It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Slays Young Daughters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
Thank you to whoever it was that posted the additional article.

Has anyone even considered drugs and I don't mean the prescribed kind? It's already stated she was an alcoholic, isn't it possible she could be a druggie? The lady was a manager at McDonald's, so she was working (or had been working). Yet the home had no utilities on? What was her money buying? Plus what about assistance programs, they are out there and they do help families in need, especially single women. I'm not blaming the family in any way, but what were they thinking by allowing the children to stay in a home with no utilities, they should have stepped in. I would do that much if my nieces needed my help.

Mentally ill or not, this lady chased down her children, stabbed them in the throat, while they stared at her. Their mother, who they loved regardless of all the neglect, who was supposed to love and protect them, killed them. Can you imagine what these little girls were thinking when they died? Maybe some of you need to focus on that for a minute while you are sitting there defending the poor mentally ill mother. She deserves nothing less then death.

Well, first off, McDonald's does't pay enough for one woman to raise her kids with. Second, neither does any assistance program. Welfare typically pays about $400 per month. Even with subsidized housing (worth at most $200) and $200 a month or so of food stamps, do you really think that's enoough money to house, feed, clothe and educate your children with? Not to mention that utility bills these days can be up to $400 month.

We're not saying that she did nothing wrong, what we're saying is that a little compassion would be in order, not blind rageful hateful anger, such as some have expressed on this thread.

You know, mental illness could happen to ANY of us, absolutely anyone. You may be hit by a drunk driver tomorrow and sustain deep wounds to the head, which makes you crazy for the rest of your life. Do people really need to be hated and treated vilely just because they have a mental illness through no fault of their own? These are human beings, and I would think they shoujld be considered along with God's/Yahweh's/Great Spirit's/Goddess, whoever your deity is, other human creations that were created in an act of love. They need society's compassion if they are to heal and become productive members of society, hating them, judging and condemning them only makes it harder for them to seek treatment.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Before we even get to aruguing over this topic. Show me one factual piece of evidence or article that states the lady was even mentally ill. Right now you are just going on assumptions. I'm not condeming ALL or even any mentally ill person. But this lady has yet to be determined mentally ill.
And there are 4 people in my family(2 kids/2 adults) and our utilities are not past $250 heating, water, electric, combined. Food Stamps for a family of three would get you atleast $300 (I checked). If she were working full time, even at min wage, that would be $1,000.00 a month. Last I knew managers got paid a little more than employees. Say what you will, she should've had utilities on in the home regardless.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
Before we even get to aruguing over this topic. Show me one factual piece of evidence or article that states the lady was even mentally ill. Right now you are just going on assumptions. I'm not condeming ALL or even any mentally ill person. But this lady has yet to be determined mentally ill.
And there are 4 people in my family(2 kids/2 adults) and our utilities are not past $250 heating, water, electric, combined. Food Stamps for a family of three would get you atleast $300 (I checked). If she were working full time, even at min wage, that would be $1,000.00 a month. Last I knew managers got paid a little more than employees. Say what you will, she should've had utilities on in the home regardless.

You don't think that hearing imaginary voices indicates she had some sort of mental illness? Or how about just the fact that she killed her daughters, that's another sign of mental illness. Don't know where you live but just heating alone can cost $300 a month or more. When I lived in No. California several years ago, it cost me $300 for the propane just to heat my tiny cottage. There were also electricity, and water bills. Electricity was almost $100 a month, water was $45.00. So right there, that's $445.00 a month and that was for ONE adult person. Do't know where you get your $1,000 figure - when I do the math at 40 hrs.week at $5.50 (I don't think minimum wage is even that high) I get $880 per month. She doesn't qualify for either food stamps or welfare or housing subsidies. That means she is raising 2 girls and herself on $880 a month. How many people do you know that can do that anywhere in the U.S.? Also, food stamps these days are more like $200 a month, they don't give you much more than that. But even so, do you really think that $300 of food stamps will feed 2 growing girls and an adult for one month?
Look, I've lived on an income less than a shoestring. It was very difficult for me to keep the lights on and often, I'd go for 1 to 2 months with no hot water. It's not like this lady had lots of excess income. Get real, this is what it's like for many single moms. I've worked with women on welfare, food stamps and other kind of govt subsidies. They don't give you much I can tell you. Don't forget she also has to pay for child care as well and receives no help from the girls' father.
But hey, if you want to cling that tightly to your preconceived judgments, go right ahead. Just remember that there are people out there who, for whatever reasons (some of which are very valid), aren't as fortunate as others and were dealt a bad hand from Life. We can't all be mentally sound, and earning $40,000 to $50,000 a year.
But don't let me sto you from your judgmentalness - but I would like to know what good it does for you to be so judgmental. How does that benefit you or anyone else to condemn others for something they cant help, such as mental illness?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join