It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Aykroyd: We Have the O'Hare UFO Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Something we shouldn't forget is that MUFON needs funding in order to conduct research.

I'm pretty sure we'd all Like to give them a buck or two, but honestly, how many of us do? (I know I don't)

something to think about before getting ticked at them for trying to 'make a buck' off of a 'ufo' pic....

they do some good work, and good work don't come cheap.

rock on
twj

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Whoa... 15 minutes of actual UFO footage? That's more than would appear in an entire library of commercial DVDs.

Seriously, I've bought whole sets of DVDs before that didn't have even 2 minutes of actual UFO footage in an entire set — you know how most of these UFO SECRETS REVEALED things go: Maybe 10 seconds of actual UFO film clips, which are then instant-replayed twenty times, then slo-mo replayed twenty times, then 30 minutes of "top secret" photocopies scrolling across the screen, then a montage of poor-quality still photos dating back to 1947, then the actual footage replayed again as the credits roll.

I feel burned almost every time. 15 minutes of nonstop footage would be worth the price of admission, though.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/2/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't know who Dan Aykroyd is so i will hold judgement.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
Something we shouldn't forget is that MUFON needs funding in order to conduct research.

I'm pretty sure we'd all Like to give them a buck or two, but honestly, how many of us do? (I know I don't)

something to think about before getting ticked at them for trying to 'make a buck' off of a 'ufo' pic....

they do some good work, and good work don't come cheap.

rock on
twj

I would like to see some evidence that MUFON has advanced ufology in some way before I start donating to them. As I see it, we're 40 years from MUFON's founding, and constructive disclosure has never been farther away. I personally think that MUFON and the related groups (CUFOS, FUFOS) have failed us by not doing enough with public relations and making the ufological community look like a bunch of unproductive slouches.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

You can check him out at IMDB and Wikipedia.

He was in Ghostbusters and the Blues Brothers.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I was in MUFON for several years, but I left it basically discussed that the entire UFO field had become a circus. That being said, there are still a lot of good people in MUFON and I went to their yearly conferences and hung out with many average joes that are similar to posters you can find on ATS. I did get the feeling that most people in MUFON were doing everything they could to further UFOlogy in a positive way.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
if they posted it online and it spread everyone would take it as a joke. they are doing the right thing

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If Aykroyd and MUFON wanted to spread the word, it would be best to get the video out to the public while MSM is still giving it any attention. If they wait a year, then all public intrest will have died down. Really, how many people did his last dvd reach? Unless your a regular on this or other boards like these. Iv'e never seen a commercial for it. Use the MSM against themselves when they give a big story like this attention knowing there is no proof They know anyone with good proof will hold out for a better deal to make more $$$, so why not report it like people were just seeing things. The best way to bring global attention to the ufo subject is to use the media which will reach the masses, not some straight to dvd unreleased dan aykroyd seal of approval hidden footage. ... SHOW THE WORLD, don't hide it on a order only dvd.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Chronic_Blaze]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze
If Aykroyd and MUFON wanted to spread the word, it would be best to get the video out to the public while MSM is still giving it any attention. If they wait a year, then all public intrest will have died down. Really, how many people did his last dvd reach? Unless your a regular on this or other boards like these. Iv'e never seen a commercial for it. Use the MSM against themselves when they give a big story like this attention knowing there is no proof They know anyone with good proof will hold out for a better deal to make more $$$, so why not reprot it like people were just seeing things. The best way to bring global attention to the ufo subject is to use the media which will reach the masses, not some straight to dvd unreleased dan aykroyd seal of approval hidden footage. ... SHOW THE WORLD, don't hide it on a order only dvd.

Exactly, very good point. And too add to that, from a marketing standpoint it would make more sense to go on major news outlets and just release some little tidbits of the footage, that would impress. Then they could say, "obviously we don't have time to show the whole DVD blah, blah, blah 14.95". This way they would reach a much larger potential base.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Your chances are better of contacting the Amigos by using this link or this one.

Cheers Umbrax, when I get some more time I will ask. I'm happy for anyone to take the lead should they feel this is an urgent matter.

I just hate seeing people slagging someone off when they are not here to defend themselves.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Just some thoughts I have ...
Some of this doesn't seem right in regards to waiting a year to reveal the video. If Dan & Co have a video of the UFO at O'Hare, why wouldn't they want to get this out there asap, before someone else beats them to it, while the story is still hot?

How is he that confident that his is the ONLY video out there? How does he "know" any others won't materialize, before the DVD release? He calls it "exclusive". Based on witnesses testimony, other photos and video were observed being taken, and who knows who else took some.

If a UFO really did hover over ORD Nov 7th, and going on the theory that the Govt, UAL or the FAA, etc cover these things up, as it has also been claimed. Then wouldn't they have stalled planes (they did), halted the disembarking, and kept other plane loads of people away, and then done a head count on who may have seen it and seized their cameras and cellphones, pulled witnesses aside, assuring no evidence excapes the airport? Or would that have been too many witnesses to control? If this was the case, then possibly he can be assured no other videos left the tarmac.

OR, he knows he has the only video because there never was a UFO.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
How is he that confident that his is the ONLY video out there? How does he "know" any others won't materialize, before the DVD release? He calls it "exclusive". Based on witnesses testimony, other photos and video were observed being taken, and who knows who else took some.

Likely there are no other videos. Even in the age we live in where everyone has a cam phone in their pocket, the chances of having several of them up and pointing at the object are pretty slim. Look at how many still photographs have come up.
If you mean other copies of the same footage, the photographer would have signed a contract not to sell/give it to anyone else.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
This is part of the problem with the UFO phenomenon and why no one takes it seriously.

Maybe this is an alien craft or maybe it's not, but no matter what...it is a security and safety breach over an airport! Unfortunately, Akroyd had to pay money to get this, which in turn he does have a right to get back or make some money off of.

Yet, this reduces the importance of the event since this now becomes entertainment instead of information. Do you think science and the public are going to take this seriously when you have to buy a DVD in a year to actually see the event? How are we helping to prove aliens are visiting the planet if we charge $20 to see a DVD first? I just see this event going to waste if something so public is put under wraps for a year.

Debunkers love this...it gives them a year to come up with excuses and a much smaller audience to debate since the only people who care will be those who saw the DVD. A few in the media might still show it in a year, but right at the end of the news or somehow find a way to squeeze it in between the multiple over hyped weather 'fear"casts that the news do now.

Releasing a picture for free is least we can ask to help push the issue. Strike while the iron is hot Dan!

I couldnt say it better, 100% agree.

If Aykroyd has a video, he should release it NOW.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I read a lot of interesting viewpoints here on ATS, and I often hold my tongue, or typing as the case may be.

But I will not stand for senseless Dan Akroyd bashing, I mean, the man was Elwood Blues for Petes sake, he was one of the darn Blues Brothers.

"Two pieces of dried toast, and a Coke"

Need I say more?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Akroyd greedy?

COME ON!!!

He was a big part of my upbringing with The Blues Brothers;Trading Places and Ghostbusters, but the man disappeared up his own arse long ago!

It's heart breaking to say it but yes...Dr Ray Stantz will rip you off.

I really wouldn't worry on two counts though. Number one, if the footage was as mind blowing as everyone hopes it's going to be then it would've been sold and broadcast on the news right away, not waiting months for some cheapo DVD presented by the Pie Eater.

Number two, a torrent will be available so I hope you'll join me in showing disgust at the attempt to charge us for this footage by just downloading the DVD for free.

On a more serious note. If the ATS admin were to get exclusive rights to footage like this do you think they would charge for the members to see it in one way or another?

Once upon a time I would've said ''no way'' but now I'm not so sure...

The point being I guess you can't blame the Pie Eater, even if it is morally and ethically wrong to any of us.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
For those members who think that Aykroyd should show us those O'Hare photo's and movies now -- instead of wasting your time and OUR time by posting moronic missives against this individual in this thread, why don't you do something constructive and write a letter informing Mr. Aykroyd why you think he should release this information to the public NOW, instead of having us all wait a year or so to see it in his new movie.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Don't know who.....!!???? Wow, I must really be getting old. Dan Aykroyd is, I'm sure, the most versatile voice talent, comedian, actor and businessman who ever emerged from SCTV and SNL. The guy just matured beautifully out of SNL, unlike so many of his colleagues, and has excelled in practically everything he's done, IMHO.

I mean, when Dan is switched-on he can accomplish anything, and he's been switched-on for over 35 years, but he hasn't grown old and jaded (like Chevy Chase and Bill Murray)... Somehow, Dan has retained his sense of wonder, and I really admire that.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't think you'll need to write a letter to Dan Akroyd. If he is as active into the UFO community as portrayed, then he is either posting and/or reading your posts right now!!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
On a more serious note. If the ATS admin were to get exclusive rights to footage like this do you think they would charge for the members to see it in one way or another?

[edit on 3-2-2007 by John Nada]

Let me be very clear not only NO but HELL NO. WHY would we "charge" anyone to view something THAT incredible (assuming it's genuine)?!

Springer...

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Has ATS tried to get in touch with Aykroyd's representatives? Maybe offer him a forum on here to field questions a la John Lear?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join