It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What Do you People Believe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Amen Mojo!

I do get tired of all the bickering.

For the Christians:

Doesn't the Christian Bible say something about not forcing your teachings on folks. Something about dusting off your sandals and moving on if someone rejects the message you have for them? You're not going to make people like the message by forcing it on them.

For the Atheists:

You are not going to change these Christians. They believe what they believe and it is deeply ingrained into them. There is even a part of the religion that says that any persecution they receive is actually a good thing, so if you come down harder on them, it could actually add to their momentum.

Isn't it about time that we just accepted the fact that we aren't all going to feel the same? How hard is that? We wouldn't expect to all have the same favorite color, or to all like the same kinds of food, so why must we try to convince everyone to believe the same thing about religion?

Can't we all just get along.

Okay now, all together - big group hug -

and please let's go back on topic without attacking one another. [/end rant]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I believe it says to basically stand up and bare witness to all so they don't suffer a fate worse than death. I'm not quoting just something along those lines.

I've always had a problem with that, Its always really bugged me when others try to convert you.

Like those two blond guys in suits who ride bikes into the worst neighborhoods going door to door.

But it is nice to see people who stand up for what they believe.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
FSM KNOWS ALL!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
I've always had a problem with that, Its always really bugged me when others try to convert you.

ME 2!!! it not only makes Jesus Christ seem like a fuller brush salesman...it is demeaning...it nullifies the whole foundation of the gospel - if you speak they will hear.

Not: CRAM it down their UNBELIEVING throats until they hate Jesus!

What is God's law?
LOVE
What is perfect?
God's LAW.
What does God's law do?
CONVERTS the soul.
What converts the soul?
LOVE!

But it is nice to see people who stand up for what they believe.

That's right! If you can't stand up and confidently state it - then perhaps it not so much a conviction as it is a suspicion. If so, declare it as such - so that those who will stand firm on the rock will be heard by those who want to give it a go.

The funny thing is..i always believed but mostly i believed Jesus would never lie to me.
Then after a long time it was proven that my trust was both well-placed and set for reward.
Then i began to be shown the really deep things i've always wanted to know.
NO longer did i believe! i couldn't do it - 98% of the time these things were UNBELIEVABLE
even those things i saw with my own eyes with one or two sets of other eyes that were seeing the same something, too.

BUT NOW
i trust even more - i trust implicitly God's vow to be faithful to me if i just trust Him and believe in Jesus. I don't need to believe to trust him but i must trust him if i want to get past the point of having to believe.

That is why miracles are called miracles - making the impossible possible is very hard for our mind to perceive.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I believe I have all the answers within.

I just need a few keys to unlock them.

It is that simple.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I believe I have all the answers within.

I just need a few keys to unlock them.

It is that simple.

Namaste

Why do you believe this?

Have you simply made up this notion on your own to make you feel good? Do you simply want to believe this (wishful thinking) or are you in fact convinced that this is the case?

There’s a big difference here. I my self would love it if that was in fact true, however I cannot just blindfold my self and say “alright, I find this idea appealing and therefore I’m certain it is true!”

If you are convinced this is true, then what rational and logical argument can you make to support your stance?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I believe a whole lot of everything is going to occur soon and a lot of people will be asking each other what they make of it and many people will be so confused that it starts to disrupt the normal flow of how us humans do things.

Everyone looks externally at what to do and for this they will not know what to do.

I believe there is gonna be a whole lotta shakin goin on.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I believe a whole lot of everything is going to occur soon and a lot of people will be asking each other what they make of it and many people will be so confused that it starts to disrupt the normal flow of how us humans do things.

Everyone looks externally at what to do and for this they will not know what to do.

I believe there is gonna be a whole lotta shakin goin on.

Why do you believe this?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The veil is lifting. The doors have opened. The ones running the world do not want it to happen. Mere mortals cannot stop it though.

I do believe Ben is correct. Cant you feel it? I can almost taste it.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler

Why do you believe this?

Have you simply made up this notion on your own to make you feel good? Do you simply want to believe this (wishful thinking) or are you in fact convinced that this is the case?

There’s a big difference here. I my self would love it if that was in fact true, however I cannot just blindfold my self and say “alright, I find this idea appealing and therefore I’m certain it is true!”

If you are convinced this is true, then what rational and logical argument can you make to support your stance?

When I say I have the answers within, I do not mean just me.

It is in us all. You have them too. All it takes is looking within.

Meditate on this and come back to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The veil is lifting. The doors have opened. The ones running the world do not want it to happen. Mere mortals cannot stop it though.

I do believe Ben is correct. Cant you feel it? I can almost taste it.

hmmm...

yes i am seeing what you mean

mere mortals?

would that include you and i?

where are you?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I figured out your other avatar, or at least part way. It is about the sacred Cenote, the interface between earth and sky. I think the key in the middle fits something Mayan. Quetzalcoatl the feathered serpents return? Something to do with that? The four cats are the four Jaguar spirits?

It’s about the portal that opens all the way during the crossing in 2012.

The mage represented by stonehenge?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What we believe is can only be found on the inside lonegunman? True, but what do you believe?????

You took some Philosophy in college right....

Queenanne did you change you avatar because he figured it??????

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

What we believe is can only be found on the inside lonegunman? True, but what do you believe?????

All the answers are within, what we believe is a peronal journey with the source.

What I believe? I believe your avatar is damn great and scares me to death!

I believe we are all part of God and God is part of us. I believe in earth magick, and that we are here to experience the joys of a porterhouse steak! hahah

I will never tell exactly what I believe for my journey is at its beginning and its end.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
nevermind.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Why do you believe this?

When I say I have the answers within, I do not mean just me.

It is in us all. You have them too. All it takes is looking within.

Meditate on this and come back to me.

No clear answer here so I'll take it you've just made up this belief to make your self feel better. Nice one.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No clear answer here so I'll take it you've just made up this belief to make your self feel better. Nice one.

Hmmm...

Did you meditate? You cannot find the answers within another, they are all within you!

When the student is ready, the teacher will come.

I will tell you this, it all starts with forgiveness love and understanding.

Open your mind, dont be angry and meditate.

Be still and know that I am God

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Hmmm...

Did you meditate? You cannot find the answers within another, they are all within you!

When the student is ready, the teacher will come.

I will tell you this, it all starts with forgiveness love and understanding.

Open your mind, dont be angry and meditate.

Be still and know that I am God

You're an very arrogant person. It is very clear to me now that any further discussion with the likes of you is pointless. I don't like you. Good day.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow, that was ugly. Don't sweat it LoneGunMan. The thread wasn't titled "Prove something to Vlad." Perhaps he was confused about the thread topic.

It sounds to me like if someone can't even believe in what he/she might find in his/her own self, then there really is nothing left to say to them.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Queenanne did you change you avatar because he figured it??????

No...he didn't figure it out - i think i even explained it but yet it wasn't understood - or at least it doesn't seem to be since there are still guesses. But when i created it, i did it with intent and purpose and so i had it formed before instead of after the effects it should bring into being-ness.

It is not old allegory but brand new fresh allegory. Right out of the oven of my newly enem-ized mind.

At any rate, i changed it for the same reason i always change avatars....completed purpose...new task to accomplish.

They are more than just pretty pictures.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join