It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What Do you People Believe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Is there a GOD?

A definition of god would have to be established first but I am about 99.99% sure that no god-entity has/will or does exist

If No What do you believe?
In context with what???? I beleive in a lot of things.

We have souls but we are mana that goes back to mother earth?

Thats debateable that a soul exists.

What? I'm just trying to get a general feel for everybody else.

Sound! but in that case whats your take on it?

G

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Is there a GOD?

IF yes who is HE/She?
Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Budda, Little Bit of all

If No What do you believe?

Are we just going to go poof?

We have souls but we are mana that goes back to mother earth?

What? I'm just trying to get a general feel for everybody else.

I would say there is One Being we would call "God".
The Supreme Being isn't human or biological. Therefore sex is irrelevant in regards to the Divine's nature. The Divine isn't Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Protestant, Pagan, etc. People are those things but not the Divine. The Most High resides outside of a our temporal and finite reality. The attributes of our reality such as sex, religion, and race have no bearing upon the Ultimate.

This is what I believe and to extent have experienced being involved in two wars. The Divine is infinite and our reality is finite. We are finite beings and limited in our perceptions and intellect. We like to make "God" into our own individual image. The Divine isn't male or female. The Deity possesses traits both feminine and masculine from some humans perspectives. The Most High possesses an individual personality. This personality is far from human and may seem terrible to some people, yet the Divine is also merciful and loving. I believe it is important to build a relationship with the Divine. Most humans are proud and selfish with no patience or humility that is needed to connect with the Most High. I believe a number of religions have touched or come close to the Divine. From my own research and experiences I am confident that the Divine is the same as the "God" of Abraham. I also believe that the Most High was recognized by other faiths and peoples. The Divine was customized into their cultures and nations. I think Tengri of the Central Asian tribes, The Huns, Mongols, Magyars, and Khazars may be a customized form. The modern depiction of "God" by the faiths of Abraham are customizations too. To an extent I think every religion touches on some facet of the Divine from Hinduism, Taoism, Paganism, and even ancient philosphers like Plato. I dont think we can clearly fomulate what encompasses the Divine. We are limited in our abilities and seem able to ascertain just bits and pieces. Some of the bits and pieces seem to point that the Absolute transcends our finite reality but emanates or projects into our reality as the Logos. When I say Logos I don't mean Jesus. I mean Logos from Greek philosophy. I also believe that numerous entities or beings serve or operate under the authority of the Divine. The beings could be called Angels or even "gods". They are not The One though.

I believe we have souls as well but its much more complicated than what people think of as a soul or "ghost'. I believe our souls/Spirits have a fourfold nature. I think our spirits or souls project or emanate from a higher reality down to the Physical. There are four levels of this projection or emanation. When we die the lowest level withdraws after a period of time. Sometimes a "shadow" or imprint on reality may be left over after this but it is not a person's soul or spirit. Ultimately all "souls" originate from the Divine and it seems to be in its nature to seek reunion with the Source or "God".

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream in which we are the imagination of ourself...here's Tom with the weather.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream in which we are the imagination of ourself...here's Tom with the weather.

to be succinct "thou art God" I think therfore I am God, not the supreme being but a cell of (it's) makeup

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

RIP Bill

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
In god 100%

I have had stray thoughts about the possibility of finding out wrong as I pass over. But then I thougth, what's it going to hurt believing in god as apposed to not believing and find out your going to Hell.

But the more I look around the more I believe in the possibility of a higher power. I don't believe he/she is like the gods that all of the religions say. I don't believe he hates me because of this or that.

PS LoneGunMan, your Avatar is pretty sweet.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

no
i'm 99.9% sure that there is no god

BASED ON WHAT??? Madness,I don't have a problem with you, but when you make off the cuff statements like that, it disturbs me...Really. There is no evidence that there isn't a God. None. :shk:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
BASED ON WHAT??? Madness,I don't have a problem with you, but when you make off the cuff statements like that, it disturbs me...Really. There is no evidence that there isn't a God. None. :shk:

i'm 99.9% sure because there is no evidence that there IS a god
the nonexistence of god doesn't have to be proven
the EXISTENCE of god has to be proven

and since there is no evidence to prove the existence of god, i'm 99.9% sure there is no god. that .1% is there for the possibility of future evidence that a deity exists (i have my fingers crossed for thor:clown

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

i'm 99.9% sure because there is no evidence that there IS a god
the nonexistence of god doesn't have to be proven
the EXISTENCE of god has to be proven

and since there is no evidence to prove the existence of god, i'm 99.9% sure there is no god. that .1% is there for the possibility of future evidence that a deity exists (i have my fingers crossed for thor:clown

The burden of proof is always on the person that makes the claim, not the other way around. There is no good reason why I should have to go around dis-proving a negative.

Understand?

Here's an example of thiest logic:

1. I believe invisible pink unicorns fly around the sky everywhere. I hold this to be the truth.
2. There is no evidence that suggest these pink unicorns does not exist.
3. Therefore, the pink unicorns exists.

Why can't theists understand this logical fallacy?

Regards,
Vlad

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here's an example of an athiests logic:

1. I believe don't invisible pink unicorns fly around the sky everywhere. I hold this to be the truth.

2. The only evidence that suggest that these pink unicorns do exist is 100% accuracy of Bibical prophecy.

3. Therefore, the pink unicorns can't exist.

Why can't atheists understand this logical fallacy?

Regards,
sun

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Here's an example of an athiests logic:

1. I believe don't invisible pink unicorns fly around the sky everywhere. I hold this to be the truth.

2. The only evidence that suggest that these pink unicorns do exist is 100% accuracy of Bibical prophecy.

3. Therefore, the pink unicorns can't exist.

Why can't atheists understand this logical fallacy?

Regards,
sun

That is not the logic of an athiest! You are misguided and again you show the ignorance of thiests.

The position of someone like my self (Agnostic Athiest) is as such:

1. There is no evidence to support the existence of invisible pink unicorns.
2. Therefore I do not believe in invisible pink unicorns.
3. I can thus conclude that Invisible pink unicorns probably do not exist.

There is a huge difference between what I wrote here and the example you provided. You provided a theistic view point, except it's on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Please don't be ignorant.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
No. What I did was check the evidence. When I found the evidence to be undisputable I had not choice but to believe. Upon believing I found the proof that I was searching for.

You have to believe to see. Do you not understand that's why you are taught seeing is believing. That lie doesn't come from God.

I have proved God exists by using the tools and information that was left for me. You have the option of doing the same. If you want proof of Gods existence you might try using the roadmap he provided. You won't find God by seeking why he isn't.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

No. What I did was check the evidence. When I found the evidence to be undisputable I had not choice but to believe. Upon believing I found the proof that I was searching for.

You have to believe to see. Do you not understand that's why you are taught seeing is believing. That lie doesn't come from God.

I have proved God exists by using the tools and information that was left for me. You have the option of doing the same. If you want proof of Gods existence you might try using the roadmap he provided. You won't find God by seeking why he isn't.

No, you have not proven that God exist, if you did you would be able to present this evidence to me. Alas, you cannot.

You have merely deluded your self into thinking that you've proven this to your self. In many ways this can be compared to schizophrenia. You are so convinced that what you believe is true that your mind makes it true.

You may not understand it, but the fact that you are making these outrageous claims and professing it as truth is an insult to me and it makes me rather angry.

Kind regards,
Vlad

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
what do i believe, a little different i guess.

I believe the universe in which we live is a living organism and we are merely part of its bio system. I could go into greater detail but i already have a thread on my theory here if your interested.

M4S

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler

You may not understand it, but the fact that you are making these outrageous claims and professing it as truth is an insult to me and it makes me rather angry.

Kind regards,
Vlad

Deal with it.......deal with the facts. I challenge you to provide the facts of one incorrect prophecy. I will provide a correct prophecy. Eaekiel 37 prophesies the restoration of Israel as a nation. They were scattered all over the world as prophesied and almost 2000 years later were restored as a nation. AND SO IT HAPPENED.

1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, 2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; F172 and, lo, they were very dry. 3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. 4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. 5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: 6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD. 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. 8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them. 9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, F173 prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. 11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

I can provide fact after fact if necessary. Can you provide one incorrect prophecy? That should be easy enough...........until you realize it's accurate. THY WORD IS TRUTH.

Kind regards
SUN

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sun Matrix i can supply plenty of prophecys that have come to fruition that are not in the bible, they boil down to good guesses from ordinary human beings.
I shall now devoutly follow the teachings of Arthur C Clarke.

I prophesize that a theist will now flame me.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I have proved God exists by using the tools and information that was left for me.

I have done the same, at least as far as overall process.

I have found that there is no other logical rational explanation - other than there being ONE living God.

If you want proof of Gods existence you might try using the roadmap he provided. You won't find God by seeking why he isn't.

You cannot find something if you insist it does not exist.

I found this out in a way that made me rethink my whole think. In the end i threw it all out, even the baby (me).

I have nothing but at least i have no fear and no fear of the truth. I don't even need to be RIGHT any more and in fact, i refuse the right to be right.

I will back up Sun Matrix as far as witness for God being Real and being the Holy One of Is Real.

Two witnesses right here say: God is a fact God is real.

Any more ready to stand and be counted?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
You cannot find something if you insist it does not exist.

Ahhh! These kind of statements are the ones that make me want to rip out my hair in frustration. Don't you get it? I'm not insisting that God does not exist!

That's like insisting that gruwloops don't exist. What's a gruwloop? I don't know, do you?

Insiting that imaginary beings does not exist makes aboslutely no logical sense what so ever. The default position, until proven otherwise, is that such beings do not exist!

Then we get back to the problem of certain induviduals deluding them selves into beliving something based entierly on faith.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Two witnesses right here say: God is a fact God is real.

Any more ready to stand and be counted?

Just as many witnesses on this thread saying he is not real, but thats off topic.
The thread is titled " So what do you people believe?".
Not "all believers of God stand up and be counted",or "lets all argue our beliefs adinfinitum" nor is it for providing proof of our various beliefs, there are already alot of threads for that.

Cant anyone answer a simple question without all the know alls jumping on their beliefs. :shk:

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join