It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

breaking news on cnn: iran behind karbala attack?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Here's the link from CNN

Gulf of Tonkin draft, waiting approval from the Commander In Chief for spin?
We'll see.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dpw134
Has anyone caught the part about Bush denying that he wants to, or has made plans to, invade Iran?

At this point, don't you think it would be difficult for him to go to war in Iran with his public policy being that he's against it? I know the American people are very skeptical about any kind of further military action.

Yes it seems america is very cynical about anymore war. For the sake of argument lets be extremely cynical and step over into conspiracy.

If the USA commited multiple attacks on it's own troops and managed to blaim it on Iran then the american people may just support a war. What if a chemical weapon hits your troops?

On the other hand as i said earlier, what if Israel goes in first and the USA simply provides extra support. Maybe Bush could even sell it to seem like the US troops are there to hold back Israel from being to extreme.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The part of me who doesn't want to believe in widespread conspiracies is telling me that maybe this time the military is telling the truth about Iranian Agents, and Im hoping that the President isn't actually that dumb to invade another country.

However, the paranoid/skeptical side of me is shouting down my rational side and saying, "This is it - the beginning of the end".

I would say it will be interesting to see how this all plays out, but really, Im actually terrified to see how it all goes down.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
One of the probable reasons of invading Iraq? We may not be reading between the lines very well. After all that's been said and done, the bottom-line of the war in Iraq could be the invasion of Iran.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Bush is going to need more than this for a war with Iran. I do believe, with the evidence presented, that Iran is boosting insurgents in Iraq though. Is that a reason to go to war though? No.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The Latest From Drudge...

NBC NEWS confirms a secret U.S. military report that says 'Iranian Agents' may be behind a deadly ambush in Karbala, Iraq that left five American soldiers dead. The report also claims the Iranian revolutionary guard is providing intelligence on U.S. and Iraqi military to Shiite extremists, in addition to sophisticated weaponry. Developing...

If Iran is in Iraq attacking Americans, we got problems. Is this the false flag attack we've been waiting for? Personally, if this is true, I think it's time to get stiff with Iran, but how can we know the truth anymore? We're not on the ground and we didn't see the attack.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

but how can we know the truth anymore? We're not on the ground and we didn't see the attack.

Exactly, we don't. We can't know if it is true or false, or whom to trust.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The sad thing is that the Iranian govt has been losing its grasp on power for some time now, and the only thing this will do is reinvigorate its control.

If the US does nothing in or to Iran it will change on its own terms by its own people they no longer can stand the rhetoric of their president as much as the US.

The worst part is that the US intelligence knows this too, so if we do see an attak on Iran it will mean it was done simply to provoke further death and destruction.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
By the end of the week, the Bush administration is suppose to release a secret intelligence "dossier" about Iran meddling in Iraq. You remember the secret ``dossier`` about Iraq WMDs? Same thing here.

Also, why Bush is complaining that Iran is helping the Iraqi people against the occupant forces? US army don't want to be there, the US population don't want to be there, the Iraqi population don't want to be there. Sorry, but Iraq is not US soil. An attack in Iraq against US troops isn't an attack against the US, it's not a threat to US sovergnity. This is pure spin.

When sunnis attacks US forces it's not the fault of Saudi Arabia, but when shiites attacks US forces, it's Iran's fault. What a bunch of crap. The Iraqi government want to be ally with Iran and want the US forces to get out, and that's what the majority of iraq wants. The only ones who want another war that will cost over 3 millions lives in the first days (CIA estimations) are the warmongerers in Israël, US and UK.

Negroponte, another neo-con is calling for an attack and the iranian ambassador in New York, Iran is in Iraq to stay, so STFU Bush.

I just hope that if Bush attack, the american people will stand and march on Washington and hang this traitor of humanity.

Update: America ‘poised to strike at Iran’s nuclear sites’ from bases in Bulgaria and Romania

And from Al-Manar: From a Jerusalem Post article Israël will buy for 100 millions $ worth in smart bombs to the US. Preparation for Syria and Iran? Jerusalem Post article

Serguei Ivanov have a point...

:"Russia is not worried. Its strategic nuclear forces can assure in any circumstance its safety.Since neither Tehran,nor Pyongyang possess intercontinental missiles capable of threatening the USA, from whom is this new missile shield supposed to protect the West? All it actually amounts to is that Prague and Warsaw want to demonstrate their loyalty to Washington."

So is this missile shield aimed at Russia and China? When I read that the army think they can win a nuclear war against Russia, I'm worried. Let's say they take out 95% of Russia arsenal in the first strike. The other 5% will be stopped by the missile shield, or anyway, what's a few millions deads in comparaison to global hegemony? Yes, that's how they think.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Thanks for that post. You took to me from a skeptic to a believer that Bush is taking the US into Iran.

I still don't think that 5 dead soldiers and an intelligence dossier is going to convince the US public that this war is worthwhile. I was sold on Iraq at the beginning, but I really don't see myself ever being sold to go into Iran. They can produce all the documents they want, but unless Iran pulls us into this one, I can't see how the public will get behind it.

The difference between Iran and Iraq is scary. Iran actually wants a fight. Plus, they've got some military capability.

Oh yeah, where's Bin Laden? Still haven't got that kook yet have we? Here's the deal Mr. President. We won't let you play in Iran until you get Bin Laden, the guy who supposedly started all this.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Iran actually wants a fight. Plus, they've got some military capability.

Iran population don't want a fight, Ahmanejidad want a fight to stay in power and for his religious crap. And yes, Iran have some military capability, they will launch thousands of missiles against Israël, biological, chemicals and conventionnal. I think it will end with Iran being nuked.

I still don't think that 5 dead soldiers and an intelligence dossier is going to convince the US public that this war is worthwhile. I was sold on Iraq at the beginning, but I really don't see myself ever being sold to go into Iran. They can produce all the documents they want, but unless Iran pulls us into this one, I can't see how the public will get behind it.

They don't care. They will say that Iran is killing US soldiers, killing iraqis and that the US can't let iranian kill iraqis or killing democracy in Iraq, that kind of crap, this and the nuclear program, a threat to Israël... denial of the holocaust... blablabla.

Oh yeah, where's Bin Laden? Still haven't got that kook yet have we? Here's the deal Mr. President. We won't let you play in Iran until you get Bin Laden, the guy who supposedly started all this.

Yeah, BenLaden, what a joke. Bush said himself on tape that he don't care and he dismantled the unit who had the mission to capture him. Of course, we all know that a lot of americans don't know that, hell, 15% of americans never heard of global warming!

And of course, all this show that the congress is siding with Bush. Because if they were really for the people, they would take him out, no trial for impeachment, just take him to jail for all his crimes. Or at least, remove him his powers and Cheney's power during the trial.

With all the powers that Bush have... he can veto anything, he can wage war against any nation without congress approval for 90 days... Will really the next president, probably Hillary will reverse all this? Yeah right.

The US needs a revolution real fast.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

but how can we know the truth anymore?
WE CANT. So that leaves us who have been lied to too many times to tell ourselves this is yet another lie- we couldnt cut it with the "nukes" so now we have "this".
By hook or by crook there's going to be a war in Iran because the
"decider" and "The Vice President" will get their way one way or another.

I hear ships have already been sent to the Persian Gulf, which brings to mind a prophecy i read that said a US warship will be sunk BUT the United States will sink it on purpose.

By hook or by crook they will get their way and gain support.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
So, now we're no longer talking about Iran's nuke capabilities. Now its Iran behind attacks of all kinds.

There's only a very marginal group of indoctrinated Neocons that is convinced Iran should be taken out; they don't simply care about the credibility of the motives for starting a war. Even in Neocon societies, the majority of rational thinkers disagree with a war on Iran. It's hard to sell another WMD story to the public opinion. Over to plan B, let's blame Iran for the mess in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Bush wil not invade IRan on this.
As stated he said he would allow his troops to strike iranian assets in iraq to limit there impact of the death of americans.

This more than likely IS iran .

What scares me the most, Is Iran are blatantly attacking US forces with no regard for retaliation.

I think they are INVITING america to have a go, and if so...

why are they so cocky?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Vitchilo: I should have clarified what I meant by "Iran" wants a war. Meaning, those who fire the missles want a fight, not the general population. Saddam Hussein was just keeping with his rhetoric until the US was on his doorstep to not look like a coward. Meanwhile, he was hiding in a spider hole.

As far as America is concerned, I think we are going through an awakening. Prior to those tall buildings in NYC falling down, we really didn't care (other than those in power) about the rest of the world. Now, all of the sudden, we're getting a quick education in geopolitics. The changes might not happen tomorrow, but I think you'll see an awareness that you've never seen in the US before. Especially with information being transmitted in new and better ways, I think it will become easier to hold those in power accountable. We just need to start rewarding honest people who have their concern for America first by voting them into office. The old days of voting down the party line are gone.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Also, tomorrow is the start of 10 days of parties in Iran in commemoration of the 1979 revolution and some religious holiday. Also, the second strike group will be in place tomorrow.

I think something will happen in the next 2 weeks concerning Iran. UN asked Iran to back down on uranium enrichment, but they can't back down NOW with the revolution holiday... Maybe after, but not in the next 2 weeks, or that would be very unusual. The Bush administration really planned this well... Arriving of the report on Iran and the second strike group just before the revolution commemoration so they can't back down on nuclear enrichment... great planning.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hear is another thred to give some more information.

U.S. solders launched two raid on Iranian targets in Iraq yesterday. Five Iranians were detained and vast amounts of documents and computer data were seized. The raids are part of a new U.S. military and intelligence operation launched against Iran. The U.S. is trying to identify and capture top officials of the Revolutionary Gard's al-Quds Brigade operation in Iraq. The Brigade is active in arming and training and funding militant movements such as Hezbollah in Lebanon. Containing Iran is now a strategy to end Iraq's violence.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Anyone else think the entire attack might have been set up by the US administration in order to bolster hatred toward Iran? Not just blaming them, but actually doing it, killing fellow Americans, then blaming Iran. American uniforms, spoke very good english, well planned??? Sounds like an inside job to me. After 9/11, which I don't think was a complete inside job, but was "allowed" to happen, this wouldn't be a far streach to think Dick and the boys would do this to try to convince the world that Iran is bad, they must be taken out.

I can't help but disagree with this; there is no evidence that we had a hand in this whatsoever. I and reasonable people can't start speculating on something so horrible unless there is a lot of proof that first comes forward.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by charliegrs
just saw on cnn a few minutes ago [5:15 pm arizona time] a breaking news segment, cnn says they got a report that the US believes theres a strong possibilty that either Iran or Iranian trained iraqis carried out the attack in Karbala that resulted in 1 US soldier killed and 4 kidnapped and later executed. I cannot yet find anything on the CNN website about this as it is such a new report so i cannot yet offer a link to the story but im sure there will be very soon. From what CNN cited from the report, the US military believes that due to the sophistication of the Karbala attack that is what is beyond the means of the regular insurgents and very possibly carried out with help from Iran or even from Iranians themselves.

More like it was Shia militia members in the Iraqi Police and Army getting the info on US Troops movements to carry out such an attack, and the US Military can not admit it because of censorship from higher up.

So I ask, am I the only one that saw this coming?

No you could see something like this coming. Gulf Of Tonkin.

1: it was the iraqi insurgents. they have pulled off sophisticated attacks before like the suicide bombing on a marine mess hall that killed over 20 marines a few years ago. and the iraqi soldiers guarding the facility in karbala could have been involved too

That is my thinking. The Shia insurgents want the US Soldiers away from Shia areas, and out of Iraq.

2: it was the iranians. lets face it, they spoke english, had GMC trucks, american military uniforms apparently they had connections that are more likely for foreign agents to have.

Any other foreign agent can speak English, wear miltary uniform and pull it off.

What if it was Blackwater? They could be hired to kill US Soldiers if the money is high enough. They are guns for hire after all.

3: gulf of tonkin type scenario to draw us into a war with iran. perhaps the attackers in karbala were CIA agents? there have been reports that one of the attackers had blonde hair, well i dont think ANY iraqi or iranian has blonde hair. could have been a US government operation that could be blamed on the iranians so Bush finally has the real excuse he wants to attack iran.

Would not surprise me.

Sadly.

An excuse to attack Iran's nuclear facilities with large American public support saying "They killed our soldiers."

That's what the NeoCons need. An emotional pretext like that.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Irians need to stop screwing around or face the wrath of the military

Or just have Israel drop Tatical nukes on there areas!!

Yep that's an intelligent opinion. It's possible this was iranians, iraqis or even the US simply setting up a decent reason for war. Others have said that already and they are correct, but i doubt we will ever know which it is. Sadly we will have to accept the official story as true and move on.

Do you have evidence of this claim? As I have said, this claim is so terrible that it requires a lot of proof before people should start listening to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join