It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Aykroyd: We Have the O'Hare UFO Video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
By the way.. do I think UFOs exist.. course I bloody do.. it stands for Unidentified Flying Object.. ive seen loads of em... do I think they are spaceships from ET life or aliens or such like.. course I dont belive that.. no real evidence for it in my opinion... dont hijack the word UFO.

PS..

Soz.. should really state my 'qualifications' if im claiming he doesnt know his stuff..

I have a first class honours degree in Mathematics and Astrophysics from the (then) QMW college, University of London.

I spent some time studying for a PhD in Cosmology (which I DIDNT complete due to personal reasons) .. my field of expertise then was MACHOS and Dark matter..

I teach (as a private tutor for a tuition centre) Maths and Physics (and Chemistry to GCSE).

So I have spent some time in the relevant fields.. have looked into this matter on a technical nature, while I claim to be no expert in QM I have studied it to post graduate level (along with GR, SR and Cosmology in general).

As you can see just from this one reply, theses guys really need to start thinking about their production details if they want anybody to believe other than the less educated. I'm looking forward to seeing the grainy o'Hare video.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I believe there is real images out there..but this sounds like a debacle of the scale of the Alien Autopsy video.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Let's not forget that it was Aykroyd's character in the Redford film "Sneakers" that commented on NASA faking the moon landings, back in '92...back when such an idea seemed humorous. The line could well have been his own (as opposed to a credited screenwriter's).

As the event (O'Hare UFO sighting) is no longer current, perhaps news stations aren't terribly interested. Even if they were interested, they might tack the story on as the last story--the "Birth of a new chimpanzee at the local zoo" story.

In which case, maybe it's a good idea not to submit it to news firms.

F

--Edited for spelling because I'd initially spelled "Aykroyd" incorrectly.

[edit on 14/12/07 by Fuggle]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
I don't know who Dan Aykroyd is so i will hold judgement.

yet you are the only one here who knows how to spell his name correctly

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hoax, Dan is really just a hologram :/

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by orsm360

Great evaluation!!
Thanks for the education.
I'm looking forward to more of your posts on this and any other threads.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't really understand when people say Aykroyd is in it for the money, if he's been careful he should have plenty of money, after all he's been in a bunch of mainstream movies as a main actor. Also, if he was short on money, I'm sure at the very least, even if he can't get the big jobs anymore, there's some second rate sitcom/movie/docu-voiceover work out there that could earn him more money than he'll earn off these DVD's, and even that second rate work would have less impact on his credibility than the UFO circus he's chosen to get involved in. So that's why I don't buy the idea that he's in it for the money.

I'm not really sure what to think about the idea that Aykroyd himself is holding back this footage, I think it's far more likely that MUFON is holding back the footage, for whatever reason.

I don't really have any problem with someone like Aykroyd getting into UFO research, some people say he hasn't got the credentials, but really, half the 'UFO experts' we see don't really have any proper credentials, just the fact they've been doing it for a number of years. A positive side to him getting involved, is that it may introduce more people to the subject that may not have considered it before.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by bobafett]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm kinda suprised he said he has the video and then nothing. I do have a high opinion on him as an actor and from what I've seen of him that UFO documentary. There's no way he's in it for the money. Would make no sense, so what's the deal here? Maybe he was wrong, he thought they had the video, jumped the gun and then realized a mistake, hence the quiteness ever since?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Perhaps if a ton of people started emailing him an answer would emeege.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just to go off topic for a moment, I am sick to the back teeth of peole popping off about the money issue. Anybody here over the age of 30 who has been into the UFO phenomena, including myself, will know that before the days of the internet how did people learn about the subject? They BOUGHT books. And videos. Yes, for MONEY! Nowhere did people writing about the subject give it away for free. With the exception of libraries every bit of info had to be paid for.

So all you clinging on to this "in it for the money" nonsense need to get down off your high horses. Simple fact is, it has always been this way and it always will be.

People need to make a living. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but for heavens sake stop whining about it.

Rant over.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Originally posted by Something Dyp
However, the only reason i'm not disappointed i have to wait to see the footage is because i have little faith that this will be definitive in any respect. It never is, is it?

There is a bit of N.A.S.A. footage circulating the 'net that is definitive. Thought I would help you since you were wondering
Do a google or youtube search : "N.A.S.A. STS UFO (footage)"

Out of focus ice and debris getting pushed around by RCS thrusters is anything but "definitive."

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Sorry to bring up an old thread.......

But We're still waiting Dan, and david you where supposed to come on my show im still waiting on that aswell, whats up with these guys, are they waiting for money to fall on their laps?

They do seem very much "in character" when on screen about ufo's, that makes me quite uneasy.

Anyone got any news on this?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

This O'Hare incident just slipped away from our hands. Time is the government's play tools, and Akroid probably scratched this idea or it would have been done by now, right?

Can't imagine this story ever coming back for more exploration.

Really would have been great to get all those witnesses together for a film but alas - we're just left grasping at holes in the clouds.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join