It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Aykroyd: We Have the O'Hare UFO Video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I agree with alot of what Bergle said in the beginning of this thread. There needs to be greater solidarity among the UFO community if for only to turn those that are on the fence into believers. I know of someone who was completely on the fence and was starting to really believe and then after doing some surfing on the net, saw how much internal squabble was going on and started to retreat.

We are in this community because in our guts we know that this thing is very real. I have said it from the beginning that there are plenty of people to do the debunking. The truth has a way of coming through if you let it.

As far as Akroyd I think GREAT. We are looking to get the word out and if a celebrity gets involved and I truly don't think it's for the money, then even better! I happen to love David S. work. The NASA footage is hard to deny. What I don't understand is how they have exclusive video footage. That DOESN'T make any sense. That kind of footage would be PRIME TIME and I cant see a media that really went after this story forgoing on getting the video.

If the powers that be really have an operational task force thats dedicated to suppressing the truth about UFO's then I have to believe that the entire UFO community is penetrated. Therefore this board is most definitely as well. Which brings me to my last thought. The internet is beautiful in that it brings so many people, ideas and opinion together by way of anonymity and there lies the problem. How can you be sure of anyone's integrity? I believe that most if not all UFO discussion boards have been penetrated completely. This would explain a lot. If this video does in fact exist perhaps Akroyd and Sereda know that if it were to be leaked on the net it might get discredited faster then you can say swamp gas.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well
lol, so they're going to use celebrities so slowly disclose stuff... nice.

It's not that, Dan has deep ties within MUFON who is collecting all the data & Info on O'hare that they can, so Dan has access to what MUFON has.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well that could also make sense as MUFON might be the best known and therefore the first found if there was a witness with footage.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by A SINCLAIR
What I don't understand is how they have exclusive video footage. That DOESN'T make any sense. That kind of footage would be PRIME TIME and I cant see a media that really went after this story forgoing on getting the video.

Once again, we have someone with blind faith in the media, actually believing they will tell you everything you ought to know. It's been prevalent through this thread "oh why don't they just go to The Media?" and I find it plain unbelievable that much of the UFO community are unaware that the media outlets are NOT ALLOWED to cover ufo stories unless they water them down or ridicule them. Dr Steven Greer of the Disclosure Project has often spoken of events where ufo stories have been PULLED moments before supposedly going to air. Want proof? Read the 'Media Control' CIA document on the front page of www.disclosureproject.org... - also read www.disclosureproject.org...

Senior producers at two Big Media networks, who had been briefed in advance and were planning major exposes in their newsmagazine programs, later told me that they were not allowed to go forward with their investigations or broadcast the programs. When I asked why, they simply said, "They just won't let us do it." And when I ask who are 'they', I was told, "Dr. Greer, you know who they are…"

Also read up on the Peter Jennings documentary - www.disclosureproject.org...

...and it doesn't paint a rosy picture for those wishing to get the message 'out' via the media. Why don't they want it to leak out?

Well, the same people who control the media (Illuminati), control the economy. If ET is disclosed, the economy would collapse. The suppression of free energy systems for the last 50 years would expose our forced reliance on fossil fuel cartels - the power bases crumble like a house of cards. There's too much at stake for them. It goes BEYOND ET. The rabbit hole goes deep. Honestly, I can't believe more UFO people aren't aware of this sad catch 22.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would think that any well know celebrity who's interested in Ufology and thinks that his or her support for educating the public about UFO's would make a difference, would join MUFON as it's the most established UFO organization out there. So it's not surprising that Dan Akroyd is a member of that org.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hi! Been reading all of your members interesting posts since the O'Hare incident, lots of quality folks...so here goes, first post...
Feel Dan probably has more money than we want to know, and can invest his money wisely in safer venues. Its not about money. Think they have something special, and want to package it, with full analysis, should have more clout than a clip on YouTube. Could see him use any profits made go right back in programs he supports.
Feel we are in a time, because of so much video taken, beleavers will simply beleave more, and critics will use the amazing computer technology card to debunk photos/video. Compelling video evidence will soften some folks up, its that elusive "hard" evidence that will crack it all wide open.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this and I've come to the assumption that maybe because of his celebrity status, he's going to put the video (if in-hand) through the paces with MUFON and have it checked out as best as possible before releasing it.

I mean, it would be pretty embarassing if he put it out to the public as exclusive footage and then 2 weeks later, there's a logical explanation of it.

If that's the case, I say....take your time, Dan. Have it analysed, get your ducks in a row and be ready for whatever kind of responses you get. With his kind of backing, financially and socially, he has more of a reputation to lose if it comes back 'bunk' than would our average 'Joe' if he released it to the public.

It's always been said the the ufology community is it's worst enemy - so it's really good for 'us' to have someone of his status on our side to help get the message out.

Hydden

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Good first post lyingunderoath, I would agree that Dan is going to do the right thing with this, and expose it in the best way possible.

It's hard to believe no other celebrities have come forward to state their opinion's on UFOs. Dan may in fact be carving the path for other big names to join in. For 911 it has been Charlie Sheen and a few others, for UFOs we have Dan Aykroyd but no one else ?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Two new images on the ufovideo page are Hoax!

www.ufocasebook.com...

The top image is a mirror image of this one which I found.
www.geocities.com...

www.geocities.com...
18-Dec-2000 21:22

John

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Scheldroup
www.geocities.com...

Personally I'd have to say I like the pics from Norway.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Who are you talking about when you say "they're going to use celebrities"?

Dan has been one of the key people out there bringing UFO truth to the people, I don't think in any way he's a tool of the system if that is what you mean.

He's into this because he's smart and knows how important this subject is to humanities future.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Frozenthought]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Anyway.................................

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frozenthought

It's not that, Dan has deep ties within MUFON who is collecting all the data & Info on O'hare that they can, so Dan has access to what MUFON has.

That's odd, I've been in contact with the State Director of MUFON and he can't find anything our from Dan...

Springer...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i hate to bring it down, but is it even possible for this to be real? the last good thing akroyd did was ghost busters. since then its been disappointment after disappointment. how long has it been since he's gotten a bunch of attention? i think this is a ploy to get people to like him again

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
When there’s something strange, over your airport, who you gonna call? Dan Aykroyd.

If I had some really good footage of a UFO then I would want to make some money too.

We hear it every year, “I have the best footage” or “the smoking gun” yet nothing changes, skeptics still remain skeptics and believers still remain believers.

and we have to wait another year for this footage?

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Klaxmexalix]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
its the same ol' same ol' man. conspiricy and the like will create hear-say no matter what you do, but when it produces NOTHING but hear-say, thats when you have to step back and take a different approach. maybe if we stopped kissing anyones ass who SAYS they have real evidence, but of course they arent goin to show us, the fakers will thin out and stop posing so much

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The whole thing raises a pretty interesting topic that I haven't thought very much about. If you caught a quality saucer shot on camera/video, and you wanted to expose as many people as possible to it and open everyone's eyes, where would you go with it? If it was me, I'd have no idea.

If you take it on the 'net somewhere, thanks to the endless supply of photo-shopped hoaxes over the years, it'll most likely be called a hoax right off the bat, especially if it's a great shot. So right away, it won't be taken seriously.

Local TV news? They'd spend about 30 seconds on it, and deliver the story with sarcastic wonderment. "Ooooooo, what could it be??? What's going on up there in our skies?? Hmmmm. Now here's Henry with sports."

Network TV news? Same 30 seconds, but now with mocking overtones most likely.

A Ufology-type show or publication? They're mostly a niche market, and anyone not interested in such subject-specific topics would never see/hear about it, or would just assume it's more of the same from those UFO whackos.

In the end, I have no clue what I'd do with it without being insulted, called a hoaxer, or a nutjob. Of course I would post it here, and it might get some run on C2C, but again, a niche audience.

The question remains... how do you get the evidence to a mass audience and have it be taken seriously, most importantly, by the presenter of the evidence? In order to be taken seriously, it helps if it's presented seriously.

On-topic, I'll withhold judgement on what Dan is doing until I see the plan in motion. I know it needs production value and that takes time, but it just seems wrong to me to withhold something potentially Earth shattering from the public. And not only that, but to then charge money for anyone to actually see it. Whatever, I just hope it's not cell phone quality video.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by Frozenthought

That's odd, I've been in contact with the State Director of MUFON and he can't find anything our from Dan...

Springer...

I asked Stanton Friedman about it on Coast 2 Coast, he is in big with MUFON also, but he didn't know anything about it either.

You can hear it at 45 mins in here.

Digg It!

[edit on 8-2-2007 by MiahX]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am beginning to believe that the O'Hare incident was nothing more than a publicity stunt by Dan Ackroyd (paid off people working for United to report to FAA and talk to Jon Hilkevitch) for his forthcoming UFO DVD. They are "anonymous" for protection. Dan has come out to announce that he has "exclusive" footage.....how does he know this?? Has he covered everyone who potentially took pictures and videos??

How can he claim "exclusivity" without accounting for every UNITED employee, passengers at every terminal with a camera, cars driving by on roads (public roads) , every person at parking lots and garages walking in or riding in a shuttle from miles around, etc.

Maybe he can claim this exclusivity ONLY because he knows HE CAN...it was all fabricated as a publicity stunt.

Hey, Hollywood knows what to do to garner publicity for extra bucks......maybe we all bit into it ??

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
i also have exclusive footage. problem is that a simple typo has spawned a large contoversy. its not footage of a UFO... it's footage of LFO: a no hit wonder band from the turn of the millenium.

it's video of them working on the tarmac loading luggage cause their entertainment career fell through

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join