It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Has to be. If you knew what I just found out...I am losing my faith anything but this. I could have taken anything, but what I found out. Dont ask me what it is because I will never tell you, but he is dead.

Love is dead and so is God.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Has to be. If you knew what I just found out...I am losing my faith anything but this. I could have taken anything, but what I found out. Dont ask me what it is because I will never tell you, but he is dead.

Dead to you?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

It is an illusion. God might co-exist in the realm of the dead, but God is living, while experiencing and accumilating first hand knowledge of death.

You have been permitted to see a thing, a thing that does test your faith, i know.

i know because i've been there.

What you are experiencing is a "sharing" between times, or rather one time point (yours) connecting to another time point (God's confrontation with death).

This "memory" encoded into the very fabric of existance can be manifested into our shared reality by one who is approaching it through empathy for all known variables.

In other words, what it is you have witnessed is a reflection of an experience that is being shared with your soul, because it may be a requirement after your soul has shared with it.

It shall pass, but the memory of it in order to know truth compliance must be known to you, perhaps due to a choice you have made, or a choice that one you love has made.

We are interconnected, internally. Consciousnesses that have an invested interest in other consciousnesses sometimes "share" empathy pains.

I do not ask what it is you do not wish to share. If it is what i was confronted with, then proceed. It is an illusion that must be resolved via thought and thought alone. The feelings you are feeling have nothing to do with physical requirements, or infliction of pain to one's self.

Rather it is a building up of knowledge of the epitome of passions, the epitome of love, knowing and quantifying the emotions which provoke us into doing things we feel are not character traits of who it is we truly are.

You are not alone, nor are you a loan.

God is immortal, and all knowing.

In order for God to be all knowing, God must have accumilated first hand knowledge of death itself, or else the accuser of God would win due to the fact God would not be all knowing without knowing death, which would justify the accuser's claim.

With all of my being my firewalking, smoke defying brother ....

God is not dead, but once knew death.

And who's responsibility was it to retrieve God from the realm of death?

The accuser who sent God through oblivion, perhaps?

With all that i am, all that i have been, and all that i can ever hope to be, i wager all that is mine to wager that God is not only death itself, but also all other aspects of reality at the same time.

therefore, God cannot be confined to death alone. You are merely being shown a truth, and a powerful one at that.

If you trust yourself, if you trust me ......

One smoke breathing fire domesticating soul to another ....

God Lives.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That was a very thoughtful post ET. However, their is one who seek to taste death for an eternity. To have the wonderful garments I have given him permanently REMOVED. Christ has told me to avoid strife at all costs and I shall endeavor to do just that, but please believe that within me their is a storm forming of unbelievable proportion. It reared its ugly head a while ago and their is one individual it is taken a particular liking to.. An individual who seems to be under the impression that they have some sort of power.. All I can say is do your worst and then be prepared to fdace the wrath of G-d himself..

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

God is dead

Cheer up!

He rose again after three days.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foundation
.... but please believe that within me their is a storm forming of unbelievable proportion.

I often feel the same way, as though it is a powerful new emotion. Almost as thought Truth itself is an emotion, but words fail to describe it entirely accuratley.

It reared its ugly head a while ago and their is one individual it is taken a particular liking to.. An individual who seems to be under the impression that they have some sort of power.. All I can say is do your worst and then be prepared to fdace the wrath of G-d himself..

Of what individual do you speak, and what power does this individual claim to have?

thanks in advance for your time, and mine as well,
john paul peter

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
it seems like we have a little bit of nietzsche cropping up on bts

lgm, did you come upon your conclusion because of the aforementioned philosopher's works or was it an independent conclusion?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Of what individual do you speak, and what power does this individual claim to have?

He knows who he is. Jealousy is his God and that God's days are numbered so saith the LORD

Kindest Regards my friend.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Do the images in your avatar have anything to do with it? I see two faces to every story but everything is tied together in 3's.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

God is dead

I was just laying in my bunk room bed. I was trying to fall asleep, and was nearly there. But, something inside me would not let LoneGunMan's current mood persist without interjection. But, what can i say? How can i convince LoneGunMan not to abandon all hope and all faith?

What was it that he was exposed to? What is it that could shake this rock's foundation?

What words could counter such a claim from such a brother i hold so much reverence for?

His words echoing through my being. I can not let it pass. I can not rest with this on my mind. Surely an appropriate response exists to the recent heartache he has endured. If he is correct in his claim, then surely death is not what it appears to be to us.

God is dead

The Creative Force, called "God" by many is the God of Creation and of Creationing.

If Creationing is an ongoing process ......

If a child was just born.......

If a star shines in the heavens for the first time.....

If Creationing is currently happening .....

Then whether consciously aware of it or not, the Creative Force still lives.

God cannot be dead, Love cannot be dead ..... If creation is happening.

If Creation is happening, then how can the Creation Force of God and Love be dead?

LoneGunMan,

Death is choice, whether they are consciously aware of it, subconsciously aware of it, or unconsciously aware of it. Yet, death does not mean the end of their consciousness. I say these words based upon what i know, not what i think.

Find me an example where anything can be squeezed out of existance.

Find me any object in the material reality in which we live.

Now show me how it ceases to exist when enough pressure is applied to it from all directions.

It may change forms, into energy and an explosion of light, fire, and vapors and particles .... but it has not ceased to exist.

If something cannot cease to exist in the material world, why should i believe the opposite is true of the intangible and abstract realms?

If nothing can cease to exist, and the concept of "nothing" itself can not even cease to exist ....

Then how am i to believe that God and Love can cease to exist?

All that i am is yours my brother,
//signed//
SSgt John Paul Peter Goede, USAF
Nellis AFB Fire Department

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I am sorry I cannot say. ever. I woke up suddenly and had to check this post. I am sorry my spiritual brothers, it does not have to do with my recent probems, not my new avvy.

its not like anything i have faced before. i just could accept anything but what happened, mass death, a childs death, all would have been accepted to me because my belief i so strong.

it is not because of the love a man normally feels for a woman, it as not from a rejection.

all are tests, but this one wont fit in my brain.

I've taken fire extinuishers to dead bodies so the flesh would not fall off the bone when loading onto a backboard because thet were all burned up. seen real bad stuff.

nothing like this. all those my mind can explain.

this though this has taken me off my feet. I wih I could explain it to you but cannot. I hope I can find peace from this one day.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I am sorry I cannot say. ever. I woke up suddenly and had to check this post. I am sorry my spiritual brothers, it does not have to do with my recent probems, not my new avvy.

its not like anything i have faced before. i just could accept anything but what happened, mass death, a childs death, all would have been accepted to me because my belief i so strong.

I dont know you LGM but I too have had to see and do horrific things in the Fire Brigade.So we share that.

I dont know if your Christian or what ever your beliefs are,I do think it important to you to at least u2u someone you feel comfortable with or respect and share this with them,someone you can trust to keep it to themselves and talk it out.

all are tests, but this one wont fit in my brain.

I hope I can find peace from this one day.

If all are tests and you believe in God hang in there,the reward is waiting with your success.
I hope you do find peace and I just prayed for you.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by gps777]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
It is an illusion. God might co-exist in the realm of the dead, but God is living, while experiencing and accumulating first hand knowledge of death.

Thank you!

You have been permitted to see a thing, a thing that does test your faith, i know.

i know because i've been there.

Faith (if true) never dies....only gets close...but what doesn't kill it makes it stronger. Since it never dies....it only gets stronger.

This "memory" encoded into the very fabric of existence can be manifested into our shared reality by one who is approaching it through empathy for all known variables.

Wow. That's good!

Rather it is a building up of knowledge of the epitome of passions, the epitome of love, knowing and quantifying the emotions which provoke us into doing things we feel are not character traits of who it is we truly are.

Yet what is the epitome of emotions....truth as an emotion, an overwhelming storm...

In order for God to be all knowing, God must have accumulated first hand knowledge of death itself, or else the accuser of God would win due to the fact God would not be all knowing without knowing death, which would justify the accuser's claim.

Amen!

therefore, God cannot be confined to death alone. You are merely being shown a truth, and a powerful one at that.

Truth is powerful just in its minor manifestations. Overwhelming when major. Thank you for your sincere good counsel toward LGM. You know how i feel about my firefighters. That never changes.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

its not like anything i have faced before. i just could accept anything but what happened, mass death, a child's death, all would have been accepted to me because my belief i so strong.

Not so strong, but still alive.

i have someone in my life who says: 'I can take anything so long as it is the truth.'

When things are LAID BARE all that is left is 'truth.'

I hope I can find peace from this one day.

Well, if i can...or anyone else can...and i certainly HAVE made peace with unpeacable things...and others HAVE as well...then undoubtedly you can, too.

i have faith in you and believe in you. It will be OK, love.

Faith in God is ultimately above even faith in those who bear His witness.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

*Hugs across the miles, you're in my prayers.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
it seems like we have a little bit of nietzsche cropping up on bts

Nietzsche was not an athiest in the orthodox sense of the word. When Nietzsche said "God is dead," what he was referring to was society's attitude towards the idea of God... He didn't literally mean that God is actually dead or that there is no God. That is a common misunderstanding of Nietzsche's philosophy.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

this though this has taken me off my feet. I wih I could explain it to you but cannot. I hope I can find peace from this one day.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

LoneGunMan, would it be of any consolation to you if I told you that I have actually "seen" God and know that he is very real, and very alive?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've seen death in abundance and one man holds the key. It could be you,may be me?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If that were true.

I'm guessing you just broke up with someone.

because Love is alive and well. So God who is love is alive and well

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76

I'm guessing you just broke up with someone.

Nah, I'm thinking that he saw something happen that shocked him...I don't think it's necessarily anything of a personal nature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join