It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Slays Young Daughters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
A Michigan woman stabs her two daughters, 8 and 5, to death. Along with the bodies of the girls they found three dogs, dead, stacked on top of each other in a cage, along with a dead pet mouse.

The story is a tragic one as the mother tells police both girls were awake when she stabbed them in the throat.

Article

I just can't imagine what must be going through a parent's mind/life that they feel they have no other choice but this.
I'm curious as to what her plea will be...insanity?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
she should die the same way as her poor little girls.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think you would have to be insane to do that, so yes, probably insanity.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
why do these people bring kids into the world. i always thing you should go through tests to see if you would be a viable parent.

but the problem would be that a hgh number of people these days suffer from depression, and the birth rate would go down.

but hey that opens up another topic. on the insanity thing we can not say these days whether, she was or not, without knowing her whole story.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Wow, whats wrong with people, killed the pets and her children.

Nothing can right this wrong, thats just beyond sick, your own children, your own flesh and blood, innocent children.

hmmm.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
why do these people bring kids into the world. i always thing you should go through tests to see if you would be a viable parent.

but the problem would be that a hgh number of people these days suffer from depression, and the birth rate would go down.

but hey that opens up another topic. on the insanity thing we can not say these days whether, she was or not, without knowing her whole story.

It amazes me that we are required to obtain a license to hunt, drive a car, improve our home, get married, etc., but anyone can have kids.

It should be a requirement to attend parenting classes with a test to show that you have the mental capability and financial means to raise a child.

I know that people would complain about the government interfering with their 'rights' but... don't children have a right to grow up in a healthy environment without being abused and neglected?

Back to the mother who killed her children (I'm more upset about the dogs actually), but how did she become so mental? Was SHE abused or neglected as a child? Is there something in the water or the food or the medications that she takes?

Too many questions... so little answers.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by annestacey]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
annestacey- i am just surprised that anyone agrees with me that, some people should not be allowed to have kids.

but the problem is where would you draw the line, and the government needs to keep its birth rate up.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
In bibical times there was a flood that washed away all of the bad people.
We NEED another flood to kill all the subhumans out there.

I cannot grasp the sick sick people of this world. How we can be and have become so emotionally detached from each other. You hear more and more of these stories daily and it is so sad and sickens me to death.

Imagine those poor girls knowingly looking at their mother while she stabbed them in the throat.

I agree with the above poster she needs to be executed in the same manner and as slowly too.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm appalled that someone said they were actually more upset about the dogs... I mean WTH? Who cares about the dogs, this woman not only killed her children, but repeatedly stabbed them in the throat. There is no reason why this woman should continue living under any circumstances, but apparently she lives somewhere without the death penalty cause the articles says that she could get life without parole. Hopefully one of the women in the prison Dahmers her ass!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
To Andy and AnneStacey: Reading your posts was like hearing myself. I've been saying (in the real world AND online) for years that people should be psychologically AND physically assessed before being permitted (via licence) to reproduce.

I was banned from a high-profile site a few years ago, for stating my (and your) views. And like you, I'm pleasantly surprised to discover that this may now be stated without incurring a rush of outrage about the 'right' of anyone to have children.

(It's also my view that politicians [and ANYone who has any involvement with children -- teachers for example] require be subjected to psychological assessment on regular basis).

But back to the OP. It's not known why this woman acted as she did. The truth may never be known, because by the time it reaches court the woman's lawyers will have contorted whatever she is currently telling them, in order to portray her motivations & actions in the best possible light.

To be remembered though is that this woman went through nine months of pregnancy with each child, after which she obviously fed, bathed and nurtured them through infancy and childhood. If she were a monster, the children would not have survived gestation or infancy.

So clearly, she is not a clear cut monster. It may be that she was a loving parent throughout, until something happened to cause her to kill everything in her care.

It's possible however the coroner will reveal the children were malnurished and had suffered lengthy abuse, as may also be the case with the animals. In which case, the woman was unsuited for the care of any living creature.

In a lot of similarly sad cases, a woman reaches a point where she feels she cannot, for whatever reason, go on living. Such women often love their children very much. Often, the only reason these women have dragged themselves through the years is out of love for and sense of responsibility towards, their children.

But before they close the door on their own lives, these women kill ('send to heaven') their children, because they're convinced the child would be better off that way.

Only then do they allow themselves to die.

Sometimes, realization must hit them, after they've killed their children, at which point they tell someone what they've done.

Then they wait for society to punish them. They WANT society to punish them. But lawyers get in their way. And because these women begin to receive the treatment and care they need, their will to live returns. Encouraged by their lawyes, they start making excuses for what they've done (because what they've done is more than even they can accept) and they start fighting for their liberty.

It seems that the woman in the OP made a decision and then set about methodically killing everything in her care. Someone in that frame of mind may regard killing those she loves most, as an act of love. They believe that no-one else will love and care for those children and animals the way they did. They fear they will be neglected or worse if placed with others. They may believe that they and their children and animals will all be reunited in a happier place, once away from this world.

For someone in such a state of mind, killing the children and animals she loves would be basically the same as packing the family's possessions in preparation for moving to a new home.

If the woman had been intent merely on a bloody rampage, she would not have stacked the dogs neatly as she did. She took time to do that. It shows deliberation, even tidyness. So in one sense, she knew what she was doing; she was working to a plan. It made sense to her.

The thought of what those poor little children suffered upsets me too, but I try to take comfort in the many accounts of those who've had a near-death experience. They say that in the moments before their car hit a tree, or in while they were drowning, they left their bodies and viewed it all from above, where they felt no fear or pain. We can only hope that the children were likewise spared those dreadful final moments, and trust they are now in a state of bliss where they're provided understanding of what occurred.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I believe that people who kill other people usually get off way to easily...6 months and people who rob a bank get life? I mean come on...I think she should be take out back of the court house and have a slug put in her head....(slug being a bullet not insect)...I also agree annestacey that people should take a test or have a certain standard of living so that they can have kids...alot of times kids are brought up in poor setting and end up staying there because they are not taught wel lby their white trash parents...SORRY IM JUST VENTING

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
annestacey- i am just surprised that anyone agrees with me that, some people should not be allowed to have kids.

but the problem is where would you draw the line, and the government needs to keep its birth rate up.

No, the government does not need to keep the birth rate up. In fact, they are trying to reduce the population.

To MasterJedi: I do care about the welfare of the children but at least children can express themselves and let someone know if something is wrong in the home. Pets love people unconditionally, yet get abused and neglected and they can't tell anyone when it's happening. So in my opinion, they need special attention and people to tend to their welfare as well.

The big picture here is that such a majority of our society are raised dysfunctionally. The prisons in this country are overcrowded because people can't raise their kids to be productive members of society.

Just in the last couple of weeks, their was one woman who put her baby in the microwave, another one put the baby in the oven, a man just got arrested for using a taser on his 18-month old child.

Abused and neglected children will grow up to be our next generation of abusers, rapists and killers. How do you stop it?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think it had something to do with the father not being there. She felt overwhelmed with taking care of the children and pet's, she was a horny housewife gone mad. That's what sex does to you, you go crazy, and on top of that she probably didn't have much money and decided that she didn't want to live anymore. She didn't have the stomach to kill herself so she had rage and murdered her children and the pet's knowing that the system would give her the death penalty.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
She was hearing voices, which to me indicates that she was most likely paranoid schizophrenic, who do sometimes end up killing people. After 15 years of being a psychotherapist, the most screwed up people were folks that had to grow up with a parent who was PS and understandably so.

I'm amazed the police didn't mention paranoid schizophrenia. It doesn't make it right, but it DOES mean that she is probably suffering from severe mental illness. I AM surprised that no one reported her to child protective services before - she must have committed some other form of abuse on the kids before she killed them.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here she is... What a beast

I wish her the worst of luck in prison...Wait until some of those women get their hands on this wicked scum..

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

But back to the OP. It's not known why this woman acted as she did. The truth may never be known, because by the time it reaches court the woman's lawyers will have contorted whatever she is currently telling them, in order to portray her motivations & actions in the best possible light.

To be remembered though is that this woman went through nine months of pregnancy with each child, after which she obviously fed, bathed and nurtured them through infancy and childhood. If she were a monster, the children would not have survived gestation or infancy.

So clearly, she is not a clear cut monster. It may be that she was a loving parent throughout, until something happened to cause her to kill everything in her care.

I feel somewhat qualified to comment on this. I'm sure you mean well, but I'm not sure you've ever experienced first hand somebody even remotely similar to what this woman sounds like.

My ex was/is very similar to the point that it frightens me to think that my children still have to be alone with her. She has physically assaulted two of my three kids, and has recently started threatening to kill their pets. In fact, recently the kids' cat was found dead in the house just weeks after she threatened that she was going to "get rid" of the cat.

I can't speak for the woman who just killed her kids, but I can speak from my own experience. The only thing that kept my ex from being a "monster" all along was doing what she wanted. She became enraged if she didn't get her way. Of course, the entire family became centered around making sure that "mommy was happy." She even used to say, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

What psychologists have described this as is narcissistic personality disorder, along with narcissistic rage.

And the reason people like this can literally get away with murder is because the court system and social service systems are so screwed up. Good intentioned people, like you, go into the situation believing the same thing you do -that this woman couldn't have been a monster simply because she was a mother.

My ex was investigated twice for abusing the kids, and only after the second time did the court believe the kids instead of her.

Like I said, I don't know if this woman was a monster or not. But I do know that just carrying kids in the womb and taking care of them doesn't mean that somebody is not a monster. Just because she didn't kill her kids the day they were born doesn't mean she wasn't violent and abusive all along.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Hackel said the sister told police she had visited Kukla on Saturday night to help clean the house out of concern for the children. The sister told police she was concerned about some of her sister's comments, "although nothing to indicate that she would do something to this extent," the sheriff said.

The sister knew something was not right, obviously this mother had some problems before this happened. I'm sure neglect played a role in the home before the kids death. I do hope they release more informtion. Obviously the sister could not have known something of this magnitude would happen, but surely the woman showed signs of illness before this happened.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hearing voices? Always the typical response to stuff like this.

Crimes like this should be dealt with quickly, instead of this getting dragged out in court for years, followed by appeals, etc.

I say fire up the chair and send her on her way....

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Why is it that these people can't just kill themselve rather than kill their own children. Roast in Hell you @$##$%##$

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Why Mental people should be sterilized

Why is it that these people can't just kill themselve rather than kill their own children. Roast in Hell you @$##$%##$

Hitler started to do this before and during WWII, now I am not comparing anyone to Hitler, but where is the line drawn.

Mental, handicapped, retarded, low IQ, obsessive complusive, ADD, Alcoholics, drunk driving, domestic abuse?

Where would the line be drawn? And when the line is established, how will it be interpreted or understood?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join