It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP Anybody else hear a high pitched noise? ringing in your ears??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
well well i just noticed this thread....

This is weird......

I posted a similar thread just two hours ago.

I don t want to steal any of you into my thread but InfraredMan has just posted something interesting on mine Whistling Ears pop in to get the links.
All credit to him.
As for myself i will call back when i have a thorough look in this thread.

Be well!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here's your thread
above top secret

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
well its been almost 2 years since i started this thread and guess what...im hearing the noise right now....and its still constant. still havent figured out what it is. ;(

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
yes, i hear the same thing, at first i thought it was lightbulbs but after i turned the lights off the ringing was still there i am only 17 and i dont eat the poisoned food so it cant be blood pressure it may be these dang digital signals but ive been hearing it for years i just think about something good til it goes away

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've heard this before plenty of times (in different places and situations) and I never put a whole lot of thought into it until now. When I was younger (I'm almost 30 now) I would say that I was hearing electromagnetic signals from anything electronic. And I have never had any type of blood pressure problem. I am one of those who have fired a gun w/o protection and been to loud concerts but I've been hearing the noise before all that and I still do today. I almost want to think that it could be something way out there, weather it's alien, ESP, or something supernatural related. Now with the right focus when I would meditate I could ignore / not hear the noise. Also on the other hand, I just started doing this, but if I focus on the noise I can intensify the noise almost to the point where it seems to pulsate, but right now its just something I don't understand. Now I've just started my research in to this (I haven't studied every ones post yet) and this is my first post and I just felt like getting this off my chest, so I hope this is a learning experience for us all.

Blessed be,
Wing Zero

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I am a member of the United States Marine Corps, and found that tinnitus was bothering me when I tried to sleep on occassion. I found that if I put in ear plugs for 20 minutes or so and then removed them, the ringing would stop. (the ringing continues when you have the plugs in.) Good Luck.

PFC Parry

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes, not only me, but my family hears a high pitched frequency. It is louder at night, louder in one part of the house. We plan to shut off all the power. I believe it's either coming from a cell phone tower OR that it is the wireless internet; we've seen that many wireless connections from our neighbors are picked up at our house.

This is not "ringing of the ears." There are times that we hear it, we can shut off a power source and the pitch may go down a tiny portion of a tone, it is definitely electrical. Here's my concern: When all tv's go digital, and they start using the available frequencies for other things, how many more frequencies will we hear? We need frequency detectors in our homes so we can keep these EMF's or whatever they are in check!!! People sending frequencies at our home locations should be responsible to keep the frequency levels they emit at responsible NON audible frequencies!! I think it's a TERRIBLE injustice that we have to hear this!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
HI im experienceing the exact same as you!!!!!! ive been hearing it for the past few years now (=/) but the thing is i thougth everybody heard this sound thatsx why i never told any1.until now ive made a apointment to the doctors. and when im in my bed and everythigns quiet i do hear it and it stops me from getting to sleep.ive had meningitas in the past and ive been temporalily blind and def that may be the problem why i hear this.just make an apointment at the doctors.its really pISSIN me off now just make a doctors apointment and good luck if u wanna keep in touch
my email is [email protected]
btw im only 14..

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I don't think that ringing in your ears amounts to anything. I have it too, but it goes away. It doesn't cause me to jump off a roof, talk on my phone for hours, waste my money on things I don't really need, cause me to worship certain individuals, act like anyone else, etc.. So don't worry about it

There many things that will go away if you're not looking for them

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It will sometimes almost turn on or have some type of sub modulation on the carrier or initial frequency you hear. You can have lots of other symptoms also.
Check out info on DEWs directed energy weapons. If you have something that pics up RF signals at approx 2400mhz you can listen to it and verify that it's being directed at you by moving within the house and have the antenna stationary. You should be able to hear a pulsing or ticking depending on the radios modulation setting.

You may be able to hear it moving up in frequency from about 1000mhz up ... it will almost scan upwards, but I think most of that is because the pulse rate and frequency change on the subcarrier and this produces harmonics that are picked up like its scanning.

Try it... it'll probably work...
Rgds

[edit on 17-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
tinnitus can be hereditory, or from hearing damage

myself, i have a family history of deafness or at the least some hearing problems.

my mum has a buzz type of tinnitus. like the buzzing power lines make on a hot day.

mine is a high pitched tone, much like the ones you hear in a hearing test.

tinnitus is actually your ears thinking they hear a sound when they are not.

this is why some find actually making some type of noise (eg fan, radio etc) will make it go away... your giving your ears something to tune into, instead of tuning into a defect in your hearing.

hearing damage is irrepairable, and your ears do not feel pain with loud music.
you could have it cranking and not realise your destroying your hearing.

theres a bunch of hairs in your ear drum that vibrate when you hear noise, and send the signal to our brain which we know as a sound.
think of them like blades of grass that make up your lawn

listening to loud music, noises etc for extended periods is like getting your lawn mower out and cutting the grass down to dirt level, leaving no blades, only the roots.

once this has happened to your ears they can never grow back. and thats what makes you feel like someone turned down the volume, because those hairs are not long enough to easily detect the vibrations.
effectively, you will now have to listen to everything at a loud volume just to get those hairs to give a response.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
:ive had it since i had meningitis (its a desease like cancer but u can recover from it). my moms making a appointment with the doctors soon and im just glad im not the only 1 with this # in my dam head!!!!im hearing it right now i feal like hanging my self!!!@@@! lmao anyway just make a apointment with the doctors.
(im 13 btw)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I hear the same high pitch frequency, when i cover my ears with my hands its like its in my head.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Over the last 3 or 4 weeks I have had exactly what Interestedalways describes, its not a ringing more of a high frequency sound.Like it is in your head not coming in through your ears.

I put it down to the desktop Pc,Fans whistling etc.I also thought it could be the wireless router waves ,I have 2 laptops and 2 desktops running wireless.

I have it most nights when I am using the desktop.It was so bad the other night I shut down the desktop and used the laptop.

Another thing I have noticed is that it goes away after a nights sleep.Strange.

Lewtra

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewtra
Over the last 3 or 4 weeks I have had exactly what Interestedalways describes, its not a ringing more of a high frequency sound.Like it is in your head not coming in through your ears.

Hi lewtra. Do you get the ringing all the time or just when you're in certain places? I've been hearing a kind of beeping tone kind of noise that started around the 5th of Feb. and I think this relates to the Sun or perhaps another celestial body.

This may sound off the wall but humor me. Go outside and face south in a quiet place that has an unobstructed view of the southern sky ideally between 12-3AM. See if you hear the ringing or tones which is followed by a sound similar to a faint jet approaching.

This may not be related at all to what you are hearing, but you never know. I'm in No. Carolina in case you're wondering.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Hi lewtra. Do you get the ringing all the time or just when you're in certain places? I've been hearing a kind of beeping tone kind of noise that started around the 5th of Feb. and I think this relates to the Sun or perhaps another celestial body. This may sound off the wall but humor me. Go outside and face south in a quiet place that has an unobstructed view of the southern sky ideally between 12-3AM. See if you hear the ringing or tones which is followed by a sound similar to a faint jet approaching. This may not be related at all to what you are hearing, but you never know. I'm in No. Carolina in case you're wondering.

No,not all the time but it does get more intense when I'm on the desktop Pc.It is a confined space.This is why I thought it could be the hi pitched whine of the fans or that my brain is been microwaved by the router. Maybe it is just exaggerating what is already there.

I have questioned my partner about it before I saw this thread,but she said she cant hear anything.

Someone pointed out earlier about it going away when you occupy your mind with something else.Yes,that's the kind of situation I am experiencing,then the next minute I think"oh its back again."

I will try that little experiment that you suggested, when I take the dog out tomorrow.

I have also thought about the far out theory's like mind manipulation,asteroid approaching etc,but I'll not go into that.

Lewtra

[edit on 20/2/2009 by lewtra]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
we were talking in another thread and a few of us realize that we can hear a high pitched noise sorta like the whine of the television but we can still hear it when everything is turned off. its to the point with me that it causes discomfort to my eardrums. if I'm busy or somewhere where theres lots of people i forget about it and don't notice it but when im in my apt. or somewhere quite in can definitely hear it. was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this? what is making this noise? its starting to worry me a bit.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Funkydung]
Haveseen4myself
I have not had a reply from Haveseen4myself because he is caught up in a more important thread.

There is something going on but I don't know WHAT???My ears are ringing with this abnormal phenomena(if that's the right word)I am mid 40s so maybe it is part of my sell by date.

What are your thoughts on this OP?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I am new here so hello everyone. I have been hearing this noise for about 4 weeks now on and off. I say noise but its more like a realy realy high frequency in my head. This is going to sound realy odd, but i seem to experience it when i am researching 2012, conspiracys, ufo's ect.... It allways reminds me of the noise from the TV when its a blank screen. Please tell me i am not the only one who seems to experience this (frequency during these circumstances.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jmaes

No you are not the only one.

I have posted already quite a bit on this thread, so I will keep it short, I have also noticed it's more intense when I am online researching certain topics.

Not one or two particular topics, but topics that are "intense" by nature or that deviate from the normal consensus.

I used to think it was some kind of preparation for vibratory increase, I just don't have any theories about it anymore, always nice to read what others think.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join