It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything I Believed is a Lie, Please Help Me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Forgiveness and unconditional love for all is where you need to direct your journey.

I'm loving this conversation.

Forgiveness is not a gift to the person that wronged you. Forgiveness is a gift to yourself, so that you may go on with your own life in peace.

Unconditional love is the greatest gift you can give to this world, and to yourself.

These things can be found in only one place, your heart.

The true journey of your soul begins when you have lost all faith in the world, and nothing is left but the desparate desire to seek the creator of us all, who has been waiting with open arms.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Everything I Believed is a Lie, Please Help Me.

Thank you for this post, thank you very much =)
Am not much for voicing my opinion on things, for i feel its better to listen and learn from others, and then form my own conclusions. Thus, this will be my first post in over 3 years of daily reading on this board. =)

I myself went though exactly what you describe about 3 years ago. What lead me to those same thoughts? Everything you spoke about above. I've always had an inner burning to "help others", to humble myself to be above no one, we are all equals, regardless of race, creed, religion or all these other "distractions" the human race entertain themselves with. But, over a 30 year span, watching everyone i've ever come in contact with and accept as a "friend" only betray that later, in one form or another. *job opt, gf's, money, cars, name it*. Well, there is only so much one can take before they are done being taking advantage of.

The golden rule is always how i've lived, and was raised with the understanding that I can expect that from most of my fellow man. LOL, not so...

What am gonna say next, I only say to tell ya how I got outta that circle, and found peace in my life, and began to enjoy it.

1) Walked away from a very sucessful job.
2) Sold most of everything I had left, after the exwife made sure I had nothing when she left with a Co-worker.
3) Moved out of the cities, and urban areas, bought a small very affordable house out in the country, with a little land..
4) Got a good dog, more loyal and trustworthy then anyone i've met, other then my wonderful parents.
5) Got my butt outside, when the sun comes up, and when the sun goes down, even for just a little bit.. And while am there, I listen, for a bird, for a cricket, for something that tells me there is something really wonderful in life, even if it is only something very small. Even if am outside all day long, its still important to take those moments to "appreciate" whats around you, rather then to be "racing off" to get something done and not paying any attention.

3 years later? well you could say am one of the "Mr. Slave's" mentioned in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, at the end of the day, am more happy, and at peace with myself then I ever was with a big fancy house, lexus in the drive way and knowing my networth is higher the "those around me". *read: what we have been taught in order to be "successful" in the world.*

But, know one thing Shadowflux, your not alone. i've no idea how old you are, but the more and more I look at the younger generation *am in my early 30's* I see the same "compassion" and "eagerness for truth" that you describe, and I feel.. but yet can't seem to understand why the older generations just can't seem to bother themselves with it. yes, there are rotten apples out there, but thats only because they where "taught by rotten apples" and find that when I run into them, if I take some of my time and invest it in them, they are eager for the "reality". if that makes any sense.

Again, Shadowflux thank you for this post. This just reinforces what am slowly starting to see more and more, I/we/us are not really that alone in these feelings. The rotten apples will take care of themselves, its just all in due time. =)

..... when you take a step forward, take a moment and "pretend you are going to 'step up' in your stride". even if there is no step up, because reality is only what you create, and regardless if you "actually step up or not" you already did in just thinking about it. .......

****edit to fix the quote.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Lunchman]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ah, yes, welcome, or have you merely returned? Being a nihilist is fine by me, I believe in Nothing, literally. Like was mentioned above, live for happiness, love, and joy, and ultimately it will reveal its self as you allow it to be planted within you. Know that Every thing you do effects every thing you do, from thoughts to seemingly thoughtless emotions. You are energy and We are all energy, energy is Existence. You can be and do any and every thing you want, limitation is only a choice, as every thing is only a choice. Our experiences may not all ways Be our choice because of the current predicaments on this planet, but how We experience is. All ways try to find the good, it is every where when looked for. We are creator and creation, and with our thoughts we create our reality, the reality that we call creation. Know that all really is Perfect, despite of what religions have taught Us, for if our Existence (Humans call it the universe) was ever once 1 percent unperfect it would cease to Exist, it must Exist Perfectly to continue Being. Mrwupy articulated it of pulchritudinous perspicuity.

After you are finished calming, or, too, before... do not Be afraid to allow your intellect to bloom beyond any thing you have ever imagined, think freely, and in doing so you will help the world. One person alone does not make change because we are all us, connected for ever, but one sonorous person alone can represent the coming change... you are never alone, we are all ways here for each other

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Forgiveness is not a gift to the person that wronged you. Forgiveness is a gift to yourself, so that you may go on with your own life in peace.

Unconditional love is the greatest gift you can give to this world, and to yourself.

These things can be found in only one place, your heart.

The true journey of your soul begins when you have lost all faith in the world, and nothing is left but the desparate desire to seek the creator of us all, who has been waiting with open arms.

Standing ovation to you my fellow sojourner! Forgivenes is truely the best gift we can give ourselves!!

The keys are in your pocket, pull them out and drive.

Our creator cannot be found any other way.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The old world is crumbling, in its wake will arise a glorious phoenix of Truth that will sweep across the world, and reveal the Greatness we all are...

Life in 3D was not meant to be easy, we fully knew what it would entail when we agreed to venture down here; but, as you see around you, you are not alone. Many many people, me included have or are going through what you are. In fact, now is the time when everyone will start to reevaluate things, and that will lead them to the Truth.

The human race is awakening from its slumber. We, for our entire history, have just lived our lives, oblivious to our true nature and the true nature of our surroundings. Only recently have the species started to question, and the answers we find lead us to the fact that the reality we were sold is false. But, remember, it is false, that means there must be a True Reality.

The True Reality is...we are all infinite beings, we are not even this physical body, or this expression, this is just one part of our multi-dimensional self. What is happening is your Higher Self, the part of you that is all of your collective experiences, from all your lifetimes, your spirit guides and other beings who work with you, they are starting to put you on the right direction. Question Everything, and believe what you feel is right for you.

We are the creators of our reality, individually and collectively. We cannot deny this fact any longer. We cannot deny the fact that Like attracts Like, also known as the Law of Attraction. Whether we understand it or not, the law is always in effect. Basketball players are drawn to each other, singers are drawn to each other, Truthseekers are drawn to each other, its a fact of life.

Do not despair as the old world crumbles, for this is the start of something great. Every single mind that wakes up raises the vibrational harmonic frequency of the Earth, and in effect speeds up the awakening. Resistance to the awakening, and clinging to the old world slows the awakening. Its just that simple.

Thankfully, many people are awakening, in great numbers, and this will create the energy needed to change the world. Know it. We are the Light Bringers to Earth, here to transmute the darkness of Fear with the Love of Light. This is the True nature of reality, and you have chosen to experience and be apart of it.

My advice to you is: find a subject you feel most passionate about, a wrong that you feel must be made right, and work passionately to right it. This could be anything, government corruption, enviromental issues, or you could just want to teach the Truth to others. Either way, rejoice, because your awakening has begun.

In Love and Light, I AM.

--Namaste Adonai--

[edit on 12-2-2007 by LightWorker13]

[edit on 12-2-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
www.near-death.com...

www.nderf.org...

draw your own conclusions if you even want to read these. Its not about religion, its about the evidence for what happens when we die. And its not nearly as scary and judgemental as you have probably been led to think.

I know how you feel, all too well.

Oh yeah, there is also this thing:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Teh SEECRITZ zomg! It may be cheesy, but it might actually work. And its free, so try it anyway!

[edit on 12-2-2007 by BallOfPopulation]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You have voted LightWorker13 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

This is one of the most inspiring threads on ATS!

Lightworker13 the awakening is here isnt it?

It feels good too!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
People have been telling themselves for thousands of years that surely now would be the revolution, coming of christ, "awakening", redemption, destruction, apocalypse, end times, etc etc etc....it's a nice thought, but don't get your hopes up, and don't try to feed this guy more BS, as he doesn't need it right now.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Oh yes it is indeed, thank you for your warm gesture. We definately are the wayshowers...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I very well could have written your opening paragraph. We live in a time when the Powers of Darkness are, apparently, stronger than those of Light. The superior man does not fight such strength head on but Retreats, in strength and solitude, awaiting a better time to create progress. Personal, mantric, dogmatic righteousness; a daily routine will pass you through. With due reflection, choice by choice the master withdraws until the storm passes.

Create a veil and stand within; hajib. Impose limits and boundaries upon the demons that pull your Energy.

Serve The Almighty, let Jah be Guide. To Work alone are you entitled. Let your evil environment breed Passion

exalt the Holy and slay demons,

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is the first thing that you should remember.

I had gone through horrifying things that you may not even believe if I tell you. And so do countless other people.

I don't know with others, but this is my own opinion.

I find life too complicated to understand, so I won't force it.

Sometimes, going with the flow makes it easy.

Have you tried seeing the other way?

I mean why not count your blessings. You may not be aware of it but there could be a thousand and one things that you have in your possesion that you have not realized that you should be thankful for. Maybe things that money can't buy etc.

Realize that other people also have sufferings.

I am still in one piece, some other people are not. I have met people who are blind, no arms, no legs, etc. But their will to live and the way they accpet the reality is just amazing.

Sometimes we have been too comfortable with our lives so that small discomforts can be considered too much.

Don't expect too much from other people.

Accept bad & difficult things that is happening to you as a challenge. The harder it is, the greater the reward is.

Life is like a long journey. Probably it has been said many times, but...

Nobody is perfect. Our life here on earth is not perfect either. So,,,

If you ever get close to perfection, that should be something big already.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
if you wake up everyday with a roof over your head, clean water to drink, food to eat, clothes on your back, and the freedom to choose what you want to do on that day...you have a better life than billions of other people who are living in this world. so cheer up.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
if you wake up everyday with a roof over your head, clean water to drink, food to eat, clothes on your back, and the freedom to choose what you want to do on that day...you have a better life than billions of other people who are living in this world. so cheer up.

Amen. All you have to do is starve for a couple of weeks to straighten your head out. When you get to the point that you're seriously considering eating rodents and snakes raw, you'll realize what are the true priorities in life. All of that other feely-touchy pure energy white light nonsense is a luxury — an idle hobby — for people who have never experienced survival.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I believe the bible says something about the person who gains wisdom gaining sadness along with it.

And I`m not even a christian.

"You have voted Shadowflux for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

Congratulations, you`re the first person ever to get a WATS vote from me.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Amen. All you have to do is starve for a couple of weeks to straighten your head out. When you get to the point that you're seriously considering eating rodents and snakes raw, you'll realize what are the true priorities in life. All of that other feely-touchy pure energy white light nonsense is a luxury — an idle hobby — for people who have never experienced survival.

— Doc Velocity

I take offense to this. I talk about pure energy, the spectrum of light, and being feely and touchy... and I have experienced "survival". If you'd like to know, u2u me. We don't have to attack what we don't comprehend

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
I take offense to this. I talk about pure energy, the spectrum of light, and being feely and touchy... and I have experienced "survival". If you'd like to know, u2u me. We don't have to attack what we don't comprehend.

Why hide it in private messages? I have nothing to hide, nothing to fear, and nothing for which to apologize.

I comprehend all of that metaphysical mumbo-jumbo, also, and I'm not attacking it. I lived in the lap of luxury for most of my early life, explored all manner of metaphysical and intellectual pursuits, wrote and spoke about it as if I was an enlightened one...

And then I lost everything, down to the clothes on my back. I survived homeless for 2 years, with no family nor friends to call upon, never knowing where I was going to sleep or if I was going to ever eat again. At that point, I experienced the greatest clarity of thought, my perspective on life and living completely up-ended.

I know now that we in the West are so far away from the true living of life that we couldn't find our way back with a roadmap. All of the ridiculous chants and rituals that we perform each day to get in touch with ourselves don't mean squat, my friend. It's the essential things — the eating, the sleeping, the waking up, the fighting for survival by whatever means for one more day — those items are the essence of living. It's why we're here.

The rest of it — the psychological analysis, the search for deeper meaning, the enlightenment — is pure bunk. Nice hobbies, I suppose, for those with an abundance of time on their hands.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Good news: Its a phase. A very hard phase but still just a phase. You really should be proud of yourself. Getting this far in your study of "reality" is very rare for anyone. Sense is not a priority, nothing will make it. Just let yourself go. Give it time, took me about a year, but you will feel better about things. Let everything stew for a while and see what comes to mind, you may be suprised! Not everybody should be given knowledge. Most are so programed and blind that such knowledge would scare, anger or make them laugh but that is not your concern. You have given yourself this knowledge. It is a path you chose. If you are here to teach others then the time will come of its own accord. Those who need to hear what you know will find you over time. And what is time? Hang in there, you are not alone and never will be.
The bad news: there is no bad news.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Lots of great ideas and comments in this discussion, one of the best topics I've seen here at ATS. While most here are far more elegant with words than I am. I'll add that when I look around and see all the war, all the poverty, all the dying, all the lies and deceptions, the only thing that keeps me going is hope.
Hope, that one day there will be no more war.
Hope, that one day poverty and starvation will be eliminated.
Hope, that one day greed will be replaced with compassion.
Hope, that one day truth and justice reign supreme.
Hope, that one day all mankind will work together for a greater tomorrow.
Hope, that when I die and face my God he will have mercy on us and say "you tried"

I know it sounds cliche, idealistic, and naive. However, when it all goes wrong and things look bleak. I know, I still have hope and with that alone, I will succeed.

Keep Hope Alive!

[edit on 13-2-2007 by QuietRenegade]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Sounds like 'Malachi syndrome" to me. Very deep writings from within. I am experiencing the same. Alot of awesome advice posts indeed. However, in my situation my answer is 'wait'. Waiting is sifting my motives and reducing the 'me' part to HIS will. God have mercy and help our restless souls.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

— Doc Velocity

I take offense to this. I talk about pure energy, the spectrum of light, and being feely and touchy... and I have experienced "survival". If you'd like to know, u2u me. We don't have to attack what we don't comprehend

That is basicly the reason i've not once posted here in 3 years. What good does that statement by Doc do exactly? how does it present anything other then the "great doc" has had it harder in life? thus what? he's above everone else? and anything he doesn't understand is a Luxury nonsense? LOL< that is the funniest thing i've read in a long time, and can honestly only feel sorry for ya Doc. A) because ya had to go though a rough spot, like everyone does in there life and B) because you didn't learn anything from it. All it did was close your mind to the things you fail to understand. Regardless with agree'in with it, its just no respect for your fellow person and his thoughts/beliefs/ideas. Very Sad Doc, Very sad.. Sure glad you don't treat anything that ever affects me, for am afraid that you'd hand out the wrong meds, only because you've failed to educate yourself to new ideas..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join