It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Slays Young Daughters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
'Hearing voices'. Good God that's a lame excuse.

Is it just me or are there an increasing number of these incidents happening around the world?

Personally I'm all for the creation of a 'licence' to have children. Failure to pass would result in mandatory sterilisation (A bit harsh though....) with yearly checkups.

Honestly I don't know why anyone believe's this 'voices in my head' crap. If she was hearing 'voices' why didn't she go to a psychiatrist rather than deciding to give into them?

Just my bitter, disjointed thoughts....

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This makes me wonder how common mental illness is around the world(if this is a mental illness issue as well).If it's starting to become more common then i smell some kind of conspiracy.Maybe the kind of conspiracy that affects the masses(mentally),like the media for example.

Hey BTW does anyone know what kind of mental illness causes the victim to hear voices?If there is such illness.

Is it just me or are there an increasing number of these incidents happening around the world?
I think you're right!Look below!
WAIT A MINUTE look at this thread Some People Like Hearing Voices,& It May Be More Common Tha Previously Thought.
interesting!

[edit on 6-2-2007 by tormentor]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks SpeakerofTruth for posting that picture. Now everyone can see what a real monster looks like.

I understand what your saying about the license, but that can't be the answer to solve this problem. We as a society are simply mad. Everyone could be found to have some sort of mental illness. The answer lies with support. This lady needed support/help with something, someone to talk over her problems. Whether that be a trained professional or a trusted friend. Something besides "voices" was this lady's problem.
Introduce the license law and see how many people agree with that. Maybe each year, as a parent, your children and your health are evaluated. You may find it to be a violation of your rights but what the violations of the children's rights. Someone has got to be a voice for these small people who are all too often not heard.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Narcissistic people are the most dangerous people of all IMO. I had first hand experience and learned allot about how they operate. The chilling truth is that they have no conscience and the emotions they display are nothing more than acting or responding in such a way as to get people on their side.

I have no idea what happened in this situation and I don't know if this woman is suffering from mental illness. I prefer to spend my energy figuring out solutions to these situations before they get to this point. Hating someone or wishing them dead doesn't put you many steps up the ladder from them. I realize emotion makes you say things and I am not pointing fingers here.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
wow wtf is wrong with all of you? why is there so much animosity towards this woman? did she kill your kids? god the woman obviously has a phsycological problem, because of the fact that she stacked the pets neatly in a cage. that's an obvious sign of demensia.

why is like everybody lets cry and hating on the woman...who's to say those girls would have had that great a life anyway. bad things happen. fact is nobody can punish this lady because she probably doesn't think she's done anything wrong.

god people overreact about the stupidest crap.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
wow wtf is wrong with all of you? why is there so much animosity towards this woman? did she kill your kids? god the woman obviously has a phsycological problem, because of the fact that she stacked the pets neatly in a cage. that's an obvious sign of demensia.

why is like everybody lets cry and hating on the woman...who's to say those girls would have had that great a life anyway. bad things happen. fact is nobody can punish this lady because she probably doesn't think she's done anything wrong.

god people overreact about the stupidest crap.

This makes me wonder if there is so much conflict out there mostly because of MISUNDERSTANDINGS.I wonder if this is true or not,if so then how common is this?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor

Hey BTW does anyone know what kind of mental illness causes the victim to hear voices?If there is such illness.

Hello, read my post on page one where I talked about this woman having paranoid scizophrenia. That way, you'll learn something and I won't have to wonder if ANYONE is reading my posts.

I'm with Spawn, why so much venomous hate? The woman was obviously mentally unstable, not a fun condition. You know, people usually don't do these kind of things unless they grew up in a very, very screwed up family, where the parents did the same kind of things.

Had these 2 little girls lived, they may well have grown up to be just like her, ever think of THAT??

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Oops
hey maybe you can highlight that post so other members won't missed it.
BTW how common is this illness,worldwide?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
hearing voices is a common effect of paranoid skictzephrenia (don't know how you spell it.) which she very well may have. some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. you are making the woman into a demon before you have any facts, or researched if what she was saying is true at all. all this is showing is a reflection of how our society is becoming more and more judgemental every day. everyone wants to label something, and say what it is when in reality, they are clueless about the details.

why is everyone so quick to make her a monster, when she very well may hear voices and see hallucinations. i'm not conding what she did by any mean, but there's no need to be so flipping emotional about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'll try to answer that one.^^there seems to be so much negativity in this world that some might not help but get emotional about it all.Sometimes that emotion can block our intellectually thinking.When you first look at the title of the thread it can be hard to not get emotionally about it,until we look at the possible facts about why it happened.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The title of the thread only states the fact of the matter. Like any good journalist knows you must first and foremost get the reader's attention to lure them into the story, it's not the journalists job to investigate.
It tells the facts of the story, at this point they don't know what the lady's problem is. It's just another media story to them.

That's the problem, if more people became emotionally involved in this cold dead world maybe we could make a better society. For you to criticize people for becoming emotionally involved is wrong. People having feelings and caring for children they don't even know is called compassion. That is why everyone is so "flipping emotional."

I agree though, instead of looking to the past we need to search the future for answers to prevent further cases like this.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
grrrr now I misunderstood something,but thanks anyway.

One last note though,I really think letting emotions getting into your head TOO MUCH is kinda unhealthy,but it's ok to be concern about other people.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yes, let's just involve the government in our lives even more. Soon we'll need a license to go to the bathroom or take a shower by ourselves. Everyone will have to prove their own sanity on a regular basis. All parents will have to raise their children in the same manner decided upon by the government. Afterall, why have a free society at all?

The judicial system will decide this woman's fate.

The human brain can fall to illness the same as any other body organ. Mental illness has been around for a long time. Studying cases like these can lead towards better and earlier diagnosis in similar cases where some tragedies can be headed off and the mentally ill get proper treatment.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm not trying to stick up for the woman but it could be possible that she has a real mental illness. I know we cannot understand how anyone can do this but that is because our minds are working correctly. And she didn't have to be sick for her entire life. Mental illnesses can come on quickly in some cases. The human brain is a great piece of work but sometimes it breaks.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
The title of the thread only states the fact of the matter. Like any good journalist knows you must first and foremost get the reader's attention to lure them into the story, it's not the journalists job to investigate.

HELLO, yes it most certainly is! That is one of the most basic of ethical codes regarding journalism. Ya know, get the truth out to the Public?
My dad was a journalist, I grew up working in his office. I learned the old-fashioned code of journalists and I can tell you that almost all of the modern day journalists have no idea what the ethics are, and they have no idea of investigative journalism, which is what journalism is all about.

Tormenter: Well, I have chosen to grace my posts with a left margin that is shocking hot pink. How much more could I highlight my post??? Maybe you just need to read all the posts before you reply, after all it was less than a page at the point I posted.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If someone made me get a license to reproduce I would probably kill them. I'm glad I had my two children before you crazy law makers got to my door and started to try and explain how you are saving me from myself.

It would have been a Greek tragedy to have to put a shot gun to your head and watch as that last thought of minding your own business went through your head along with that sabot slug.

Just because this beast did this doesn't mean everyone will and those that do should be killed upon conviction. If you want to put energy into making laws then start by changing the ones that protect these freaks. You don't make new ones to punish those that want to procreate and keep civilization moving forward. I enjoy my children and soon to be grandchildren & I expect to be left alone to raise them.

As a matter of fact I like making babies but I am sure some on this board would like to be there with a clip board making sure that's done the boring way as well.

Here's an idea. If you are so pissed off about this get together with a lynching mob and go drag her out of the jail and hang her a$$. Or you could go collect signatures and put a measure on the ballot to reinstate the death penalty here in Michigan.

No? you would rather punish the innocent for the crimes of the guilty? Come on by and try and sell that to my family. My father, brothers and I would love to chat...LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Why is it that these people can't just kill themselve rather than kill their own children. Roast in Hell you @$##$%##$

Being someone who not only works with mentally disabled people but has a history of it herself, I am so very offended by this. Should we get rid of the Jews too?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
10 to 1 she was on selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors(SSRIs) like Prozac, Zoloft, etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I see a lot of you here don't understand mental illness. It is not just an excuse to get out of a conviction. When one hears voices they don't just GO to a psychiatrist, that is the last thing they would do, especially if they're paranoid as well. I am saddened that some of you would wish death on ANYONE, especially a woman who most likely has no idea what she did. Yes, it is horrible what happened. But it's most likely not her fault.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
10 to 1 she was on selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors(SSRIs) like Prozac, Zoloft, etc.

I dont believe that SSRI stuff. People take the pills because they're depressed. Is it possible that they kill themselves (or I guess in this case other people/animals) because the pills just don't work and they're STILL depressed? I have taken pretty much every SSRI made, it took years to finally find a pill that did anything more than make me drowsy.

Also, in a lot of cases Schizophrenia comes on very, very quickly, starting in your mid-to-late 20's. This woman was 30. I also find the way she placed the dogs an indicator that she loved them, her children, and even the mouse, that she didn't really know what she was doing, and still may not understand it.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by lizziex3]

[edit on 6-2-2007 by lizziex3]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join