It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Evil Exist? God is the only True Life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Everything is an expression of God. As such, there is only one Life: God's. We are only extensions of God's Life.

Since God is alone, He is always partly depressed; this leads to anger; and anger leads to evil. To cure evil, there has to be a group of Supreme Beings that are not alone. To the best of my knowledge, this either cannot happen or may never happen.

Free will does not exist. Everything is God's will, including war, murder, assault, suicide, and all forms of evil. Likewise, everything great is God's will: love, charity, hope, faith, kindness, empathy...

Life to me is a never ending battle between good and evil.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3

Feel free to agree or disagree with any of my statements.

God Bless!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
GreatTech, that,at least to some degree, is probably true. I have always had a real problem with the concept of "free will." Too many decisions are made due to circumstance rather than by what we want to do. To me, that is not "free will."

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth, thank you for partially agreeing with me. What I said in my original post is my current best explanation of the cause of evil. Unless I am transformed into another explanation by God's grace, my current belief may last for some time.

Best Wishes, my friend.

God Bless All!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Since God is alone,

God is not alone, GT. He has at least one true and loyal friend - probably many more, but one i can vouch for as being true blue and at his right hand 24/7/365.

He is always partly depressed; this leads to anger; and anger leads to evil.

Actually, i must correct you on this - anger turned inwards leads to depression. Depression doesn't lead to anger - anger leads to depression when it is auto-directed.
God is not mad at God and God is not depressed. Sometimes blue - but hey we all get blue now and then.

Life to me is a never ending battle between good and evil.

I take your word for this, my dear - however that battle between two different sides is an inner battle that all humans fight within themselves until they realize the true nature and purpose of good/evil (being not dualistic but binary cooperation).

The purpose of evil is written in the Book:

Psalms 34:21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
queenannie38, thank you for your comments. What is your best explanation of the cause of evil? Does it always, sometimes, or never emanate from God?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

queenannie38, thank you for your comments. What is your best explanation of the cause of evil? Does it always, sometimes, or never emanate from God?

you know
evil could just come from life
the existence of living things that have enough brain power to comprehend pleasure and take selfish action that is harmful to others in order to experience more of it

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Speakeroftruth, From a disbeliever, i hope you dont mind my input.

You seem to deny free will but i practise it every day, dont you.
Surely a God would instigate free will in his creations, how else could he/she/it judge our behaviour/sins/lack of.
If death weighs your soul before committing you to heaven, hell or purgatory what can it be weighed against if God deny's free will.
Am i thick or i merely misunderstand your question.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Surely a God would instigate free will in his creations, how else could he/she/it judge our behaviour/sins/lack of.
If death weighs your soul before committing you to heaven, hell or purgatory what can it be weighed against if God deny's free will.
Am i thick or i merely misunderstand your question.

But there is no free will. The moment "free will" enters is the moment the Omniscience of God exits. God is Omniscient. He cannot properly judge anybody for Heaven, Purgatory, or Hell without the absence of "free will." God controls everything; some are cognizant of it, some are not, but all eventually realize it. Everything is destiny.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

He cannot properly judge anybody for Heaven, Purgatory, or Hell without the absence of "free will."

That just doesnt make sense to me.
Why bother judging anyone if we've never had free will, surely he/she/it has already determined the outcome if we havent had the opportunity to make our own decisions. Do you see where im coming from.

Why do you always refer to God as he?

Thanks
M4S

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

All things come from God, GT - for a specific reason!

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Why bother judging anyone if we've never had free will, surely he/she/it has already determined the outcome if we havent had the opportunity to make our own decisions. Do you see where im coming from.

I believe God is constantly judging. I believe this is a natural attribute of God associated with His Omniscience. I also believe that part of our afterlife can be in Heaven and part in Hell. I also believe we can rapidly oscillate between the two.

Why do you always refer to God as he?

I refer to God as He or male because when I pray to Him He tells me that He is male. This is also confirmed by the Bible and many Spiritual texts. However, I do believe that God loves male and female humans equally.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

All things come from God, GT - for a specific reason!

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Assuming human "free will", WHY did God create evil?

Assuming no human "free will", WHY did God create evil?

Would there be no evil if no humans ever existed?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I believe God is constantly judging.

There is no need for God to judge if we have no free will.
Sorry i dont mean to belabour the point but your answer to this question still escapes me.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Life on Earth. Our current state. Yes, we have freewill. We have the power to choose betwen good & bad. Simple. This is part of such a wonderful plan.

As the saying goes, there is always an opposition. You will not learn hate if you don't know love. You will not be happy when you don't know loneliness. We know pleasure because there is pain.

Evil means a lot of things. We have been oriented about the physical appearance of evil of having horns & tails etc. Yet real evil is the evil things that men do.

God gave us a pre agency in this current state of life. It is up to us wheter we choose him or choose evil. God wants us to decide for ourselves.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
God wants us to decide for ourselves.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by searching_for_truth]

If i believed in a God that is what i would believe to be the truth .

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I believe God is constantly judging.

There is no need for God to judge if we have no free will.
Sorry i dont mean to belabour the point but your answer to this question still escapes me.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." Jeremiah 1:5

God does not judge like the human judge in criminal and civil courts. God pre-judges each being and establishes a role for each being according to His plan. God has Infinite Prophecy. God knew what you were going to do yesterday 3 billion years ago. At death we are all judged according to God's Law and this will be the lead into our destiny.

We were already pre-judged before we were formed in the womb. If we do not attune ourselves with God's Will, we will experience the pains and torments of Hell. One of the greatest aspects of life, however, is the ability of a human to reform himself or herself in a way that God loves.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

God knew what you were going to do yesterday 3 billion years ago.

I hope He/She/It had their eye's closed, it was messy!

If we do not attune ourselves with God's Will, we will experience the pains and torments of Hell.

If we do not attune ourselves to God's will aren't we exercising free will? Therefore we have free will.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Good and evil are subjective events determined by the observer and what they believe. SO to answer your question - god didnt create evil, evil is a man made construct determined by the observer.

As for free will, I have free will and can do what I please although I choose to do things that I dont like doing through circumstance eg work, pay bills etc.

If we didnt have free will what would be the point of following the path, so someones got something wrong somewhere. Either god is omniscient and knows everything (and therefore cant change anything), which would make god the root of all evil or god is not omniscient.

G

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

But there is no free will. The moment "free will" enters is the moment the Omniscience of God exits. God is Omniscient. He cannot properly judge anybody for Heaven, Purgatory, or Hell without the absence of "free will." God controls everything; some are cognizant of it, some are not, but all eventually realize it. Everything is destiny.

So let me get this straight:

God has predetermined those who will spend eternity in hell. He has, since before they were born, decided that they will spend their eternal afterlife in pain, suffering and agony.

God has predetermined those who will be raped before age 8. God has set forth the motions that will lead a family annihilator to murder his loved ones. God has made certain individuals for the sole purpose of being tortured from an early stage in life until their untimley death. God has decided befroehand which parents will have to struggle with a severly autistic or mentally retarded child.

God has made a certain, and very high number of us, for the sole purpose of dying unnatural and untimely deaths; to lead horrible lives of pain and suffering.

Wow...and why should I follow this skewed sadist of a deity?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
GreatTech, Do you mind if I ask what religious teachings you follow?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join