It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Aykroyd: We Have the O'Hare UFO Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
He may drag it out for dramatic effect. But hes not in it for the money. He is really big into UFO's

Absolutely. The guy is really "one of us." His interest in UFOs and the paranormal have been a deciding factor in which projects he has been involved in. IIRC he has had two personal sightings which sparked the interest in the subject.

[edit on 2/2/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This also came into my head of how it could've happened.

First, you have Dan trying to come up with stuff for a new DVD because the last one went over so well.

Second, you have someone who's not into the UFO scene that just happened to be at the airport and caught this thing on video. They don't know about ATS or any UFO forums on the internet. Face it, some people don't care about the subject that much.

Third, maybe the only video/movie that this person had heard about or watched was Dan's last video that he "saw at a friend's house" and since he recognized Dan as a celebrity, it stuck in his mind that he may be interested.

Fourth, now you have an average "Joe" that's thinking that maybe if Dan, a Hollyweird celebrity, *would* be interested in this, maybe he can get some money out of it.

Fifth, he contacts Dan, (or Sereda) makes a deal - presto, Dan has something extra to add to his already-in-the-works UFO DVD coming soon, to a video store near you.

Maybe?

Hydden

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I wonder how many of us would honestly pass up the opportunity to make some money in this scenario, whether your Dan Akroyd or not. Money is money and opportunity is opportunity, regardless of how much you have. However, the only reason i'm not disappointed i have to wait to see the footage is because i have little faith that this will be definitive in any respect. It never is, is it?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Something Dyp
However, the only reason i'm not disappointed i have to wait to see the footage is because i have little faith that this will be definitive in any respect. It never is, is it?

There is a bit of N.A.S.A. footage circulating the 'net that is definitive. Thought I would help you since you were wondering
Do a google or youtube search : "N.A.S.A. STS UFO (footage)"

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If he was just to release it without having the film or pictures first checked for authenticity wouldn't he feel pretty dumb if it turned out to be a hoax? I would bet that you'd be pretty peed off if he just released the footage without checking first.

It would be pretty funny if the pics turned out to be the ones we have already seen here and were supplied by the same guy.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i think its just like the UFO community to tear down someone like Dan Akroyd for not sharing his footage with all of you just cuz you want him to. Why should he? he's shown himself to be someone who sincerely interested in this subject and as a man of considerable business acumen im sure he has his reasons for holding the footage until the right time. And I hardly think he needs your money ok....especially since 90% of people are gonna download it for free instead of supporting it and actually buying it. So back off, at least he's doing something for the ufo scene other than sitting on his computer at this forum and dissing other people.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
yeah Dan is part of a new Sereda DVD (that one of our ATS members is co-producing). He may be hanging onto the video for reasons associated with having a new DVD about to hit the market.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
yeah Dan is part of a new Sereda DVD (that one of our ATS members is co-producing). He may be hanging onto the video for reasons associated with having a new DVD about to hit the market.

About to hit the market? I thought that article said a year from now?

Who is co-producing? Could they find out if the claim of having a video clip is true at least? I mean, we're not asking for the whole carcass....just throw us a bone! Hehe

Actually, I think if Dan read any of the OHare threads, he'd see how serious we were about getting to the bottom of this. I'd love to have Dan start posting in here with us anyway. I'm a big fan - always have been.

((I still want my Bass-O-Matic!!))

Hydden

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have no strong opinions toward Dan, but I'm happy to hear that these videos and photos might actually exist.

I hope they are released before O'Hare fades into memory completely though.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think the nice thing to do would be invite Dan to ATS and listen to what he has to say.

Regardless what we think abut the man, lets give the man a spell and get the info from the horses mouth.

Dan may be lurking, so if you are Dan, please speak.

Otherwise, can any of the Admins, Amigos entertain this idea?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz

Originally posted by Togetic
Unfortunately, some of his claims are just so out there that it makes it impossible to take him seriously. The statements that he has made about UFOs as interdimensional devices has left me personally cold to him.

before i make a claim of my own, can you please explain why aykroyds statement has left you personally cold to him?

[edit on 2-2-2007 by coronamoz]

I think that Aykroyd is a bit too impatient. He seemed to me to be swept up by the inter-dimensional hypothesis, which I personally believe to be lacking in some respects. I actually started a threat on this here and would like input if you have it.

I say these things based on his appearances on Coast to Coast AM, which may not paint a holistic picture. And, of course, these are my personal opinions, so I don't want to cast aspersions on any claims that you might wish to make.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
I think the nice thing to do would be invite Dan to ATS and listen to what he has to say.

Regardless what we think abut the man, lets give the man a spell and get the info from the horses mouth.

I agree. I have been critical in the past, to be sure. But if I had the chance to pick his brain, he may know something I don't, and I am open-minded enough to listen.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I second that.
While I wouldn't assume to speak for ATS, one of the Amigos should be able to post a really nice invitation over there at David Sereda's blog to invite them both over for a thread or two. You can probably get in touch with Dan quicker through Sereda. His blog, which I've heard him promote on C2C a couple of times is:

davidsereda.blogspot.com...

It looks like it hasn't been updated since Dec, but it's a start.

Hydden

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Your chances are better of contacting the Amigos by using this link or this one.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Frozen Thought on this forum is working with Sereda on his new film.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is part of the problem with the UFO phenomenon and why no one takes it seriously.

Maybe this is an alien craft or maybe it's not, but no matter what...it is a security and safety breach over an airport! Unfortunately, Akroyd had to pay money to get this, which in turn he does have a right to get back or make some money off of.

Yet, this reduces the importance of the event since this now becomes entertainment instead of information. Do you think science and the public are going to take this seriously when you have to buy a DVD in a year to actually see the event? How are we helping to prove aliens are visiting the planet if we charge $20 to see a DVD first? I just see this event going to waste if something so public is put under wraps for a year.

Debunkers love this...it gives them a year to come up with excuses and a much smaller audience to debate since the only people who care will be those who saw the DVD. A few in the media might still show it in a year, but right at the end of the news or somehow find a way to squeeze it in between the multiple over hyped weather 'fear"casts that the news do now.

Releasing a picture for free is least we can ask to help push the issue. Strike while the iron is hot Dan!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong. I like Ackroyd. Thing is, if he really valued disclosure, he wouldn't seek to make a dime off of any supposed evidence. He'd release it immediately to everyone in the media.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have enjoyed Dan Akroyd since his days on SNL but lets not turn him into the magic man of UFO's just because he's a celebrity.

He is obviously holding the O’Hare stuff until he can compile enough alternate footage and work out all the kinks associated with producing a DVD that's more than 15 minutes long. Hmm, that somehow sounds familiar...

Anyway, if he were not making money on the deal I don't think he'd be doing it.

Hey, I hear he is the "UFO liaison to Hollywood". No offense but that was funny!

More power to him.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm a member of a few UFO boards and I've read a lot about UFOs online for years.

Even so, (or because of this) if I had hard evidence from the O'Hare sighting, the last thing I would do is post it here or on another UFO board.

Sorry guys, but I think releasing evidence to the web first would totally dilute the strength of the evidence. Call it the "YouTube effect" (a term I am making up now) - everyone online can see such an overwhelming amount of really good videos made by amateurs that it dulls our sense of believability.

I wouldn't even give my evidence to MUFON. I feel like it would disappear into the maw of Ufology infighting.

I would give it to Dan Ackroyd in a heartbeat.

As for David Sereda? I personally would not go to him. His films aren't as consistent and logical as I think they need to be to gain real credibility. I'm just not a fan of his work because I think he undermines his own message with sloppiness (repeatedly showing footage that isn't labeled, for example).

But tell me, what's a better alternative?

The web?
Who on the web?

Who would you trust to give your first-rate evidence to for maximum impact on the general public?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well said. The positive support for Dan Aykroyd is starting to shine through now in this thread, even after some harsh remarks about him initially. I think this is due to the fact that most people respect this man, and trust that he will expose this video in the best way possible.

Everything takes time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join