It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything I Believed is a Lie, Please Help Me

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
You say you try to follow the teachings of Budda and Christ. They are on different teams no wonder you are confused. Buddhism is a religion of works. Those that accept the Messiah are saved by grace.

And here we go....

Let's not make this another thread for recruiting Christians, alright? All religions have useful lessons and varying degrees of truth, and the OP is perfectly capable of finding the right one for him. We already know you have found yours, so maybe some advice regarding his situation would be better.

I gave him solid advice. A little truth might do the OP some good. People perish from lack of knowledge.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
"The world is a dark, brutal place completely lacking in love and compassion. We love only violence, power and money. We spit on the poor, sick and helpless. We idolize the greedy and insane. We seek to emulate only the worst of human traits and reward those that are best at it. We fear anything that is different and seek it’s destruction. Kind words of love and compassion warm our hearts but vicious words of hatred and violence move us to action. "

I was where you were a few months after stumbling onto the NWO, the rothschilds, the illuminati, all the stuff.

I eventually came out of the funk, because of the people in my life. Real tangible people that make life worth living.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet !

Continue to learn, ask questions, open your eyes, but as carl sagan said;
"It's great to have an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out"

You need to question the conspiracy theories as hard as you question religion, government, whatever.

If all else fails, and you still find yourself thinking the world is black, turn off the PC, and go volunteer at a soup kitchen, or at a local school, do something good, and you will get a positive result, and hopefully you can see the wonderful, beautiful things that happen everyday again

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hi, just wanted to say i feel the same way sometimes ....... when i first began to research things the more questions i had. I soon came to the realization that most people are oblivious to what is going on or just dont care because they think if its true what can they possibly do. I also try to talk to my friends and familly and i get the same result. I depress them. I still think that the more people you tell the more people might think about these things seriously. While it is true that ignorance is bliss it is also true that when the time comes KNOWLEGE IS POWER!!! The more people we can help educate the more likely we will be able to stop the madness and lies. Your life is yours and what u do with it its up to you but you have to ask yourself......Would i be better off not knowing any of this ? Would it be better not for me not to try to educate those around me? I also want to say that we have to question everything. EVERYTHING..... even our theories. After all that is how we came to this point in the 1st place isnt it? If u ask me im happy im no longer living in a delusional paradise. Ignorance is not bliss........for some it may be a death sentence.

Sincerely.......Your fellow educated and concerned citizen

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I want to thank you for your continued attention and concern. I'm sorry i haven't posted on this in a few days but I felt i'd take some of your advice and take a break from the net for a little while. It's late so I'm going to try and keep this post short, I'm still planning on responding to people individually but I do most of my posting at work.

I didn't mean to sound like I was suicidal, I'm not. I didn't want this thread to come off as some desparate cry for attention because it's not. I'm not the "feel bad for me" suicidal type.

I just...... I dunno, I can't find any motivation anymore. The idea of continuing with my career path, getting a house and shopping for drapes just seems so......pointless. I feel better than I did when I wrote the first post, I feel better just knowing I'm not alone or wrong in feeling the way I do. I just don't know where to go from here.

It's all just so depressing, and not having any motivation is even more depressing. I'm the type that gets depressed and agitated when I have nothing to do and no long term plan. There're so many things in my life I need to do but I can't get them done anymore. I need a new job, a new house, new friends, a new purpose in life.

I look at the people around me, the people on the street, everywhere I go, they're all so asleep. Somehow they're just able to blindly go and do things that I can't do because they don't think about anything, they don't look for true meaning in anything. I just can't do that. I don't proclaim to believe in anything unless I understand it as best I can. I can't do something unless I see the point, the meaning and purpose behind me doing it.

I have to, somehow, be able to play this game of illusions everyone is lost in and I just can't do it. I feel like i should be able to to play it better than anyone since I know it's all a sham but somehow knowing it's all BS makes it impossible to win.

Maybe I'm just approaching it all the wrong way. Perhaps honesty and integrity is not the way to do it. Maybe I shouldn't feel bad for what I do to other people because they're mostly just sheep. I've always been able to swindle almost anyone, to "run game on them" as the local dialect would have it, but I've always tried not to. It was just so easy that I felt I had a responsability to not do it. I didn't want to be that kind of person.

I suppose I have three major problems. First, I need motivation, I need something that will make me want to go after it. Something I want bad enough that I'd be willing to play this rediculous game. Second, I need to find a way to balance the need to lie, cheat and steal to get ahead in this world with my need to live by a certain moral code and set of personal standards. Third, I think there are a few things I need to come to terms with in my life, a few things I've been in denile about and a few things I haven't truly faced yet. I suppose that all sounds pretty vague.

It's late and it's cold and I want to go to bed so I'll just cut it off here. I'll write more with in the next day or two and I'll respond to people as best I can.

Thanks again everyone, you've helped me more than you know.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Please do no feel alone.
Everyday I walk with a breaking heart.
It feels like lead in my chest.
I feel exactly word for word how you do.
I just joined now, because I was compelled to answer your post.
If you ever need to talk, I'll be here for you.
As a child, I knew these things, I always felt like this was not my home, continually looking to the skies, awaiting my real kindred to fly me back home.
No, I'm not nuts, just fed up with all the garbage served up on a daily basis. It's just too hard to swallow everyday.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Detailed long post.
Thank you for sharing.

Yes it may seem discouraging, and my post will not give the answer, but I can point at what helped me in a similar situation.

I was a missionary for the church, worked for one of the most well known pastors in America, etc. My views have vastly changed at least in comparison to what the church teaches. - my understanding of the Bible, to me goes deeper, yet to Christians on it may seem heretical...but who cares, Im at peace...and thats the point.

Eckhart Tolle audio books (I found audio to be more beneficial as its good to refresh the mind on a topic after it has been so engrained in different thought patterns. Plus he reads well, and some misunderstandings are potentially cleared up by hearing his voice inflection.)

Eckhart once thought education had the answers...
Then one day one of his professors, he admired, killed himself.

Echkart also went though a time of "breaking"...and then resurfaced...at peace.

I have his audio books, Power of Now, Silence Speaks, Teacher Series, New Earth...I highly recommend all. (Silence speaks and Power of now are complimentary, New Earth trailblazes with new words/pointers to get ideas across...)

Peace

All is well

dAlen

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiralina
Please do no feel alone.

Good point.

Paul said that no trial happens that is not common to man.
I know that our minds will convince us otherwise, but its basically true.

People are good at putting on face...and the media, well its one show...people would be surprised to see the real deal. (From big to small, people are not authentic...afraid of loosing something, and 'identity' - buy why hold on so tight, you are who you are...and love embraces us all...love is space around us allowing us to be.)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's good to see that you posted & considering some advices from different members.

Really, good to see you're back

Just want you to know that even for me, there are non stop trials. Life is really like a wheel. Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down. The "wheel of life" as they say.

In my own experience, nothing very bad last very long & nothing very good last very long either.

After the rain, it shines. Every time I am in a bad situation, I try my best to be calm; I always think that, "this one will pass". For me, it's like a challenge, the important thing is "how" we are going to cope up & deal with it.

You're right; it's never too late to start again. From what I read from your post:

Three major problems you stated, (to my own understanding, I could be wrong)

1. Motivation - Could be anything that you dreamed of that will make your life fulfilled. Sometimes, we never really know what we want or the one that will make us happy. Sure it's vague. It seems that everything is not permanent.
Sometimes, we lose too many effort & time yet the one that we are really looking for is just there, near or beside us.

2. Your personal strategy - For myself, I learned it the hard way. I had beginner's luck, I also failed many times (and costly). So it's not really easy to say on what strategy are we going to use. Sometimes, simple rule of the thumb works. Sometimes, experience & luck combined works. Sometimes, it could be just plain luck. A little bit of this & that etc., this is the one that worked for me.

I can compare it to that of a Flu or cold virus that keeps mutating, so that a total vaccine is somewhat difficult to have. Same with life strategy, always a different situation, different timing etc. Even a strategy that have worked may not necessarilly work to a similar situation in life. (For a lot of reasons). So maybe the right thing to do is that we must learn to adopt to anything. Being dynamic & not static.

3. I am not quite clear with your description, but I guess it is something to do with the unknown? Things which you have not yet accepted? Or maybe not really found your real self? I am not sure.

Again, my own experience, sometimes that answer & solutions to all of these, may not come at the same time. It may not come immediately. Sometimes it takes a long time. Sometimes it may not even come at all.

The above are just my personal opinion about coping up with life. I don’t claim that they are correct. It worked for me at least. Also, my opinion above has nothing to do with religion.

Goodluck!

[edit on 19-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That's a very old saying... Ignorance is bliss... the other half of that is "Knowledge is Agony."

I think everyone who delves deeply enough into the world discovers that it's never as nice as we'd hoped it was before removing our rose-coloured glasses. For some, it's a violent shock, which disrupts all belief and causes a loss of hope. For others, it's a sad acceptance of what they've always feared was true. I think most settle into a grim acceptance of knowing without thinking too much about what we know within our daily lives. To do so is just depressing.

Just the facts surrounding Bohemian Grove, not to mention the rumors, are enough to keep one up at night, not to mention all of the other things out there to study.

A big question in my mind has always been the anomolies surrounding Earth's history. My optimistic side would love to believe that it's just adademia refusing to re-think their conclusions, but the vehement way in which evidence to the contrary of status quo is received, one must wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join