sanity.. And our sanity is supposedly maintained by the one many of us call god.. When people chose technology over reverting back to our old ways, god did indeed die. He's not so much as dead.. He'd just given up... I've seen some ******* miracles in my lifetime, many of them.. Things that people really wouldn't believe.. I'VE SEEN SOME TWISTED ****. Where was the one called god when this happened? It wasn't people badly burned, it was the combination of death, and straight up smoke.. This is what I have to say to the one we call god

I'm a very open minded person.. This **** sickens me. Why? why? why? ...................There's got to be more to life than this, there's got to be more than what I thought exists...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hi MadSeason,

Where is God when all the bad things happen?
Now this is just my personal opinion. God is waiting for us to take responsibility, be kind, help each other. And not turn away because it is inconvenient.
WE cause each other pain, not God.

I find it simple, but we humans are doomed to complicate every thing.:shk:
WIS

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Nice answer WIS.

Hey little brother dont fret. God lets us learn our lessons so our soul can move forward. I should have titled the thread differently because I know God cannot die or I would not be writing or thinking. We are all a portion of God as we remember who we are, as we become more like Buddha/Jesus we ascend to become one with the singularity that is God.

I was very hurt when I wrote this thread. I did it too punish someone that had only told me the truth. That truth was too much for me to bare (nothing to do with breaking up or anything it was much deeper) so I wrote this thread to make her feel my pain.

Truth forgiveness and love. This is all that matters

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Only if I can begin to tell you what i've been through in my lifespan.. I'm only 18 years old.. The **** i've been through, noone should have to experience. I've done nothing but good for other people.. I've only been shoved and spit on in favor. I've been through 'hell', and i'm still making my way back up.. I've asked for answers, I have recieved not one. I've asked these questions since I was a boy.. I've only come to realize that "god" only has favorites, if he still exists that is.. Like I said in my last post, i've seen miracles performed. I was a believer for a brief period of time.. But now i'm not too sure anymore..

"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist, i'm not a slave to a world that doesn't give a s***". -Marilyn Manson

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join